Car Crash

WTF DO I DO?I just heard what sounded like a loud smack, then people's voices right away, so I look out my window and there was an accident. I ran and grabbed my coat, slipped on my shoes and ran out to see if everyone was ok. They were, so I asked if they needed my phone. They didn't. I then offered if anyone wanted to come inside to get out of the cold while they wait for the cops to get there, they said thanks, so I came back inside. The one car had a baby with them, so glad everyone is ok. One car doesn't look too bad, the other's front end is totalled. I'm guessing one car ran the stop sign on my corner and got T boned, but I'm not 100%.

Once you see the crash it is proper to immediately call 911 before you check if everyone is ok. Especially in a car accident because there is no way to really know if people are hurt or not. Even if they aren't hurt the cops will be coming by anyway.You did good though.

Serve them lots of alcohol to help calm them down.
and broccoli. won't they be embarassed when they realized they were talking to the cops with booze on their breath and broccoli in their chomp chomps.
Hit on the girl with the baby because she obviously puts out.
You're not the first person to say that to me lol.
Once you see the crash it is proper to immediately call 911 before you check if everyone is ok. Especially in a car accident because there is no way to really know if people are hurt or not. Even if they aren't hurt the cops will be coming by anyway.You did good though.
Good tip, thanks :club:
Dude, you're supposed to just ignore it. Someone else will probably handle it.
:club:
No pictures? What the hell Ray?
Nah, I think if I was in a wreck, I'd be pretty upset if someone started taking pictures and capturing my misery on film forever.

Best thing to do is call 911 and let them handle everything. Just try to stay neutral and keep everyone calm. If there is no injuries or safety hazards such as leaking gas or down hyrdo wires best to stay out of it. Don't take pictures because you can be called as a witness. You did fine Ray. Never move a injuried person unless there is a hazard such as fire. You can worsen the injury if it's to the neck or back area. Always look around the area for other hazards such as leaking gas, oil, down wires, potential for other problems.

Serve them lots of alcohol to help calm them down.
Hit on the girl with the baby because she obviously puts out.
good ideas
shooeees fck shoes..dane cook. don't like him but the car crash thing he does is pretty funny
well I was in my kitchen cleaning a dish! i have the dish here...we can cal it exhibit A! ok, you, you and you, lets go!...no you go in the next group YOU GO IN THE NEXT GROUP!

About a year ago, I was sitting on my couch when I heard a crash. Looked out my window, and saw a Denali with 22" chrome rims wrapped around an oak tree in my yard. After I stopped laughing about 10 minutes later, I went out for a closer look... it was a kid who lives down the street, who was driving too fast (quiet suburban neighborhood, 25mph speed limit) and following someone too close, and that other person turned into their driveway. Found out a few days later (as suspected) that this 50k+ vehicle was totalled... and as for my oak tree? Lost a little bark, about a 12"x12" area. Tree 1, Denali and punk kid 0.

I used to work in a building that sat right on what had to be the worst intersection in town... At least once a week there was an accident (to varying degrees of intensity) and two times in the three years I worked there I was 'the first guy on scene' for fatal ones. It got to the point where I could roughly estimate the severity of accidents on sound alone. The last fatal one I was present for in that particular location, after hearing it, I looked straight at my coworker and said "Shit... They're dead...no doubt" When we got outside and around the corner to see what had happened, sure enough, the driver of the car was a goner. Brutal accidents have a totally different sound than ordinary rear-enders.

I've been in a couple car accidents and fortunately no one got seriously hurt either time.But ever since the sound of a car crash just makes me feel really uncomfortable.

One night My ex and I are in bed, are room is in the back of the house. The oldest son came home at midnight his room at the front of the house. He parks his car on the street cause we have our 2 cars and a boat and trailer in our drive way. So about 2:30 am. I hear a bang, crash then spinniing grinding noise. Both my ex and I get up cause we both heard it. My son's car gets hit and the guy is hooked to it. So I pick up the phone and call the police. My son doesn't move. He didn't hear it. Likes it's less than 100 yards to his room. We wake him of course he has a fit. I am the first out. the driver gets unhooked, takes off to fit the next car. Then the 3rd car and pulls in to a driveway 4 houses down. I go up to him, he is stinking of ****in beer. Finally the cops show up. I already had pictures of him hooked to my son's car, him hitting the 2 neighbours cars and he also left is license plate on the ground in front of the car. I get summons to court as a witness but of course he pleads guilty. too much evidence lol. Son's car total shifted alignment, he had to hit it twice. Guy lost his license for 3 yrs. Fined $5000.00. plus 2 weeks Jail time. Not his first offense.

For those of you who don't know, I take 911 calls for a living. I did a thread last year on 2p2 where I answered people's questions and gave some general advice/tips for calling. 2p2 LinkInsta-calling 911 is not the answer in this case. Get some information first. See what they need. When you insta-dial 911, they're going to dispatch it to the police department. We don't put out fires, have the jaws of life, or any medical equipment. These people may need ambulance or fire services much more than the police, so inadvertantly you may be delaying those responses by calling the police first.If I recall, ray lives right in stratford, so I'm not sure what their police policy is regarding accidents, but here in London for example, the police don't respond to any accidents where no one is hurt - they'll just direct the involved people to the reporting centre. Short story long, find out what's up first. Take a cell phone or cordless with you if it's in range. The 911 disptacther will thank you for it.

For those of you who don't know, I take 911 calls for a living. I did a thread last year on 2p2 where I answered people's questions and gave some general advice/tips for calling. 2p2 LinkInsta-calling 911 is not the answer in this case. Get some information first. See what they need. When you insta-dial 911, they're going to dispatch it to the police department. We don't put out fires, have the jaws of life, or any medical equipment. These people may need ambulance or fire services much more than the police, so inadvertantly you may be delaying those responses by calling the police first.If I recall, ray lives right in stratford, so I'm not sure what their police policy is regarding accidents, but here in London for example, the police don't respond to any accidents where no one is hurt - they'll just direct the involved people to the reporting centre. Short story long, find out what's up first. Take a cell phone or cordless with you if it's in range. The 911 disptacther will thank you for it.
Did you hear that call to 911 in the States where a woman phoned to complain that the workers at Burger King wouldnt make her a Whopper duriing breakfast hours?

Happens ALLLLLLLLLLLLLL the time man. I think it's about 70/30 for "non emergent" 911 calls to actual ones. Unbelievable some of the things people call for. There are some examples in that thread I linked.

One night My ex and I are in bed, are room is in the back of the house. The oldest son came home at midnight his room at the front of the house. He parks his car on the street cause we have our 2 cars and a boat and trailer in our drive way. So about 2:30 am. I hear a bang, crash then spinniing grinding noise. Both my ex and I get up cause we both heard it. My son's car gets hit and the guy is hooked to it. So I pick up the phone and call the police. My son doesn't move. He didn't hear it. Likes it's less than 100 yards to his room. We wake him of course he has a fit. I am the first out. the driver gets unhooked, takes off to fit the next car. Then the 3rd car and pulls in to a driveway 4 houses down. I go up to him, he is stinking of ****in beer. Finally the cops show up. I already had pictures of him hooked to my son's car, him hitting the 2 neighbours cars and he also left is license plate on the ground in front of the car. I get summons to court as a witness but of course he pleads guilty. too much evidence lol. Son's car total shifted alignment, he had to hit it twice. Guy lost his license for 3 yrs. Fined $5000.00. plus 2 weeks Jail time. Not his first offense.
i think some of those words don't mean what you think they mean
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
if someone in my household has a massive heart attack or stroke (some dire emergency where minutes could be the difference between life and death) should i call 911 or put them in the back of my car and tail it for the hospital? 08-04-2008, 10:19 PM #22 bdc30 grinder Join Date: Dec 2007Posts: 532 Re: Ask me about: Calling 911 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------All depends really. Ambulance response times are usually on the lower end of the scale. Not to mention they come equipped with all the life saving/sustaining equipment and people who are trained to deal with these things. If you live in the middle of nowhere - far from an ambulance station, or very close to the hospital, I might consider it, but as a general rule, just call the ambulance and wait.
bdc30 JFYI I was an EMCA before I became a Nurse. On your 2p2 thread you mention call amblance and wait the. Another option could be is the fire dept as they are also equiped with defiberators and carry the same equipment for cardiac arrest as what ambulances do.good read and Job on that thread.

paramedic/ambulance attendentEMCA Emergency Medical Care Attendent

When a woman, like my Girlfriend, of course it could be any woman, Mother or a girlfriends' friend. So they're telling the story, probably have a glass of wine first. Cause it's night out and you just have to relax. Dog snuggles up with you because the neighbors dog is haulin, the protector that he is. There's all these parts to the story, telling all the details, gotta have the mood. The entire story is the important part. Not like direct line of thought planned out with one single goal in mind. No real moral of the story, like my mom talks on the phone, bluetooth, of course she just has to tell me all these things about the women that she works with. They're all idiots of course. Am I right? She almost gets hit of course. Lol, new BMW. The roadster.