Wsop Poy Jeff Lisandro

5 minutes ago | Posted by FerricRamsiumPlayer of the Year: Who Else?A boisterous ovation just erupted from the featured table, and we could see Jeff Lisandro standing up and shaking hands with Commissioner Jeffrey Pollack as some quick words were exchanged. The rest of the featured table stood to shake Lisandro's hand as well as the roaring applause continued. A moment later, Media Director Nolan Dalla confirmed our suspicions over the PA system.Jeff Lisandro has just locked up Player of the Year honors for 2009! It was a remarkable and historic Series for Lisandro, picking up three bracelets over the course of the seven weeks. And he's still in the running for number four, we might add. What's even more remarkable is how he did it, absolutely running over three final tables to win the Stud Triple Crown -- one bracelet in each of Stud, Stud Hi/Lo, and Razz.Congratulations to Jeff Lisandro for his amazing run and on capturing one of the most significant titles here at the WSOP, Player of the Year!no surprise, well deserved this year.

I dig his game and his attitude. I thought the fact that he finished ahead of that POS Prahlad Friedman in the 2006 ME was karmic justice. Hope he can nab #4 and a pro can win the ME again.*L*T*

Wow, I missed those FT's as I was assuming t soprano had it locked. Apparently not.There were a lot of sick runs this year, well done Lisandro. Guess he concentrated more on playing correctly instead of worrying about missing ante chips this year.

i played a pretty sick hand with him. i'm the SB, he's directly on my left. playing 6max LHE. UTG+2 limps, i complete 35o in the SB, he checks his option. Flop KJ9, it checks through. turn: 3, i check he bets she folds, i call. river: 7, i check/call.he just mucked.