So, from everything I've learned about poker, I've found the most important thing is game selection. So, I've found a very profitable game for me with about 5-8 guys that show up for a game that I can beat regularly. But, less have been showing up, and they have started going to other games, that a friend of mine said "Sorry man, I like you, they just specifically said not to tell you about the game"Question is, when you are crushing a game, do you start playing bad so the keep playing?? Do I need to put on a show and wear a tutu to entain them?

you cant suck them dry every time. Lose some of there money back to them that way you can keep coming back and make a profit. Problem is you've already killed the game and have sucked the life out it.

You skined the sheep, too late now. Gota hustle a bit better, bring more beer, tell better stories, don't just scew em.

I definately wouldnt play bad and lose money on purpose... thats just silly. Find another game. It shouldnt be too hard.

There was definitely a thread like this back in the day. Maybe 2 years ago, not sure... awhile ago.Not to say you shouldn't have made it, but I kinda remember it having a lot of content.That being said... maybe play a style that makes you look more like a luckbox and less like a shark. You can play good but look bad.

I think it's because you're a poor winner. Stop making a cha-ching sound every time you stack a chip. Don't yell, 'ship it', when you scoop a pot. It's not nice to tell your buddy how much you want to motorboat his sister. Part of playing poker is making people feel good about losing money to you.

So, from everything I've learned about poker, I've found the most important thing is game selection. So, I've found a very profitable game for me with about 5-8 guys that show up for a game that I can beat regularly. But, less have been showing up, and they have started going to other games, that a friend of mine said "Sorry man, I like you, they just specifically said not to tell you about the game"Question is, when you are crushing a game, do you start playing bad so the keep playing?? Do I need to put on a show and wear a tutu to entain them?
You don't have a right to take people's money. So you have to earn the priviledge.From keeping everyone happy, entertained etc. Being a good sport, or by giving action back.If you were losing at this game all the time, would it be good game selection to keep playing there?Why should thier game selection include someone that beats them?Especially since it sounds like they play for the fun.We have a guy at our home game that is way too much into the money side. I bust him every chance I get, push his raises around, make sure I am always to his left etc because he has no goal but to take money from worse players. When I am in a pot with the others, I flash my cards when I have the nuts, etc because they are my friends and we are having fun. If I win big early, I make sure and give some back. but that's because I want to enjoy this weekly game for another 4 years, and if I take all their money every single week, they won't play either.Recently I introduced the slow roll to the game.

its sounds like you won to much too quick, and cant win anymore, but if you thought about it better, you could of won more in the long run by not winning as much in the short term, winning 100$ every week over a year is better than winning 250$ every week for 2 months and being kicked out. of course winning 250 a week is better when you dont get kicked out, but if you really want to have a spot in the game you shouldn't go overboard and suck it dry

This is a hard concept to get a handle on. I don't necessarily recommend the "give them all their money back" idea cause it defeats every bit of way you are supposed to think when you are at a poker table. There are ways you can win and still be a likable guy to others. Discuss non-trivial hands with them or plays they made and assure them they made the right play (even if they are not). Don't gloat, don't get mad when you get outdrawn. Try and figure out what is making them want to be there and focus on that. If they want to get better...pretend to help them along. If they are just having fun....have fun with them. Also......if you want to give back....bring beer, food stuff. There is a great Mike Caro story about some ******* playing at one table and him playing at another and how they were both crushing their respective tables but everyone kept getting up and going over to Mike's table cause he was being goofy and making everyone laugh. They were losing the same amount of money to him but no one cared cause of the entertainment. Be that guy....

I wouldn't say that you should have lost on purpose but the suggestion to bring more beer or maybe be "nicer" about winning would have helped. Maybe don't take the game too seriously concentrate more on having a good time rather than busting everyone....Its too bad, but you're outta luck now. Gotta find a new game.