"face The Ace" On Nbc Tonight

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those of you haters...How quickly you forget Celebrity Poker Showdown
At least CPS had people who were used to being on camera. Yes....the poker was horrible. But they were all there to have fun and it was entertaining.Wish I could say the same for Face the Ace. It was painful to watch. The pros have no stake in it, and when the highlight of the show is a 40 something basement dweller hitting on a model........ ugh.BTW...... If the host pinched my cheek..... I would have dropped him like a one foot putt.
Dude, shes got man hands..
Wish I had the play to be so picky.
I'm watching now hoping that it was going to be so bad that it was entertaining. It's been just bad.
I didn't mind it, but it will not last with this type of blind structure and the quality of players they are choosing.
I've never seen Vanessa Selbst so chipper and chatty before.
lol.I can't see this show lasting to long. Is is just me or was the conversation between the pros and the amatures kinda awkward
Dude, shes got man hands..
Glad I wasn't the only one who noticed.. I bet she palms dinner rolls on first dates.
I've never seen Vanessa Selbst so chipper and chatty before.
lolololololol! Would have been a 10/10 if the nurse made a pass at Gus after the match.
lol.I can't see this show lasting to long. Is is just me or was the conversation between the pros and the amatures kinda awkward
I think the show will last it's fair share of time. I mean simply, there's not a whole lot in the board room to replace it with anyways. If NBC just admitted it was a "summer show" it could run for 20 years without anyone blinking an eye.

Oh and the second you saw Gavin, you could have turned off the cameras.. not a single person with a pulse could ever think Gavin was going to lose 125BBs deep against that mouth-breather.How could you, knowing you sucked at poker turn down a free $200k to walk away?How could you, knowing you were *good* at poker, turn down a free $200k to walk away?Part of the reason I could never watch Deal or no Deal. I spent 4 years in college cracking-out on stats and game theory. I hate people without a even a marginal grasp of either.

Oh and the second you saw Gavin, you could have turned off the cameras.. not a single person with a pulse could ever think Gavin was going to lose 125BBs deep against that mouth-breather.How could you, knowing you sucked at poker turn down a free $200k to walk away?How could you, knowing you were *good* at poker, turn down a free $200k to walk away?Part of the reason I could never watch Deal or no Deal. I spent 4 years in college cracking-out on stats and game theory. I hate people without a even a marginal grasp of either.
I'm pretty sure you are looking too much at the $200K.... What if it is risking $2 for $10?? If you really think you are worse than 4-1 to win a heads up match against anybody, you should probably give up poker, game theory and life. Maybe if you bring in factors such as his living situation it skews to taking $200K, but that also takes it outside of game theory.I do find your last little bit about hating people funny, considering he made the 100% theoretically correct choice. Self-deprecate much?

Yea stupid people, taking 5-1 to play a HU match where after like 40 min theres 50 bb's in play. they are going to play deepstacks for at LEAST 20 mins maybe even 30!do they not understand math???Part of the reason I could never watch Deal or no Deal. I spent 4 years in college cracking-out on stats and game theory. I hate people without a even a marginal grasp of either.Are you leveling us here?? Do you honestly believe this guy was worse than 5-1 to win? Are you using terms like "How could you, knowing you were *good* at poker, turn down a free $200k to walk away?" and then getting into shit about stats and game theory? WTF is going on? Where did you go to school? Demand your money back.

Yea stupid people, taking 5-1 to play a HU match where after like 40 min theres 50 bb's in play. they are going to play deepstacks for at LEAST 20 mins maybe even 30!do they not understand math???
They may not understand math, but they better understand the value of 200k. If nothing else, that gives you a freeroll to the wsop me for 20 years.On a side note, I heard that gavin was not on the list of aces given to the contestants. A decent lawyer may be able to make hay out of this.
They may not understand math, but they better understand the value of 200k. If nothing else, that gives you a freeroll to the wsop me for 20 years.On a side note, I heard that gavin was not on the list of aces given to the contestants. A decent lawyer may be able to make hay out of this.
You can argue how much 200k is worth to a person and I'd listen but from a strict math/stats/game theory point of view, quitting at any point is mindblowingly retarded, which is what cappy is arguing.
You can argue how much 200k is worth to a person and I'd listen but from a strict math/stats/game theory point of view, quitting at any point is mindblowingly retarded, which is what cappy is arguing.
Im not sure how much math comes into play in one shot deals. Even tho the "odds" would be in my favor, if someone handed me 200k then said I could flip a coin for 500k, or nothing, Id thank him for the 200k and walk.Now if I could flip it multiple times for aggregate, then yes.
Im not sure how much math comes into play in one shot deals. Even tho the "odds" would be in my favor, if someone handed me 200k then said I could flip a coin for 500k, or nothing, Id thank him for the 200k and walk.Now if I could flip it multiple times for aggregate, then yes.
We arent talking about how much the money is worth. We are talking about math and game theory. If you dont want to risk 200k that's fine but that's not the argument. Giving up the 200k and going for the million is +EV for 99% of the poker playing population.

Dudes best bet woulda been to go allin every hand and just hope. Just cause something is +ev doesnt make it the right choice always. If you are in a ME satty with 6 places getting seats and there are 7 remaining do you call 2 allins with AA , assuming equal stacks?

Dudes best bet woulda been to go allin every hand and just hope. Just cause something is +ev doesnt make it the right choice always. If you are in a ME satty with 6 places getting seats and there are 7 remaining do you call 2 allins with AA , assuming equal stacks?
ummm it depends on a lot of factors and it would still be an ev based decision. if the all in and the call are the same stack then its an insta fold bc barring a chop im guaranteed a seat so my ev in folding is prob like 95% of the seat value. the "right choice" is the choice with the highest EV in it.I'm done going back and forth because you clearly dont even know what we are talking about at this point
That is the dumbest example you ever could have come up with. If two people are all in with equal stacks, one of them is going to lose unless it is a split pot, thus it is -EV to the infinity power to call with AA.Horrible example. Why don't you sit this next one out, stop talking for a while.

Just cause something is +ev doesnt make it the right choice always.Please to be giving me an example of a play that is +ev but is not the "right choice" from a game theory point of view.