Random Basketball Observations

will we be able to spot you on camera?
I'm on the bench. Our coaching staff is just our head coach, me and Sebastian.
I don't get NBAtv. So which current lineup did you like?
I don't think it's that close...Howard, Wade, Kobe, Dirk. Those guys aren't losing a series to any of those teams.
  • Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

can't you go five minutes without putting black people down?

Jeff Stotts ‏@RotowireATC Hear me out. Mavs sign Seth Curry, Jason Thompson, & Gerald Green. Then roll out a lineup of Curry, Thompson, Green, Barnes, & Bogut.

have to love JR Smith   J.R. Smith apparently drives a $450,000 armored truck around New York City now    

I don't think it's that close...Howard, Wade, Kobe, Dirk. Those guys aren't losing a series to any of those teams.
C'mon, at the very least it's close. I actually think team 4 would be pretty interesting on offense. Chris Paul and Amare running pick and rolls all game and if you rotate over you've got Ray Allen and Durant spotting up. I'd probably put Duncan in instead of Chandler so he doesn't clog the lane like Chandler. He can just take those mid-range bank shots. They wouldn't stop anybody on defense though.
C'mon, at the very least it's close. I actually think team 4 would be pretty interesting on offense. Chris Paul and Amare running pick and rolls all game and if you rotate over you've got Ray Allen and Durant spotting up. I'd probably put Duncan in instead of Chandler so he doesn't clog the lane like Chandler. He can just take those mid-range bank shots. They wouldn't stop anybody on defense though.
I don't think it's that close, in my opinion. The gap between the Paul team and Lebron team is closer than the gap in the Kobe team and Lebron team.That team would definitely be tough to defend, but they're going to live and die by jumpers while the Wade/Kobe team is going to live at the FT line.
Good defenses can force him to take jumpers. Most defenses cannot, and especially not in the regular season.
Yeah, but taking him 8th? ridiculous, particularly if you take him on the all time team, but not all of the 7 ahead of him. And Bynum first overall is just LOL lakers homerism.
Yeah, but taking him 8th? ridiculous, particularly if you take him on the all time team, but not all of the 7 ahead of him. And Bynum first overall is just LOL lakers homerism.
I completely agree. I've had to defend Lebron to these guys over and over, and I hate defending Lebron. Howard/Lebron should go 1-2 every time in this thing (any order depending on who you want). The guy who took Bynum isn't even a Laker fan.

Would team 3 be able to force him to take jumpers given the supporting casts? Can Parker stay with Rose? Is Dirk guarding Aldridge one on one? You're not going zone against an all-star team.

Would team 3 be able to force him to take jumpers given the supporting casts? Can Parker stay with Rose? Is Dirk guarding Aldridge one on one? You're not going zone against an all-star team.
Who is guarding them. They have 4 unguardable players. Remember Dwight Howard. He's back there on defense too.
Who is guarding them. They have 4 unguardable players. Remember Dwight Howard. He's back there on defense too.
Tony Parker and/or Dwight Howard aren't unguardable. And Lebron would make things difficult for Kobe IN THIS ECONOMY at this age. I also think a guy like Bynum would be the best guy to have on offense if Howard is helping on defense. Bynum lives at the rim, so if Howard leaves, he would get all that junk at the basket. Also, since we're talking about current current, Dirk hasn't exactly been great this year. Aldridge is outplaying him. And I'll take Pau and DWill over Blake and Richard Jefferson coming off the bench.
This is great. I don't see the Mad Ants anywhere though.
Well, he said it was on NBA tv, so just go to NBAtv's website and look at the schedule.
Last night just proved how much lebron sucks and isn't clutch. Kobe is such a beast, lebron could learn so much from Kobe.
As a Miami Heat NON supporter, its great to see..
Last night just proved how much lebron sucks and isn't clutch. Kobe is such a beast, lebron could learn so much from Kobe.
Good point, there's nothing more definitive than a regular season game in January.
You are so totally right. I think Calderon is better than Lebron anyway. Screw that guy.

Lebron already learned the most important lesson from Kobe-----always play on team with at least one other superstar. Easier game that way.

As a Miami Heat NON supporter, its great to see..
Enjoy the Raptors!

lol hockey guysPoppy, from Haralabob twitter:One thing that apparently nobody but the crew that charted defense for us knows - getting a hand in the face on a shot has ~Zero effectIts so much better to just contest the shot high vs sticking a hand in the guys face, its all muscle memory. They don't need to see.I remember Pat Riley talking about how drastically shot percentages go down on contested shots versus open shots. His defensive philosophy was bust your butt to get a hand up; don't worry about blocking the shot and possibly drawing a foul. But I've never seen somebody break it down between hand in the face and just hand high. Thought it was interesting. I've always thought the hand in the face was stupid, but that was Battier's go-to move against Kobe.kobe.jpgkobe-bryant-battier.jpgkobe-battier2.jpg

The problem with the hand in the face is an offensive player knows which defensive players do it, and therefore are no threat to affect, or block your shot. That last picture is a good example...Battier is up in him, but Kobe knows he's not challenging the shot so he can take his shot in the rhythm he wants.

Duncan is a traditional center not a power forward, he just likes being called that so that people will say like you do that he was the best of all time instead of one of the best centers of all time but not close to the best.
Is this widely accepted? I always viewed him as a power forward in terms of his offensive skillset, kind of like a Kevin McHale.
Those guys don't know their history is Pistol Pete wasn't a starter.
Look at his pro stats. They're great, but not "all time team starter" great.
Last night just proved how much lebron sucks and isn't clutch.
Are idiots idiotic, or what?
The problem with the hand in the face is an offensive player knows which defensive players do it, and therefore are no threat to affect, or block your shot. That last picture is a good example...Battier is up in him, but Kobe knows he's not challenging the shot so he can take his shot in the rhythm he wants.
But doesn't Battier do relatively well against Kobe?