Discuss this new show, right now airing Monday nights at 10pm on ABC. Nathan Fillion from Firefly stars as the main character, Richard Castle. I think he's really funny and am glad to see him back on TV, especially as a main lead. Also Stana Katic looks really hot as the "tough girl" cop. The basic storyline is famous author gets paired with NYPD detective because he's writing his next book about her, and they get into interesting predicaments, etc. I thought the first episode was pretty fun and just enjoyable to watch. Hopefully the rest of the season builds on this first episode and it doesn't get stale.

This is the trend that every other new show is following this year: random smart mouthed not cop guy paired with straight laced cop/fbi girl. I don't know if I'll bother giving it a try because it's being done everywhere else.

What's your benchmark average for quality? The Tudors?
no. i dont expect network shows to be as good as cable shows. they cant be. but why do we need 3 CSI's and one NCIS. why do we need numbers, mentalist, cold case, law and order, law and order svu. every freaking show is the same. so what does ABC do? they premiere three new cop shows this year. its all the same shit. i'm sick of it. the tudors is instantly one of my favorites because its well made, well acted, well written and there is absolutely nothing like it anywhere else on television. i'm tired of network tv being so god damn lazy. but really, its the fault of the idiots who watch that shit. as long as they'll watch any piece of shit put in front of them, there's no hope for network tv.

It's on the DVR and I think we will watch it before Lost tonight. I really like Nathan so I will give it a chance because of him. I have actually heard nothing but good reviews except for here so I will reserve judgment until I watch a few episodes.

It's on the DVR and I think we will watch it before Lost tonight. I really like Nathan so I will give it a chance because of him. I have actually heard nothing but good reviews except for here so I will reserve judgment until I watch a few episodes.
and maybe i'm wrong, maybe it is well written and well acted. but its so unorignal i feel compelled to argue against it. and i have no issue saying that there will be nothing in this show i havent seen before. i am willing to guarentee that. maybe it will entertain people for an hour a week, but that doesnt mean it isnt a complete and utter crapfest.
and maybe i'm wrong, maybe it is well written and well acted. but its so unorignal i feel compelled to argue against it. and i have no issue saying that there will be nothing in this show i havent seen before. i am willing to guarentee that. maybe it will entertain people for an hour a week, but that doesnt mean it isnt a complete and utter crapfest.
I think you are relying to much on the cop aspect of the show. Again, I have not seen it but everything I read is that it doesn't spend anytime with the procedural aspect of many cop shows and more about the writer and a woman who happens to be a cop. We'll see. And yes, most television is crap. But I take a crap once a day and I guess I watch crap at least once a day. So it all evens out.
no. i dont expect network shows to be as good as cable shows. they cant be. but why do we need 3 CSI's and one NCIS. why do we need numbers, mentalist, cold case, law and order, law and order svu. every freaking show is the same. so what does ABC do? they premiere three new cop shows this year. its all the same shit. i'm sick of it. the tudors is instantly one of my favorites because its well made, well acted, well written and there is absolutely nothing like it anywhere else on television. i'm tired of network tv being so god damn lazy. but really, its the fault of the idiots who watch that shit. as long as they'll watch any piece of shit put in front of them, there's no hope for network tv.
You've had the hots for Jonathan Rhys-Meyers since Bend it Like Beckham...CONFESS!!!But, yeah, you are right. One show makes it big, next thing you know, there are a dozen shows like it. How about Medium and Ghost Whisperer??? Who the **** greenlit those crapfests?My reviews:Medium > Not well doneGhost Whisperer > Try whispering quieter, I can still hear you
Ghost Whisperer > Try whispering quieter, I can still hear you
admit it, this whole thing was so you could make that joke? i laughed though, so good work.but yeah, you're right. i could have just gotten a list of every tv show currently airing and pasted it and my point would have been the same.
admit it, this whole thing was so you could make that joke? i laughed though, so good work.but yeah, you're right. i could have just gotten a list of every tv show currently airing and pasted it and my point would have been the same.
lol...no, that just came to me...Usually I say "Toast Whisperer" (shhh...a little darker...) or "Ghost Fuckerer" or something equally silly...
You need to back off the Law and Order series.He's been doing it for 20 years and they are still solid.Dick Wolf OWNS YOU

I liked it, for a pilot the show was a pretty solid effort. The mother character has to go, she adds nothing but a major distraction. The father-daughter dynamic is the one they should be focusing on, just cut the mother character out completely and never speak of her again. Stana Katic is very well cast as the tough hot chick, and I've loved Nathan Fillion in everything I've ever seen him in, so I'll watch this show until it's inevitable cancellation next year in favor of a cheaply produced reality show.

I liked it, for a pilot the show was a pretty solid effort. The mother character has to go, she adds nothing but a major distraction. The father-daughter dynamic is the one they should be focusing on, just cut the mother character out completely and never speak of her again. Stana Katic is very well cast as the tough hot chick, and I've loved Nathan Fillion in everything I've ever seen him in, so I'll watch this show until it's inevitable cancellation next year in favor of a cheaply produced reality show.
Adam is right.

I watched it, it was okay. I think it will get better. I have my issues but as the show went on they seemed to correct themselves. The first scene with the female lead where she is looking at the dead body annoyed me. I hate sometimes over do it with a strong lead female. I love Nathan though.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...