Lunch From Tim Horton's

<written with exasperated humour>So, first time I ever go to Timmy's for lunch...I decide on the Turkey Bacon Club donut combo (fuck soup). i get a tea instead of coffee (first mistake?). I ask for white bread, which turns out fine. I ask for a chocolate dip donut, the kind with the "chocolate glaze" on top.- The sandwich has MUSTARD onit. Who the *(^)&^&^ puts MUSTARD on a club sandwich??? It wasn't inedible, like the place I used to live near that jazzed up their "house" club by putting a slice of all-American Kraft on the friggin' thing, but mustard does NOT belong on a Club sandwich unless you ASK for it. Mayo, imo.- The tea was in a small 8 oz cup...Is a large cup extra? IS IT?- The donut is a chocolate GLAZE. I'm looking at it now. It's a chocolate donut with icing sugar on it. Fine, I'll eat the fucking thing, but it's NOT what I asked for and YOU PEOPLE should be donut experts, NO? no.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but mustard does NOT belong on a Club sandwich unless you ASK for it. Mayo, imo.- The tea was in a small 8 oz cup...Is a large cup extra? IS IT?
This is why I always ask what comes on something if it's the first time I've ordered it/been there. Mayo don't go on no burger damn you Wendy!FWIW, I prefer my club with mustard unless I can get Italian dressing.
This is why I always ask what comes on something if it's the first time I've ordered it/been there. Mayo don't go on no burger damn you Wendy!FWIW, I prefer my club with mustard unless I can get Italian dressing.
I bet you like being pegged by a midget, too... ;-)Excellent point about "asking", though.If we can take any lessons away from this thread, let that be Lesson #1.
I bet you like being pegged by a midget, too... ;-)Excellent point about "asking", though.If we can take any lessons away from this thread, let that be Lesson #1.
what's not to like?

I once went to a Tim Horton's right outside of Foxwoods in Connecticut after a night of playing cards. It is the first and only one I've ever been to (we don't have them down here in NYC). My friend, who's a bit chubby, ordered a few donuts. The girl behind the counter, who was obviously in high school or younger, said to him, "Really, do you know how bad those are for you?"It was a pretty hilarious encounter.

I also learned about the Mustard mistake the hardway - ruined my day as well - so disgusting.I always say no mustard and yes their combos all come with medium coffees and unless you've been living in a cave you should know that medium coffees are like shotglass size considering they don't have a small.

Mercury are you the type of person who calls 911 if someone messes up your order?I am deeply afraid of people spitting on my food, so I usually won't say anything even if they royally F it up. I know I should say something, but i just can't. I'm such a pussy.

Mercury are you the type of person who calls 911 if someone messes up your order?I am deeply afraid of people spitting on my food, so I usually won't say anything even if they royally F it up. I know I should say something, but i just can't. I'm such a pussy.
Nah, not at all. Just decided to have a semi (rant) here and intro a new-ish thread topic and maybe we'll get some good sotries about how people's orders got messed up. By the same token, some good stories are in order as well.For example, I go to the Keg a couple of times a year. A while back, we had generally had a very good meal. I thought my steak was a little on the salty side, however, but ate it anyway and simply mentioned it in passing to the waitress, something along the lines of "the kitchen might want to be a little careful, just in case people don't like their steak that seasoned". Next thing you know, the manager comes over, all apologies, and offers us a free dessert. Well, that's what I call service. I honestly didn't use any tone with the waitress and we both commented that we found the service at The Keg extremely accomodating...(This was the one down at the bottom of Church Street in Toronto). Kudos to The Keg!PS: My gf is super picky, however...lol

I'm still trying to wrap my head around "Turkey Bacon Club donut combo."Is that like how some deli's will give you a cookie with your sandwich? They give a donut?Or is Tim Horton's a donut place that also offers sandwiches?

I wouldn't call 911 but I do get upset. But I usually find out about the mal-order when I get home. So I end up sending an email and then getting some douche to beg for my address so he can send me coupons. But if I am in a subway and they try and get me to buy chips luckily I have my sandwich made by then because they would surely spit on it.
I also learned about the Mustard mistake the hardway - ruined my day as well - so disgusting.I always say no mustard and yes their combos all come with medium coffees and unless you've been living in a cave you should know that medium coffees are like shotglass size considering they don't have a small.
they do have a small.
Obvious brag post. Nice try at hiding it, though.
lol...about food. Her claim that she's picky about men doesn't hold up to scrutiny...
I don't believe you.
I r busted...Usually, it's OK, but sometimes it's a rage inducing thing.

I find it funny that the McDonald's (all of them) back home in Indiana have American high school kids working there and you order just a cheeseburger meal and it is f'd up somehow, forget about anything being right if you order for more than 2 people. I now live near DC, and the McD's I go to has all Mexican's working there, you can barley understand what they are saying when they ask to take your order. I mean, I could order 20 quarter pounders, all with different crap on them, 6 1/2 nuggets with half the normal amount of breading, coke with 21 ice cubes, and an apple pie, but take out the apples and put in organic, pesticide-free mango from the northern region of Venezuala, and that $hit will be perfect and hot, and they will forget to charge you for half of it. I am impressed with them here, no lie, it's perfect everytime I go there. I actually told the manager that it was the BEST fast food service I've ever had, and I am NEVER nice to people.

I find it funny that the McDonald's (all of them) back home in Indiana have American high school kids working there and you order just a cheeseburger meal and it is f'd up somehow, forget about anything being right if you order for more than 2 people. I now live near DC, and the McD's I go to has all Mexican's working there, you can barley understand what they are saying when they ask to take your order. I mean, I could order 20 quarter pounders, all with different crap on them, 6 1/2 nuggets with half the normal amount of breading, coke with 21 ice cubes, and an apple pie, but take out the apples and put in organic, pesticide-free mango from the northern region of Venezuala, and that $hit will be perfect and hot, and they will forget to charge you for half of it. I am impressed with them here, no lie, it's perfect everytime I go there. I actually told the manager that it was the BEST fast food service I've ever had, and I am NEVER nice to people.
Reminds me of this one Taco Bell in town. It's all Mexicans and it's fast and everything has double the amount of meat and stuff than any other Taco Bell in the area. My favorite blow up moment was in a drive-thru at Taco Bell and I gave the kid one of those state quarters to pay for my food. It was just when they started making them and the kid thought I was trying to pass foreign currency. Thankfully after 10 minutes of arguing a manger came and gave me my food and all my money back and apologized for his idiot staff.
Reminds me of this one Taco Bell in town. It's all Mexicans and it's fast and everything has double the amount of meat and stuff than any other Taco Bell in the area. My favorite blow up moment was in a drive-thru at Taco Bell and I gave the kid one of those state quarters to pay for my food. It was just when they started making them and the kid thought I was trying to pass foreign currency. Thankfully after 10 minutes of arguing a manger came and gave me my food and all my money back and apologized for his idiot staff.
you value your time cheaply. or didn't have another quarter, in which case: you value your time appropriately.
you value your time cheaply. or didn't have another quarter, in which case: you value your time appropriately.
lol, i don't remember, most likely though I had many other quarters but I like to argue with customer service people. Did I ever tell the story about how I got the girl at Hollywood Video fired on the spot. That was fun.