Hello. I am curious how the people who have not deposited in a long time (over a year) have managed to do so. Did you hit big after the deposit or did you grind it up? When you were close to going busto, how did you change your game selection or how you played. Also, please post when your last deposit was. Thanks!

Trick is, whenever you start losing any cash, to move up to a high enough limit that you can make it back quickly.If you follow this, you shouldn't need to deposit again.

Trick is, whenever you start losing any cash, to move up to a high enough limit that you can make it back quickly.If you follow this, you shouldn't need to deposit again.
heh, awesome.As for the OP, strongly consider either mixed games or LHE/LO8. if you are solid in any of that you can basically print money all the way up through .5/1 without much difficulty.My last deposit was my original $40 a couple years back. Amazing i never busted considering I started with the (ugh) $1+20 STTs and 45 man tourneys.

I have not deposited since pokerstars and the old FCP poker room merged. I had nothing in my Pokerstars account and less then $10 in my FCP account. I played and still play a variety of non-holdem limit games at the lowest limits to build up the roll. That for me is the easiest way to ensure not going bust. Those games are the softest on the net.I play simply for entertainment, so I am not tempted to go outside of my roll. If get real low I play an FPP satty and unregister for T-chips.The easiest money is a 1 table 2-7 triple draw sit n go with a $1 to $5 buy in. 2 to 3 players will be playing the wrong game. One will simply quit after showing a full house and going crazy with it. You will maybe have one or two other players at the table that know how to play.

jul25gal34-wtf-kind-of-temple.jpg

Okay i'll give a serious reply and write out my poker story. I depo'ed $100 on pokerroom about 6 years ago and have never deposited another cent.Early on it was a good combination of luck and really really bad players being around. Started with $5 SnG's and grinded that up, occasionally taking shots at $10 SnG's and a few $5/$10 multi's. Eventually I won a $10 multi on pokerroom for ~$550. Started playing more $10 SnG's/Multi's and the occasional $20 multi. Won a $20 multi for $1000+ and placed 3rd out of 2-3000 people in the pokerroom "Lucky Dollar" for several hundred.With a roll of a couple thousand I think I started playing .50-1 NL while still playing a lot of multi's and doing rather well.Crushed Party Poker often in cash games. They would offer $25/$50 sometimes even $75 in free money to "come back". All you had to do was earn X points to wirthdraw. I'd grind that up to a couple hundo, withdraw, not login for a month or 2, and inevitably they'd send me more money to come back. DAMN those were good times.Continued grinding party and pokerroom. Moved up to $1/2NL and $2/4 NL. Continued success on FCP network. Then Americans got kicked out of Party/Pokerroom & FCP network shut down. All my mobneys got transferred to stars. By that point I had withdrawn 5 figures in winnings and had a pretty significant roll online.Stars did not treat me well early on. I had taken a break from poker, cash games evolved, I was no longer keeping up with SH 1/2 and 2/4 NL games. Ultimately I withdraw a lot and lost a lot of what I had left but kept a couple thousand online. I switched to smaller stakes and began playing more PLO, O8, HORSE/8-game etc and have been beating those games quite solidly (but at lower limits).And thats where I am now. I have the roll to play .50-1 or 1/2 NL hold em, but choose to stick more to tourneys and PLO/O8/8game/HORSE type stuff because I can beat those easier.

been playing a $90 deposit from Zach last year.Had it up to $600, now it's at $50Playing 8 game low levels, triple draw low limits, Horse low limits and $5- $10 double or nothing SnGs whenever the roll needs to be bumped up a bit

been playing a $90 deposit from Zach last year.Had it up to $600, now it's at $50Playing 8 game low levels, triple draw low limits, Horse low limits and $5- $10 double or nothing SnGs whenever the roll needs to be bumped up a bit
Oh, and playing on BG's heads up team in the old FCP HU league taught me everything I ever learned about poker. Go Cigar Lovers!
heh, awesome.As for the OP, strongly consider either mixed games or LHE/LO8. if you are solid in any of that you can basically print money all the way up through .5/1 without much difficulty.My last deposit was my original $40 a couple years back. Amazing i never busted considering I started with the (ugh) $1+20 STTs and 45 man tourneys.
he's right about the mixed games. OP, play .50/1 horse with me on stars. I'm a donk and can make sure you never have to deposit again.
Why didn't you just send me the $600 while you had it. It would have saved you some time

I deposited $10 last summer and played with horrible br management and went near busto a few times but always came back somehow even though i sucked. finally i made a few decent scores and i havent had to deposit sincei dont know how that post will even help you at all, but i felt like telling my story anyway

Why didn't you just send me the $600 while you had it. It would have saved you some time
I ever get it back to $600 you remind me and I'll ship you half of it

50 dollar deposit last year, started with 5 dollar stt. Now mostly 10 dollar, 20 every now and then but mostly mtt, heads ups, and heads up shootouts. I throw in a stt every now and then. Mostly NLHE but I try limit sometimes. Got up to 1800 and just took out 400 to give poker vt a try.

Play within your roll and at all times and they only way you can possibly go busto is if you cant beat .01/.02 or $1 sit and gos. Its a very simple concept. It just takes discipline. You HAVE TO FORCE YOURSELF TO MOVE DOWN WHEN YOUR BANKROLL CALLS FOR IT.

Play within your roll and at all times and they only way you can possibly go busto is if you cant beat .01/.02 or $1 sit and gos. Its a very simple concept. It just takes discipline. You HAVE TO FORCE YOURSELF TO MOVE DOWN WHEN YOUR BANKROLL CALLS FOR IT.
Possibly the hardest part of poker.

First identify the game and limit that is basically money in the bank for you. Where if you ever have to back on the grind you are comfortable of rebuilding from there. That is your safety zone. Then as your roll increases you can take the odd shot at a higher buy in or a new game all together but once you drop back to the safety zone either by withdrawal or a shitty run you go back to grinding your money game. I use my fpps exclusively for shots at tourneys I wouldnt otherwise play. My last deposit was in March 2006 I have made several withdrawals and have had horrid runs where I have dropped back into my safety zone 3 or 4 times since then. In my case I know I can grind $11 stt sng for a decent winrate and will grind them when I get down to 60 buyins for that level. But when I get say $1500+ in my roll I will play a few $33 mtt even the odd $55mtt and Sunday Million satty. I believe these shots are necessary to keep my sanity.

Possibly the hardest part of poker.
Agreed...I usually try to force myself to move up.Of course, I went busto 4-5 times before I started being semi-intelligent and trying to stay within my means.
Agreed...I usually try to force myself to move up.Of course, I went busto 4-5 times before I started being semi-intelligent and trying to stay within my means.
you forgot being a stake whore.