Folding Aces Pre-flop

This happened to me last year and it may raise an interesting situation to fold aces. We were down to 7 and I believe the payout was as follows1. 12k2. 8k3. 5.5k4. 4.5k5. 3.5k6 2.5k7. 1.5kMe and this other guy were massive chip leaders 500k each almost guarenteed top 3 unless we battled I believe 1.6m chips in play. BB and SB each have less than 3 BB left and the rest of the table has under 120k in chips. 8th player gets eliminated and very next hand co-leader first to act pushes all-in I of course have AA and Iam in it to win it so I insta-call. I could have folded knowing the BB and SB would soon have to do battle as well as the three other players, also these tourneys have no antes so I could just fold till were down to at least 5 to win 3.5k. but for a chance to take a huge chip lead as a huge fav no way would I fold even knowing there is a 20% chance that I may lose and end up in 7th.I came in 7th.I have seen in alot of WPT event where the jump from 3-4 or 2-3 is huge and that short stack piece of crap is hoping the 2 leaders battle and he weasels an extra 200k from it.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic