The Official Obama Scorecard Thread

And re: South Africa - No, I haven't been. I read world news, though, and I know the country's history. So, yeah, the fact that there are 18k murders each year there and another 18k attempted murders - yeah, that doesn't sound awesome. I don't think I need to have been there to realize that that doesn't sound particularly awesome. Also, I have a bunch of friends who went for the World Cup. They said Johannesburg was like a war zone and that they felt less safe there than anywhere they'd been, and these are well-traveled people. But hey, the white people there like 'Mukra and two of them laughed at one of your terrible jokes! It must be great! BG WINS AGAIN!

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

President Obama ordered the cabinet to cut $100,000,000.00 ($100 million) from the $3,500,000,000,000.00 ($3.5 trillion) federal budget.   I'm so impressed by this sacrifice that I have decided to

Saying, "ever been to France?" wasn't meant to imply you can't judge a place without having been there; I expected you had been, or I expected you'd lie about it.
What about the "didn't think so" part? What was that meant to imply?
ever been to france, b? didn't think so

mk, you lost this round.Of course, I don't even know what the hell you guys are arguing about, so it's a shallow victory for BG.

mk, you lost this round.Of course, I don't even know what the hell you guys are arguing about, so it's a shallow victory for BG.
not on content.
mk, you lost this round.
If by "lost" you meant "pulled BG's head off and shit down his throat repeatedly and without mercy" then yes, your assessment of the last page and a half is accurate.
Oh, except, oops, nope; what you posted has nothing to do with that. This does, and it shows that it wasn't naive, it was simply: REALITY2011-balance-of-power-00-03.png
The "discussion" was effectively over right when this was posted. BG simply asked to continue getting bludgeoned by reality, and I was more than happy to oblige.
If by "lost" you meant "pulled BG's head off and shit down his throat repeatedly and without mercy" then yes, your assessment of the last page and a half is accurate.
By "lost" I meant that BG dominated your emotional state.
And lets be clear, for 8 years all you leftist nutcases said was : "The WHOLE world hates us"
That's a ludicrous exaggeration.
So if I want to say Iran mocking the impotency of the Obama presidency means the "WHOLE WORLD" hates us, I've earned that right, by virtue of 8 years of you clowns spouting it out like it made a lick of sense!
There is a difference between our allies disliking us and our enemies disliking us. I feel like that's obvious.
By "lost" I meant that BG dominated your emotional state.
If by "dominated your emotional state" you meant "made you want BG to kill himself more than you did previously" then yes, your assessment is accurate.I can keep going with these all day fyi
If by "dominated your emotional state" you meant "made you want BG to kill himself more than you did previously" then yes, your assessment is accurate.I can keep going with these all day fyi
No, I think we finally came to an accord with this one.
The "discussion" was effectively over right when this was posted. BG simply asked to continue getting bludgeoned by reality, and I was more than happy to oblige.
Such a lame freaking chart. You really think the whole world is in harmony,and only the US is disliked.The main reason we arent loved is just plain jealousy. They hate our superior lifestyle.Put russia at the top and see how well they would do. In fact Id bet if you put anynation at the top, the results would be similiar.
I didn't even have to read it... it was a predetermined outcome.

like I said before, it costs absolutely nothing to feign respect for other countries, and who knows how it might benefit you in the future? this point alone is all you really need to know that bush's hypermasculine approach was asinine. the rest of the discussion since then has been BG being a topic-changing, sidestepping troll.

like I said before, it costs absolutely nothing to feign respect for other countries, and who knows how it might benefit you in the future? this point alone is all you really need to know that bush's hypermasculine approach was asinine. the rest of the discussion since then has been BG being a topic-changing, sidestepping troll.
Your problem with this way of thinking is that the left created this notion that Bush was a cowboy overseas.I would put money on the fact that discussions between countries behind doors was very cordial, clear and positions were chosen based on personal needs more than any silly notion that 'France felt like Bush was running ruck shot over International laws'.I did an event where the president of Spain, who had just been voted out after the terrorist attacks on their railways, talked about how the world community was behind Bush's war on terror across the board.So you can believe the president of SpainOr you can believe what someone who was running on a anti-Bush platform told you what the world thought.To be fair, the Spain example of the new president calling the troops back from Iraq after he beat the other guy supports the notion of anti-Bush, but my point still stands that a political leader with the facts, supported Bush. Plus the bombing in Madrid turned the tide of the election more because of the government's handling of the crisis, not necessarily the bombing itself. Still set a horrible precedence because the notion that a couple bombs will change an election results is not something anyone wants terrorists to think.

I'm not really looking to talk about Iraq or what international law Bush might have ignored, or any of that. my issue is with his complete lack of discretion when it came to his disdain for some of the european countries. I happen to think he was right--that france is quite irrelevant and probably had some underhanded dealings that prompted them to speak out against the war--but there is not a single compelling reason to have our president, or even leadership from one of the major parties, speaking along those lines.as far as the idea that bush's image in europe is some silly leftist invention, I can't see how you're being genuine here. I've seen plenty of europeans speak out about it, had many discussions with LG about it, etc. I could probably find a bush-disrespecting-europe montage and you might even be able to find a bush-respecting-europe montage, so maybe we just skip that step.OK, I think I made my point clear. if you like, you can frame the discussion as though I'm a weak-willed pussy for thinking we should fight all the wars as best we can, including PR wars.

I'm not really looking to talk about Iraq or what international law Bush might have ignored, or any of that. my issue is with his complete lack of discretion when it came to his disdain for some of the european countries. I happen to think he was right--that france is quite irrelevant and probably had some underhanded dealings that prompted them to speak out against the war--but there is not a single compelling reason to have our president, or even leadership from one of the major parties, speaking along those lines.
I will agree with you that it is our leader's responsibility to always hedge his voice to not corner the US with regards to our relationships with other countries.
as far as the idea that bush's image in europe is some silly leftist invention, I can't see how you're being genuine here. I've seen plenty of europeans speak out about it, had many discussions with LG about it, etc. I could probably find a bush-disrespecting-europe montage and you might even be able to find a bush-respecting-europe montage, so maybe we just skip that step.
I don't argue that there are many citizens of these countries who are more anti-American. Many of them use Bush to justify their opinion. I am talking about the people in power, who have the facts and who have the responsibility to do the right thing with regards to national policy.I know President Obama, who was given no national security briefings, was anti-war. What is telling is that all the democrats who were privy to the intel were pro-war. What matters more?
OK, I think I made my point clear. if you like, you can frame the discussion as though I'm a weak-willed wimp for thinking we should fight all the wars as best we can, including PR wars.
I don't think you are off base at all, I probably am more guilty for not clarifying the point about leader's opinions vs citizens opinions more clear. Cause let's face it, people with no information can think what ever they want, but it has little value.
Spoken like a true mental midget.You should read it all; you'd probably be on my side on this one.
Oh, good, a second account to block.
I don't personally consider giving money to a church as giving to a charity in most cases. That doesn't mean that the Church isn't doing a lot of charitable work but just giving money to a church also is paying for a lot of things that have nothing to do with charity.I also don't consider a rich guy giving money to his fav College Sports program giving to a charity or giving a work of art to a museum.I would totally get rid of the charitable tax deduction along with the tax deduction for giving money to a political party. I'm not sure if political donations are tax deductible in the US but they are in Canada.
I would totally get rid of the charitable tax deduction along with the tax deduction for giving money to a political party. I'm not sure if political donations are tax deductible in the US but they are in Canada.
They aren't. I don't have a problem with charitable donations being tax deductible, but like everything else in the tax system, it gets exploited.Joe Biden really didn't make much money before becoming VP.**I think this information came from the other link brv posted about this in another thread.