I have an HD feed on directv; maybe it's a regional thing?
probably a provider thing. It is offered on our Comcast in miami but only in non-HD format. You also have to get it as part of a premium sports package (I get NFL network, NBAtv, MLB network, and Fox Soccer Channel for an extra 5.95 per month....worth it).Only NFL network is offered in HD though of those four channels.

The in studio shows they do that amount to like a 6 hour Baseball Tonight are great; lots of analysis and no east coast bias that you get on ESPN. As a Dodgers fan I don't have much room to complain because they do get a fair deal of coverage themselves (thanks to Manny), but I can imagine fans of the smaller market teams are really eating up all the coverage MLB network gives them.

I really need to look into this since MLB's radio channel on XM has gone down the shitter since the Sirius merger. They have nerfed the programming, and let go the 2 people who made the made the most sense when it came to baseball...Mark Patrick and Charley Steiner. A few other talk show hosts were let go, Ronnie Lane & Chuck Wilson, but they didn't interest me all that much anyway. They also ditched "Fantasy Focus" which was a gem of a show when it came to fantasy baseball talk.The broke up Kevin Kennedy and Rob Dibble by placing them on separate shows, and I firmly believe that Seth Everett is the biggest dumbass they could have hired. Another gripe is that they completely got rid of prime time and weekend talk shows instead going with live games on the talk channel. Now XM already had channels 176-189 set aside exclusively for live play-by-play. That's 14 channels which means 14 games (28 teams) can be broadcast at once. Since there has never been a time when all 30 teams have been in action at the same time there is no reason to broadcast games on the 15th channel (the talk channel). There have been times where none of the games being played at a certain time have interested me, so I would find solace in the talk channel. However, they now choose to place another game on the talk channel instead of allowing another talk show to go on.XM 175, known as "MLB Home Plate", was my bastion of baseball talk since ESPN has their head so far up the asses of the Yankees & Red Sox that they can see out of their mouths, and Fox Sports is way too hung up on football. However, they have watered down the baseball talk on XM 175 that I am seriously considering canceling my account.