Nba Playoffs Thread

I'm pretty sure all I've heard about Lebron the last 6 years and even before that was that he was the most impressive physical specimen to ever play the game, yet he was getting tired why other people weren't. It's my way of ripping on the hype that surrounds the guy. I'm sure they will blame the coach for it though.And sorry, I don't buy bailing out the guy for stepping on the defenders leg with .5 seconds left. If he wasn't trying to run the guy over it wouldn't have happened.
lol i hate lebron, apparantly not as much as you, but you cant just blame the refs for everything. they get it right sometimes too. if you're gonna rag on them for getting it wrong then you cant rag on them for getting it right.
  • Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol i hate lebron, apparantly not as much as you, but you cant just blame the refs for everything. they get it right sometimes too. if you're gonna rag on them for getting it wrong then you cant rag on them for getting it right.
I don't hate Lebron, just the silly hype around him.I do hate the officiating I've seen in the playoffs in general.I just don't see how you can call that foul when the defender right with Lebron, planted his foot first, and then Lebron tried to cut into him stepping on his leg and running him over. What is the point of playing defense if the player with the ball is allowed to just run you over at any point and always come out ahead.The only reason I think the no call against Howard is bad is because of the call on the other end. if your going to give a star call to him, you have to give it to Howard too.
I'm pretty sure all I've heard about Lebron the last 6 years and even before that was that he was the most impressive physical specimen to ever play the game, yet he was getting tired why other people weren't.
Not to get in the middle of your and Keith's slap fest, but this is just absurd. Sure he was getting tired, you would to if you were the only offensive weapon on the team. The Jordan comparison is an easy one, go back to the 87-88 bulls, Jordan was 60% of their offense and he got tired too in this situation. I blame Mike Brown. There were no plays called, from about 7 minutes to go in the 4th, they handled Lebron the ball at the top of the Key and let him drive. That would wear anyone out. Hell they weren't even really setting screens for him.Alos, I am on board with Big D, I want Orlando to win it all now.
I blame Mike Brown.
And there it is.Actually they did run some plays. They posted West, then posted Lebron and got back to back easy buckets with like 3 minutes left to go. Also did anyone else notice toward the end of the game one of the assistant coaches drawing up the plays while Mike Brown just did commentary in the huddle.
I kind of want orlando to win it all now, if just to shut all this "experts" up who say a perimeter team can't win a championship, and bag on Stan Van Gundy for basically being ugly. I love Stan Van, I think he's one of the most open and honest coaches around ( most coaches talk 100 percent in coach speak) and he's a much better coach than the people brutalizing him on TV would lead you to believe.
I think the "master of panic" label looks ridiculous now which is great. Shaq is a funny dude and I get his popularity.....but, to be honest, he is a huge prick. Whenever he leaves a town, he leaves with zero class. And how great can he be if he has played for 4 different teams. I am glad to see SVG get his due.That said, every game in this series is close and I expect Cleveland to win Game 5 with relative ease. Game 6 should be a classic. The block on Pietrus was absolutely the right call. There was obvious contact. Lebron beat him to the spot. So was the non-call on Varejao. Yes, maybe Lebron gets that call (who can know that?).....but it was not a foul. Varejao just stood there while Howard grabbed his arm. All in all, I thought the refs did a very decent job in Game 4. Orlando has simply been better than Cleveland so far (though Games 1 and 4 could have easily gone the other way.....Game 2 as well). Finally, at the end of Game 4, Mike Brown went small (gibson, Mo, West, Bron, Varejao). That's their money lineup this series. Let West harass Turkoglu and stick Lebron on Lewis (since no one else on the Cavs can guard him at all).Putting Ben Wallace on Rashard Lewis for that possession near the end of regulation was just retarded. Mike Brown's reputation as a coach has rightfully gone up this year.....but that one decision knocked him right back down to "just ok" in my eyes. Terrible decision and it cost them.
Lebron beat him to the spot.
No he didn't, that's why he stepped on him. If Lebron was there first, Lebron wouldn't have tripped. And Vlade Jr. did a whole lot more than get grabbed, he was undercutting Howard while Howard was in the air.

Not to steer this thread off in a complete tangent, but what is up with NBA head coaches these days? Half of them suck.The Kings are looking right now, and Eddie Jordan is the front runner. WTF is that? Mike Brown and Doc Rivers coaching two of the best teams in the league. I just don't get it.

Not to steer this thread off in a complete tangent, but what is up with NBA head coaches these days? Half of them suck.The Kings are looking right now, and Eddie Jordan is the front runner. WTF is that? Mike Brown and Doc Rivers coaching two of the best teams in the league. I just don't get it.
Mike Brown is a pretty good defensive coach, he could use a Tex Winter type assistant to help out the offense though.
No he didn't, that's why he stepped on him. If Lebron was there first, Lebron wouldn't have tripped. And Vlade Jr. did a whole lot more than get grabbed, he was undercutting Howard while Howard was in the air.
please. no one agrees with you not even I fold. Lebron beat him badly....and tripped when Pietrus blocked him. If you step on a moving foot, that's a block. Pietrus was not even close to set.Vlade jr. (I like that nickname btw it fits) was undercutting him but was also being grabbed by Howard. The definition of a no-call in my book.

I never said he was set, they were both moving at an angle and Lebron cut into him intentionally running him over. It's a bullshit sissy move he pulled out to make the refs bail him out.It's the same as sticking out his off arm and pushing off.*EDIT* I've been trying to track down the replay of the above the court view where you can clearly see Lebron cut right into him, but all the replays I can find online are the side view.

I never said he was set, they were both moving at an angle and Lebron cut into him intentionally running him over. It's a bullshit sissy move he pulled out to make the refs bail him out.It's the same as sticking out his off arm and pushing off.*EDIT* I've been trying to track down the replay of the above the court view where you can clearly see Lebron cut right into him, but all the replays I can find online are the side view.
thats how they always call that, though. that's a veteran move. no different than MJ giving Russell that pushoff in 1998.edit: the NBA rescinded the T on Howard from last night. The right move....he did not taunt anyone for even a split second from what I saw.
mike brown is an idiot, i cant wait for the "coach of the year" to get fired
putting Ben Wallace on Rashard Lewis at the end of the game was an F- move. He would be my 2nd to last pick to guard Lewis (after Ilguaskus). Defensive expert, my ass. His system might be sound but his preferred squad does not match up well with the perimeter oriented Magic and he has been unable to adapt. Orlando is topping 100 with ease against a team that rarely lets teams get over 90. His only wise recourse is to go super small and pray that they can figure out a way to not get destroyed on the glass. That way the Cavs can make a real attempt at guarding the 3 point line instead of praying that Orlando starts to miss.Gibson, Williams, West, Bron, any big guy. I am sure he wont do it.
i thought wally did a good job on lewis, the few minutes that he got
THat's an option....but Wally was pretty ineffectual on the offensive end.

So, who wins tonight? Lakers are a 6 point favorite with pretty close to even action on both sides. Is Carmello healthy?

So, who wins tonight? Lakers are a 6 point favorite with pretty close to even action on both sides. Is Carmello healthy?
I like LA in a close one they probably wont deserve.Take Denver and the 6 points.

Has anyone heard anything about Anthony? I know hes going to play but is he going to be effective?

The only reason I think the no call against Howard is bad is because of the call on the other end. if your going to give a star call to him, you have to give it to Howard too.
That philosophy is what's giving the officials problems. It seems they've kinda stopped making the right call on each individual play, instead trying to call a whole game on each trip, and now they're so confused as to what they're supposed be doing out there they've gotten away from why they're there in the first place.
I know, but the only coaches available are coaches that were fired, and a lot of good assistants don't want to be head coaches. Too much responsibility and no job security.

I can't wait until Jadaki misreads and distorts thisI think the foul on Lebron's drive was a bad call and a bail out - but calling a foul on a drive to the hoop at least is reasonablecalling a foul in a tie playoff game on an inbounds play with 0.5 seconds left that would give free throws would be absurd and should never ever be called