2009 Wsop Event 8 - $2,500 No Limit Deuce To Seven Draw

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Matusow vs Hellmuth Aciton folded to Mike "The Mouth" Matusow in the small blind and he raised to 2,400. Phil Hellmuth called out of the big blind. "I'm just testing the waters," announced Matusow. Matusow then drew three cards while Hellmuth drew one. Both players checked after the draw and Matusow revealed and said, "You gotta play the nuts around here." Hellmuth studied his hand for a minute and then showed before mucking his cards. Round one to Matusow.I wish this were televised. I would love to see those 2 go at it.

Raphael Zimmerman raised to 3,500 from under the gun. Action folded over to Phil Hellmuth in the big blind and he moved all in for 18,500. Zimmerman made the call. Both players then drew one card.Zimmerman showed {8} {6} {5} {3} and drew a {7}. Hellmuth showed {9} {8} {5} {3} and knew he was drawing dead. His draw card was a {10}. Hellmuth jerked himself up from his seat while the massage therapist was quick to get out of the way so she wouldn't get knocked over. Hellmuth stood and stared at the middle of the table for a minute before Tony G looked over."What! What happened? Did you bust, Phil?" said Tony. "Oh no, take a picture, quick""I don't want to hear it, Tony." Phil said. "You can stop trying to get attention, there's no press around, Tony." He went on to say, "I just bubbled, I don't want to hear it right now."Tony G stood up and walked over by Phil's table, "No, the good news is you didn't bubble, I'm going to bubble. If you wait, you'll see it, and we can hold hands and walk out together."Phil tossed his jacket on and collected his belongings before exiting the room, finishing just two spots off the money.[\quote]Moral of the story.....TONY G IS A DOUCHEBAG.
From the pokernews updates.Two more players showed up and you just might know who they are. Phil Hellmuth is now seated over at Marco Traniello's table and Phil Ivey is sitting with Gavin Smith and Daniel Negreanu. Ivey sat down, got his first hand, looked at his cards, and then asked "What game is this?" The table laughed while the dealer informed Ivey of the game. Ivey then looked at his chips and was very surprised. "Where'd all my chips go?!?!" he questioned. The dealer then had to explain how the triple chance worked and how you have two optional add-ons. "I wanna rebuy." said Ivey. "You can't until after the hand." replied the dealer. "Gosh, how disruptive are you to a game!" exclaimed Gavin Smith. Ivey then raised and took the pot.
Iveys 4th in chips with 13 left.
lol negreanu's got 70k
wrong event imo (i think ur talking about the 2500 plh/plo?)FT is setJohn Monnette 259000 Raphael Zimmerman 238000 Yan Chen 159000 Elia Ahmadian 136900 Eric Kesselman 119400 Phil Ivey 106300 Rodeen Talebi 94500
wrong event imo (i think ur talking about the 2500 plh/plo?)FT is setJohn Monnette 259000 Raphael Zimmerman 238000 Yan Chen 159000 Elia Ahmadian 136900 Eric Kesselman 119400 Phil Ivey 106300 Rodeen Talebi 94500
yeh wrong thread

I love the Ivey story!Vanessa Rousso cashed (albeit minimum) in this and the 40k... I'm kind of impressed with her thusfar in the series as these two events are more of the "pro-packed" events, and she won the high roller EPT event

Eight-Five for PhilRaphael Zimmerman raised to 10,000 and Rodeen Talebi called from the button. Ivey called as well from the big blind. Ivey drew two, Zimmerman drew two, and Talebi drew one.Ivey then led for 20,000 after receiving his draw card. Zimmerman made the call. Talebi folded. Ivey scooped the pot with after Zimmerman mucked.And the comeback begins?

Ivey is getting crushed... down to 65k leaders are over 200k6/6
Ivey just got back up to 105k then doubled up he has over 200k now
Ivey is getting crushed... down to 65k leaders are over 200k6/6
He just doubled to close to 210k. He raised to 12k and the player in seat 1 shoved. Phil called. They both drew one.Phil showed 7-6-3-2Seat one showed 9-x-x-xPhil drew a 8. Seat 1 mucked. Phil says he threw a J. If he stood pat the 8 goes to seat one(which would not have paired him) and Phil would be gone.

By my uneducated account Ivey should have around 400k, don't know exactly what it is since none of the other sites have that updated.

DN better get that 200k ready.do you think these guys ever pay up on all these bracelet bets?
Who knows? They make so many prop bets with each other they must have trouble keeping up with them.