Facing A River Shove After A Meh Turn.

$13 6max Sng. The reason i almost minraised the flop was that i took this exact line with this guy 3 hands before. Bet 410 on turn, and shoved river, then showed my bluff :)Is this a made flush or a buff?Thanks in advance.Poker Stars $12+$1 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t15/t30 Blinds - 5 playersThe Official 2+2 Hand Converter Powered By DeucesCracked.comUTG: t1955 M = 43.44CO: t2260 M = 50.22Hero (BTN): t1745 M = 38.78SB: t2240 M = 49.78BB: t800 M = 17.78Pre Flop: (t45) Hero is BTN with A:club: T:club:2 folds, Hero raises to t100, SB calls t85, 1 foldFlop: (t230) 7:diamond: A:heart: J:diamond: (2 players)SB bets t90, Hero raises to t220, SB calls t130Turn: (t670) 2:club: (2 players)SB checks, Hero bets t410, SB calls t410River: (t1490) T:diamond: (2 players)SB bets t1510 all inHero??

I dont really care about the hand 3 hands prior, your bet sizes are terrible. If anything it makes you look strong. Most people don't do the exact same thing when they bluff twice in a row. Odds are villain realized you were pretty strong, but since you gave him decent odds, and pretty good implied odds he called, spiked the river, and got you to spew off here.Post in the strat forum btw

I would raise much bigger on flop. Maybe to like T350, I think when you raise to t220 not only do you give him great odds but your hand also looks very strong. Still i would call the river. He can be shoving with two pair, flush or made hand turned into bluff. I dont exactly love the situation, but still it seems like a must call.

I dont really care about the hand 3 hands prior, your bet sizes are terrible. If anything it makes you look strong. Most people don't do the exact same thing when they bluff twice in a row. Odds are villain realized you were pretty strong, but since you gave him decent odds, and pretty good implied odds he called, spiked the river, and got you to spew off here.Post in the strat forum btw
Bout the bolded - can i move it myself?And the rest, i find, and this is over quite a lot of play at these games, that bluffing a guy 2 times works an awful lot of the time.But, what would you do here, given his shove?
Bout the bolded - can i move it myself?And the rest, i find, and this is over quite a lot of play at these games, that bluffing a guy 2 times works an awful lot of the time.But, what would you do here, given his shove?
No, a mod will, just letting you know for next time.
lol at first 2 responses... his bet sizing is fine. Doubt you can fold river with 2 PURRS.
raising 130 into a 540 pot is fine bet sizing with 84 draws on the flop? do explain.
No, a mod will, just letting you know for next time.raising 130 into a 540 pot is fine bet sizing with 84 draws on the flop? do explain.
The pot is 320 after the first bet.

He should still raise a bit more. If not for any other reason than making sure he gets all the money into the pot when he feels like it. Now if his opponent had checked on river I doubt he would have shoved in.

I really doubt a flush is shoving the river there for value, and I don't think a set would be check-calling the turn on an A high/flush draw board knowing that an A will give money and a flush draw will also pay. I'm not folding the river ever.The only thing meh i find is the preflop raise amount. There's no need to go higher than 90 imo.

Thanks for all your responses so far. Im really intrigued to hear all your opinionsFor all those who say my bet sizing was wrong, was my reasons stated not good enough?But how much would you bet on flop? and turn?And how many of you would call this river push?!

The pot is 320 after the first bet.
bleh, we're both wrong.230 pot + 90 bet + 90 call(before to raise)....no?that makes the pot 410 when OP raises. Even if it was only 320, an additional is still to small given the draw heavy board. The turn bet is fine, actually. I guess I misread that, I thought you were giving him like 3-1....me are dumb
bleh, we're both wrong.230 pot + 90 bet + 90 call(before to raise)....no?that makes the pot 410 when OP raises. Even if it was only 320, an additional is still to small given the draw heavy board. The turn bet is fine, actually. I guess I misread that, I thought you were giving him like 3-1....me are dumb
well he is getting roughly 2.6:1 to call, and even it were 3 to 1 to call, flush draw alone doesnt make it worth the odds. pair and flush draw maybe. my guess is he had A X diamonds, and youuuu called... amiright?
well he is getting roughly 2.6:1 to call, and even it were 3 to 1 to call, flush draw alone doesnt make it worth the odds. pair and flush draw maybe. my guess is he had A X diamonds, and youuuu called... amiright?
Wouldn't Axdd want to get it in on the floop?
Partly. I called, but he didnt show AdXd. Any other guesses as to what he has?
Wouldn't Axdd want to get it in on the floop?
Ye, thats what i thought, surely he would 3bet me on the flop. Then again, i have seen some strange play at this level.By the way, i was playing the $25 6max SnG's last night, and the play is exactly the same. Any of you guys play $38, or $60 SnG's on Stars? How is the play generally?

[x] OP with low post count posts a strat hand in General[x] People critisize bet sizing[x] vtlaxer says bet sizing is fine[x] others say bet sizing is now fine[x] there would have been more people critisizing bet sizing if vtlaxer had not posted[x] use of passe, dare I say 'retro' checkboxes

[x] OP with low post count posts a strat hand in General[x] People critisize bet sizing[x] vtlaxer says bet sizing is fine[x] others say bet sizing is now fine[x] there would have been more people critisizing bet sizing if vtlaxer had not posted[x] use of passe, dare I say 'retro' checkboxes
I dont get what your trying to say here dude.?As for the hand in question, no-one has guessed it right yet. When will i post the results?
I dont get what your trying to say here dude.?
Well, Mongoose, I guess it was more a reflection of the banality of internet forum hierarchy, rather than an attempt to actually 'say' anything.