The Official Obama Scorecard Thread

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

President Obama ordered the cabinet to cut $100,000,000.00 ($100 million) from the $3,500,000,000,000.00 ($3.5 trillion) federal budget.   I'm so impressed by this sacrifice that I have decided to

• 2 weeks later...

I think it would be really effective if the GOP actually ran ads like that on TV.

I think it would be really effective if the GOP actually ran ads like that on TV.
Yeah, clearly the intelligent and reasoned way to go after the President would be to criticize the fact that he make a NCAA bracket and has played golf. That's the way to victory.
Yeah, clearly the intelligent and reasoned way to go after the President would be to criticize the fact that he make a NCAA bracket and has played golf. That's the way to victory.
Are you trying to imply that the public isn't stupid?
They criticized the military record of a man who WON THE MOTHERFUCKING SILVER STAR and (yawn) three Purple Hearts, while at the exact same time supporting the other man who served part-time in the National Guard during those very same years and certainly never saw combat. And we all know how that election turned out. In other words, disregard logic and normal sensibility. And shame.
They criticized the military record of a man who WON THE MOTHERFUCKING SILVER STAR and (yawn) three Purple Hearts, while at the exact same time supporting the other man who served part-time in the National Guard during those very same years and certainly never saw combat. And we all know how that election turned out.
Yeah, what was up with that? For all his faults, Kerry did win the Silver Star, and then threw it back in the government's face because "fuck you, that's why."
Are you trying to imply that the public isn't stupid?
"Stupid" and "able to turn their brains off" are two different things. I think the public tends to be the latter more than the former.
Yeah, what was up with that? For all his faults, Kerry did win the Silver Star, and then threw it back in the government's face because "fuck you, that's why."
Shit, now that I think about it, fuckin flip-flopper amirite?
"Stupid" and "able to turn their brains off" are two different things. I think the public tends to be the latter more than the former.
I think you've been spending too much time with scientists.

And yet another campaign promise into the crapper.Gitmo to now stay open indefinitely, while the turds incarcerated there will get military trials instead of cushy NYC trials.

And yet another campaign promise into the crapper.Gitmo to now stay open indefinitely, while the turds incarcerated there will get military trials instead of cushy NYC trials.
He tried to bring them to America and put them in supermax prisons and everyone wet their pants and said "not in my state". Clearly, his fault.
He tried to bring them to America and put them in supermax prisons and everyone wet their pants and said "not in my state". Clearly, his fault.
No he made promises that were made in fairy land and when the adults showed him the consequences of his dreams he had to step up and correct himself.To his credit he did, when he was given the facts and not just the leftist spin they used to pound Bush unfairly.But I mean it, it's too his credit that he stepped up and made the only reasonable decision possible, which is too keep Gitmo open ,continue rendition, torture for certain circumstances and follow Bush's plans for both wars.I don't even think it should be a Republican campaign issue because its the right thing to do, for a bunch of decisions that have mostly bad choices as the only options.
So are you saying he didn't really believe in one of his primary campaign promises, and that when faced with the slightest resistance he gave up on it?
So are you saying he didn't really believe in one of his primary campaign promises, and that when faced with the slightest resistance he gave up on it?
No, that's about the opposite of what I am saying.
No, that's about the opposite of what I am saying.
So he DID believe in ONE of his campaign promises but when no resistance came up he continued to support it?I can see why you love him.Why don't you marry him?I guess you are cause his bestest friends are getting the girls for the bachelor party already.

Seriously though, why are all of Obama's closest friends complete embarrassments?You;d think he would have a better judgement when picking his friends.Like look at his picks for his cabinet......Okay then let's look at his picks for the Supreme Co.....VP?Well his kids are cute as buttons.

With nothing else on the line, I woulda liked the supermax route myself.Especially if they would be housed in gp.But trying them in front of a New york jury would be risky. I dont think they would be acquitted, but weeding out the leftist juror who would vote not guilty, just to send a message might be problematic.So now after a 100mill trial and years of inconvienence for the locals, we get a retrial so more anti us crap can be put into evidence.The big winner here? ACLU attorneys. In fact when all was said and done, we would a bankrupt justice system, and have a group of lawyers who could combine their profits and be part of the fortune 500.

I unfortunately missed Obama's speech on the budget, so my response only comes from reading about it.However, I'm quite happy that Obama seems to have found his voice on this issue and is effectively channeling his core Democratic principles in the debate over this country's debt. Obama's assessment of the situation and of Ryan's initial plan is the correct one. Even with Ryan's massive slashing and dismantling of medicare, the deficit reductions are minimal, and the real problems aren't solved. Turning medicare into a voucher system doesn't solve a health-care problem, it only means that the bills are now not going to be paid. Cutting into vital services and completely eliminating inexpensive servies isn't the road to long term solvency.Obama recognizes that any serious plan to reduce the deficit has to include changes to the tax code and has to increase the effective tax rate on top earners. It has to involve reducing the military's budget and moving toward a smarter military for the future rather than the bloated military of the cold war. It of course must address the ballooning medicare costs, but do so in a way that doesn't leave seniors out in the cold.It's an interesting game that they're playing in Washington. I guess Obama's team decided it was best to wait for the Republicans to make the first move (in the form of the Ryan budget) before having the President come out with his vision. I just hope that all this political posturing doesn't end with a government shutdown. During this time of fragile recovery, shutting down the government would be economically devastating. I hope both sides can maintain a high-level, mature debate and can reach a sane solution. I think both sides are doing a good job thus far (it's looking much nicer than the healthcare debate, knock on wood).

1st: If the guy in charge increases spending by more than all presidents before him combined, then he loses any authority to declare his 'fix' to the issue.2nd: A smarter military means big expensive toys that do really good jobs of killing people. But having a standing army is cheaper, and required to actually defeat an enemy. Incidentally, this is how Bush ran the Iraq War under Tommy Franks, a smaller smarter army that pinpointed targets instead of the first Gulf War under Schwarzkopf's tactic of 500,000 troops massing on the borders than charging in as one juggernaut of destruction that they stopped after 2 days.Bush did not get any kudoes from the left for doing what Obama is now saying is the 'right thing to do'3rd: Obama and the democrat REDUCED the amount of cuts from the republican plan, threatening to shut down the government. The republicans only have a small control over one leg in a three legged stool and the democrats are the ones stopping the spending cuts.Obama is flat out lying when he talks about wanting to reduce the size and spending of this government.Other than the lies, it was another good reading of a teleprompter by Barack Hussein Obama.