I think Jack's motivation is to save himself here...and Sayid hasn't actually shown that he 'likes' to kill people. it's always presented as a necessity for the context of the storyline.
Ben has been telling Jack that everyone on the island will die if he doesn't come back to save them, and saving people has been Jack's primary role throughout, starting from his ex-wife (and including saving ben himself with that surgery).As for sayid, I agree they have shown him struggle from time to time with his violent "duties" but on the other hand it seems like that is just what he does and he knows it.
  • Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya, they did. During the episode where jack finally buried his father, she came up to him at the end, said she had a daughter by Christian and what a coincidence, she was on the plane. Jack asked her name, she said 'Claire'. And he instantly realized Aaron is his nephew.
Thanks, I wasn't sure.
Ben has been telling Jack that everyone on the island will die if he doesn't come back to save them, and saving people has been Jack's primary role throughout, starting from his ex-wife (and including saving ben himself with that surgery).
That's true. But Jack already stated that he wanted to go back to the island to Kate and the timeline of that statement appears to be before the current future (judging by the facial hair).
As for sayid, I agree they have shown him struggle from time to time with his violent "duties" but on the other hand it seems like that is just what he does and he knows it.
Ya, he's more like the poor man's Jack Bauer.

Could Richard Alpert be from the Black Rock?And did the Black Rock get so far inland on the island because it was in the wrong place at the wrong time when the island was moved at some other point in it's history?

Just kill the ginger english chick already, shes screwed we get it. They will all start dropping likes flies, juliets nose will start bleeding drama etc.
ok it was probably obvious enough but its rare for me to predict anything right on Lost
The earlier you were on the island, the sooner your nose starts bleeding. I'm guessing because Daniel has a constant, his will not. Charlotte was on the island before anyone else, so her nose started to bleed first.
What really bothers me is that Charlotte passes out and near dies when they jumped one time but the next 2 times she is fine and feeling no aftereffects and Miles and Juliet are at the beginning stages of the bleeding. So they will near die and then be okay as well? You would think the bleeding would be progressively worse each time.

I'm sure they'll explain the bleeding thing better. Maybe the further away you get from your "present", the more prone you are to bleeding or something. Being "bothered" by this simply means you don't understand it yet and THAT'S what is bothering you. Chill.

I'm sure they'll explain the bleeding thing better. Maybe the further away you get from your "present", the more prone you are to bleeding or something. Being "bothered" by this simply means you don't understand it yet and THAT'S what is bothering you. Chill.
how could you change the picture attached to your posts? i had pretty much fallen completely in love with that ass from the "gohabsgo" picture. i'm quite saddened
how could you change the picture attached to your posts? i had pretty much fallen completely in love with that ass from the "gohabsgo" picture. i'm quite saddened
lol, thanks! SOmeone else said it was a fat chick, but I actually changed it because it was too viewable at my work...You have no idea how many sigs I have to scoot by to keep my surfing safe.
lol, thanks! SOmeone else said it was a fat chick, but I actually changed it because it was too viewable at my work...You have no idea how many sigs I have to scoot by to keep my surfing safe.
you know you can turn sigs off, right?
Just rewatched last week's episode, it wasn't that bad. I really really hope they get away from time travelling every 10 minutes soon though, and all the nosebleed crap is pretty annoying.

Not this week LOL

Lol, sigh

But that's over with now. Locke put the wheel back in place that was spinning randomly and sending them through time. Next week's episode looks awesome. These first few episodes have been building up to it, I feel. Tonight's was great too, and the monster stuff was pretty cool.What's the story with Rousseau's boyfriend trying to shoot her after being in the monster's cavern? Does the monster have the ability to take over people's minds? Or does it have the ability to completely impersonate people ala "Prey," the Michael Crichton book?Interesting stuff.
But that's over with now. Locke put the wheel back in place that was spinning randomly and sending them through time. Next week's episode looks awesome. These first few episodes have been building up to it, I feel. Tonight's was great too, and the monster stuff was pretty cool.What's the story with Rousseau's boyfriend trying to shoot her after being in the monster's cavern? Does the monster have the ability to take over people's minds? Or does it have the ability to completely impersonate people ala "Prey," the Michael Crichton book?Interesting stuff.
I always thought that monster represented people's 'dark side'. So in this view, if that monster took him over it would be like him becoming the worst version of himself. Interesting that this was the "sickness" rousseau had always referred to?
I always thought that monster represented people's 'dark side'. So in this view, if that monster took him over it would be like him becoming the worst version of himself. Interesting that this was the "sickness" rousseau had always referred to?
Could it also be what Desmond's predecessor was referring to when was living in the hatch and pushing the button?
i think this is right, and would explain why some characters (eko) can stare the bitch down, but most people just die.i didn't think it was possible, but i like ben's character more just about every time he speaks. by the time this show is over, i'm pretty sure i'll consider him the best tv character of all time. i don't even think that's hyperbole.
i think this is right, and would explain why some characters (eko) can stare the bitch down, but most people just die.i didn't think it was possible, but i like ben's character more just about every time he speaks. by the time this show is over, i'm pretty sure i'll consider him the best tv character of all time. i don't even think that's hyperbole.
I miss Mr Eko. He was an excellent character.
Also we see that Ben isn't REALLY Alex's father, not too sure if we already knew this, but I had it in my mind that he was due to him getting all emo after she died.
No, we have pretty much always known. Russo in season 1 or 2 said she was pregnant when she got to the island then the others took her baby.
Also we see that Ben isn't REALLY Alex's father, not too sure if we already knew this, but I had it in my mind that he was due to him getting all emo after she died.
No, we have pretty much always known. Russo in season 1 or 2 said she was pregnant when she got to the island then the others took her baby.
Hang on, how do we know Ben is not the father, because that french guy thinks he is the father?
Hang on, how do we know Ben is not the father, because that french guy thinks he is the father?
I would assume so, also attributing those two lines or so about the baby's name, but of course can't really assume too much with this show and something else might certainly be up.
What do you mean by thinks? The french crew stumbled onto the island accidentally I think, Ben just kind of adopted Alex, the same way he incorporated all the other children into the group. I'm not sure it's possible for Ben to have banged the good-looking Rousseau when she was in France.
I'm not sure it's possible for Ben to have banged the good-looking Rousseau when she was in France.
Oh, it's possible. Faraday appears to be the father of someone his own age; with all this time/space travel anything is possible.
I could not agree more. Ben is so complex!Could someone please clue me in to why people think charlotte is faraday's daughter? I do not get this. They kissed on the lips. I truly hope this does not turn out to be the truth.One last thing-- did this week's episode have a commercial every five minutes? It seemed like the breaks were overkill!