Random Basketball Observations

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

can't you go five minutes without putting black people down?

Jeff Stotts ‏@RotowireATC Hear me out. Mavs sign Seth Curry, Jason Thompson, & Gerald Green. Then roll out a lineup of Curry, Thompson, Green, Barnes, & Bogut.

have to love JR Smith   J.R. Smith apparently drives a $450,000 armored truck around New York City now    

I think Kobe is learning something that Lebron already knows. That Mike Brown is a bad coach.
He needs an offensive coordinator. Let Mike Brown run the defense and handle the media and hire some young talented assistant and give him complete control over the offense. Right now, if Kobe doesn't score 30+, the Lakers literally can't beat a good team.
He needs an offensive coordinator. Let Mike Brown run the defense and handle the media and hire some young talented assistant and give him complete control over the offense. Right now, if Kobe doesn't score 30+, the Lakers literally can't beat a good team.
haralabobHaralabos VoulgarisThis Laker team might be the least athletic team in recent memory.haralabobHaralabos VoulgarisI said this at the start of the year, aside from Etore , the laker assistant coaching staff is like all time worlds worst.haralabobHaralabos VoulgarisDo you really want John Kuester drawing up offensive plays for you after a timeout?haralabobHaralabos Voulgaris@@vansmak45 Kuester was the guy drawing up all the magical plays in Cleveland and the failed miserably in Detroit too

no team should ever have mcbob and troy murphy. maybe one, but never both. derek fisher is terrible. so is matt barnes, mwp, steve blake, devin ebanks, darius morris, jason kapano, and mike brown.pau is slipping too.not good.

I realize that Laker fans used to think that it was a bad idea to trade Pau and Bynum for Dwight.....but looking at this team you have to blow it up and start over. Dwight has been throwing up 20-20s all season. Get him now if you can. Include Houston again....bet Lakers could get Scola, Jameer and Dwight for Pau/Bynum.Their current roster is going nowhere and that's with Bynum healthy and playing fine.

I realize that Laker fans used to think that it was a bad idea to trade Pau and Bynum for Dwight
I'm not doubting this, just having a hard time believing Lakers fans could be this stupid. Trading those two for Dwight would be one of the biggest heists in history.

Lebron James has a 35.27 PER rating, which if he maintains for the season would be a record. It's a pity Hollinger's fancy numbers can't measure guts and class and knowing how to win, because Lebron would have a -69 rating.

Is D.Will/Dirk/D12 (Triple D in Big D!) better than Lebron/Wade/Bosh? As a unit, not individually.
Yes Yes YES -- it's not even close. IF this magically happened (i'm not sure how it could/would) then Dallas would have such sick height defensively with a million options offensively. you could literally fill the sg/sf positions with any random 3pt shooters or defensive stoppers.
Lebron James has a 35.27 PER rating, which if he maintains for the season would be a record. It's a pity Hollinger's fancy numbers can't measure guts and class and knowing how to win, because Lebron would have a -69 rating.
I can't tell if this is a joke. I mean, I don't know about guts or class, but he clearly knows how to win.
Yes Yes YES -- it's not even close. IF this magically happened (i'm not sure how it could/would) then Dallas would have such sick height defensively with a million options offensively. you could literally fill the sg/sf positions with any random 3pt shooters or defensive stoppers.
Well, Lebron's better than Dwight, Wade and Dirk are a wash as they both age (and that's being generous imo, Wade plays defense), and Deron is slightly better than Bosh. So, yeah, totally not close!That's what Miami used to think by the way, that you could fill PG and C with any two live bodies and win....league is too deep for that now.Speedz, BigD is just re-trolling Ottawa Biatch.
Yeah, the defense looks pretty good. They should've kept Brian Shaw around to run the triangle.
I can't tell if this is a joke.
Yeah, like Cane said, re-trolling. I like Biatch a lot in the hockey forum; I think he's really funny. But at least in there he actually contributes other things too. In here and in the football forum all he does is troll.The Lakers supporting group is awful. Really, really awful. Blow it up for Dwight if you can. I think both Lakers and Celtics fans are taking solace in the fact that the other team also sucks.

I'd rather have him just stay in the hockey forum than engage him.I got my first extended look at Ricky Rubio on Friday. Even though he was something like 1 for 11, I'm all in with Ricky. Minnesota might actually have something going up there. I wonder if Love signs a max extension with them now that they have a few players with him.

I tI don't think I've ever been more wrong about a player coming from college to the pros as I was Kevin Love. I was convinced that his game was a college game and wouldn't be able to translate well at all to the pros. I thought his absolute ceiling was as a bench/depth player on a crappy team. Oops.

You know, re-trolling is a lot less funny when you explain it to someone, guys.
Sorry everyone.
I tI don't think I've ever been more wrong about a player coming from college to the pros as I was Kevin Love. I was convinced that his game was a college game and wouldn't be able to translate well at all to the pros. I thought his absolute ceiling was as a bench/depth player on a crappy team. Oops.
Standard anti-white bias. But those outlet passes!
Yeah, the defense looks pretty good. They should've kept Brian Shaw around to run the triangle.
They're still running the triangle sometimes...I swear it's the only time they ever get good shots. I told Sebastian to look up how much better they are with the triangle this year compared with their other shit and write about it. Might be happening soon. If not soon, I'm going to look it up myself.
I think both Lakers and Celtics fans are taking solace in the fact that the other team also sucks.
Pretty much.The Celtics have managed to destroy all the excitement I felt about the NBA coming back. They're miserable to watch, and without Rondo it's excruciating. And all of the nationally televised games involve the Lakers or Heat, and as mentioned, watching the Lakers sucks too.