Follow-up On "running Bad"....a Discussion On Personalities

I'm obviously speaking on the "whole", because I don't know any of you personally. In fact in my near 30 years of life, I've made it a point to never really embrace online friendship, etc. Just seems weird to me. But to each their own, of course. That being said, Tehtoe's response that concluded the prior thread of "the way I am on FCP is not the way I am in real life...people can attest to that" is an interesting point.I don't know if that's really an allowable statement, unless you are wholly indifferent about your online persona. Like in my case, I really don't put any stock in E-identity, so I may post a bunch and perhaps subconciously create my own online identity, but it will pretty much fly under the radar because it's more of an empty shell. When I say "fly under the radar" I mean that no one's really gonna have a overly good or bad feeling about me, because I'm just kinda "around".In the few forum boards I've been on in my life, there's always those people who use their E-identity to become this juxtaposed individual that gets to be loud, authoritative, abrasive, or any other "dominant" traits that the person would never do in real life, but overcompensates for online through their shroud of anonymity. This has nothing to do with Tehtoe, because like everyone else, I don't know him either....he actually seems fine from the little I've seen.In my months here, all I've seen is the talk of "how the FCP board used to be". I signed up for a forum board that can help me with poker and randomly talk to people with a similar hobby interest as me. That doesn't seem to have changed in this short time. I'm pretty sure satire like Tehtoe's "stop sucking" is part of what the "old FCP used to be"....full of humor and fun, etc. So this creates a very conflicting set of ideals by FCP participants.I think the only "problem" the board has are the d-bags who pop up every so often and just spew sarcasm and hate, in nearly every post. They are the ones I speak of above. If you want a "better" FCP Poto and others, IMO, don't berate playful sarcasm, and just ignore those that you think are of the d-bag posting variety (because they actually get off on when people provide them with attention, for better or worse).Just 2 cents worth from a new-ish guy that really doesn't care but has a free minute.

I'm obviously speaking on the "whole", because I don't know any of you personally. In fact in my near 30 years of life, I've made it a point to never really embrace online friendship, etc. Just seems weird to me. But to each their own, of course. That being said, Tehtoe's response that concluded the prior thread of "the way I am on FCP is not the way I am in real life...people can attest to that" is an interesting point.I don't know if that's really an allowable statement, unless you are wholly indifferent about your online persona. Like in my case, I really don't put any stock in E-identity, so I may post a bunch and perhaps subconciously create my own online identity, but it will pretty much fly under the radar because it's more of an empty shell. When I say "fly under the radar" I mean that no one's really gonna have a overly good or bad feeling about me, because I'm just kinda "around".In the few forum boards I've been on in my life, there's always those people who use their E-identity to become this juxtaposed individual that gets to be loud, authoritative, abrasive, or any other "dominant" traits that the person would never do in real life, but overcompensates for online through their shroud of anonymity. This has nothing to do with Tehtoe, because like everyone else, I don't know him either....he actually seems fine from the little I've seen.In my months here, all I've seen is the talk of "how the FCP board used to be". I signed up for a forum board that can help me with poker and randomly talk to people with a similar hobby interest as me. That doesn't seem to have changed in this short time. I'm pretty sure satire like Tehtoe's "stop sucking" is part of what the "old FCP used to be"....full of humor and fun, etc. So this creates a very conflicting set of ideals by FCP participants.I think the only "problem" the board has are the d-bags who pop up every so often and just spew sarcasm and hate, in nearly every post. They are the ones I speak of above. If you want a "better" FCP Poto and others, IMO, don't berate playful sarcasm, and just ignore those that you think are of the d-bag posting variety (because they actually get off on when people provide them with attention, for better or worse).Just 2 cents worth from a new-ish guy that really doesn't care but has a free minute.
I like how you said this has nothing to do with Tehtoe and you than quoted him, leaving out any other instance of the problem.The internet is a rough place to wander, and I'd hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you will be pretty hard pressed to find any other internet community that acts any different.You have the Alpha DogsThe Douche BagsThe ComplainersThe VeteransThe NewbiesThe FlamersEct..ect..The area in which I bolded is the reason why no one will accept your 2 cents.
Stop sucking.
^^^^
I need some ClayAiken. He is the perfect person to respond to this thread.
Oh, he also left the forum and went to 4BB.

Easiest thing I can say is you have to remember who we are all dealing with.1. Poker players-Sometimes referred to as the most unhappy people on earth2. 14 year olds posing as 19 year olds3. 50 year olds posing as 19year oldsAs a side note to make u feel better about running bad come play PLO with me. I run reeealy bad. As well as play bad.