Beer Summit?

i thought it was a joke at first.just looked at the pictures...1. Obv a variety of draft beers? (i doubt it) on the table2. No one but the Cop has taken much of a sip3. More than one pic of a waiter bringing more beer (not to the cop)4. The Irish cop from Boston is NOT drinking Guinness! (wtf!?)a teaching moment? lmaothis wasnt a race issue until the prof and Obama made it one...if this is a "teaching moment"...here is the lesson imo....When a police officer asks you for your ID.......YOU SHOW IT TO HIMsigh...too bad there arent more important things going on in the country/world or this wouldve been a pretty slow newsday!

HA! the 2 pics of the waiter bringing a beer to Biden are like 1 second apart!also...if this is just "a few guy havin a beer together" as was said...then why are Obama and Biden all comfy with their rolled up sleeves and their feet migrating on the table and then Gates and Crowley with suitcoats on and feet on the floor? obv its supposed to be very casual...wouldnt Obama invite them to get comfortable?

also...if this is just "a few guy havin a beer together" as was said...
Yes, chrozzo. It was really supposed to be just that. A few guys having a beer together. That's exactly what they were hoping that everyone would believe. Because they really think we're that stupid.See, the way this works is that they know that we know that it's not just a few guys having a beer. But we know that they know that we know, so it doesn't actually have to be mentioned. And obviously Crowley is the only one that's been drunk off of beer in the past 20 years. Obama's too smooth to get drunk, Gates is too much of a douche to get drunk, and Biden only gets drunk off of whiskey that also somehow polishes his teeth as it passes through his lips.I wish this story would just go away. Once everyone noticed that even Al Sharpton wasn't going to get involved it should have been "black guy was 100% wrong, end of story."
i thought it was a joke at first.just looked at the pictures...1. Obv a variety of draft beers? (i doubt it) on the table2. No one but the Cop has taken much of a sip3. More than one pic of a waiter bringing more beer (not to the cop)4. The Irish cop from Boston is NOT drinking Guinness! (wtf!?)a teaching moment? lmaothis wasnt a race issue until the prof and Obama made it one...if this is a "teaching moment"...here is the lesson imo....When a police officer asks you for your ID.......YOU SHOW IT TO HIMsigh...too bad there arent more important things going on in the country/world or this wouldve been a pretty slow newsday!
I 'spose you would have preferred Obama and Gates to drink "purple drank" as well.
...wouldnt Obama invite them to get comfortable?
No, quite the contrary. In fact, it was Obama's goal to make them as uncomfortable as possible. To this end, their beer was served slightly warm, and their chairs legs were shaven down so as to be slightly uneven. Reportedly when Gates began to take his suit jacket off Obama smiled at him and said "I think you'll want to be leaving that on." Then he turned to Biden and let out a maniacal laugh.
I 'spose you would have preferred Obama and Gates to drink "purple drank" as well.
I would have thrown my full heartfelt support behind the Obama administration if they had done this.
I would have thrown my full heartfelt support behind the Obama administration if they had done this.
The cop did mention that next time him and that dude get together, they'll probably have kool-aid or tea.
The cop did mention that next time him and that dude get together, they'll probably have kool-aid or tea.
He should offer to make banana dacquiris.

They were both wrong. The professor saw an opportunity to yell racial discrimination, and the police officer got his feelings hurt and decided to do some arresting. Arguing with a cop is not a crime.

They were both wrong. The professor saw an opportunity to yell racial discrimination, and the police officer got his feelings hurt and decided to do some arresting. Arguing with a cop is not a crime.
Refusing to cooperate with a cop is.
HA! the 2 pics of the waiter bringing a beer to Biden are like 1 second apart!also...if this is just "a few guy havin a beer together" as was said...then why are Obama and Biden all comfy with their rolled up sleeves and their feet migrating on the table and then Gates and Crowley with suitcoats on and feet on the floor? obv its supposed to be very casual...wouldnt Obama invite them to get comfortable?
Crowley is a lifelong public servent, Gates is a heavy duty scholar and intellectual. They probably kept their coats on because they were at the White House. Regardless of personal political affliation, I would imagine both men have a great respect for the office.I was deeply unimpressed with beer selections, and the lack of jalapeno poppers.

what?!?! NO BEER NUTS? :club:

So, what's this? Black man complains about (what appears to be) a relatively minor disagreement with a cop, and gets rewarded with a beer at the White House.Interesting precedent.

Refusing to cooperate with a cop is.
The cop knew it was his house when he arrested him, so he brought him in out of spite. And that's lame.

interestingly... the cop only chose to arrest mr gates AFTER he had adequately proven his identity. This seemed that :1.. the cop created a situation where none existed prior (break in report rendered moot when gates proved he was who was legally: the resident / owner of the address...) 2.. Gates had every right to be indignant... his only issue was a bad choice of words in voicing his displeasure3.. even though a black man is president.. the US still has a loooong way to come in Race Relations (me, i think Obama has a decent enough vision regardless of his skin colour)but i think, in the end, NWA was right F**k Da Po- lice :club:

The cop knew it was his house when he arrested him, so he brought him in out of spite. And that's lame.
There's thousands of incidents every day where there's wrongful arrests (and the opposite, where people who should get arrested do not), arguments, personality clashes etc between cops and the public. Whether it's white on white, black on black, black on white, blacks on blondes.. wait, forget that one. But this isn't new.If you take race out of it, which you should because it had sod all to do with it, then Obama has acted like a little kid here, not like the President of the United States. Not only has he jumped in without knowing the facts to defend his friend against his own police, but he then jumped to the conclusion that it was all race motivated. What the hell was he thinking?That's the kind of thing I'd do, if I was President. Say, if my dad got a speeding ticket, I'd jump in and just say 'Hey! you! Officer, over here now... I'm the President! You must be wrong because he's my dad. No, no.. I don't wanna hear about the facts, you're wrong. And I'm President. And I'm gonna tell everyone about it too, so there.'But that's exactly why I would never become President. Well, that and the fact I'm not American.