Happy Birthday To Me

Congrats man!!! That's quite an accomplishment!!!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as somebody trying to crawl out of this hole i always find it refreshing to read about people who did it and then got past it and went on to other things. so many fewer people than people think actually ever recover from addiction. in real life i've only met three people who seem to have done it as far as im concerned. i'm not sure if the internet counts as real life but you then make that four. so congratulations and thanks for being inspiring.

Then there's the circle jerks, where everyone says they are going to, but only the new guy does. When the lights come on, theres one guy going to town, and 12 guys laughing their butts off.
everybody has to be the new guy once

I don't ever offer Birthday well wishes even though I'm glad someone made it another year without dying. However, sobriety milestones deserve a hearty congratulations. Most addicts find other destructive ways to kill themselves once they quit alcohol and drugs. To avoid this transference is very commendable. The stress of having a family and a successful business certainly gave you plenty of opportunity to implode. Excellent job balloon dude, excellent job.

I don't ever offer Birthday well wishes even though I'm glad someone made it another year without dying. However, sobriety milestones deserve a hearty congratulations. Most addicts find other destructive ways to kill themselves once they quit alcohol and drugs. To avoid this transference is very commendable. The stress of having a family and a successful business certainly gave you plenty of opportunity to implode. Excellent job balloon dude, excellent job.
As they used to say in AA; Removing the alcohol from alcoholism still leaves the 'ism', and the 'ism' will find different ways to kill you.I see my addictive personality in every aspect of my life.Start flying, subscribe to 4 flying magazines and listen to airplane scanner all day.Start golf, subscribe to 5 golf magazines, practise flop shots in living roomStart poker, ~12K posts, weekly game for 3 years, play online till 1AMStart smoking cigars...........
If I could have figured that out when I was 12, I would have done a little better in life
Yeah most of us have all of life's mysteries figured out by 10 or 11 so you really were behind on this one.
Yeah most of of have all of life's mysteries figured out by 10 or 11 so I you really were behind on this one.
Many figure out basic grammer structure by 6 and 7...

Congrats on your sobriety and life outlook. You have done what many of is only dream of. you have found happiness. WTG man. Hope to meet youface to face soon. GL with your continued challenges.

wtg BG congrats

Fantastic - Congrats Rob - It's great to hear the accomplishments of people - your story is an inspiration to others. Thanks for sharing.