They had several dishes on the menu that didn’t include any tortured or slaughtered animals or carcasses at all.
Ok now personally I could care less about peoples eating habbits, I never force my opinions on others, and could care less what they choos to eat or not eat. The only thing that really irks me though, is the fact that so many vegiterians in this world will try to force their views on you. I mean c'mon DN several things on the menu that didnt include any tortured or slaughtered animals or carcasses at all!!!??? I don't understand why vegiterians try to make a meat eater look out to be some cold blooded murder. Anyway for you vegiterians out there here is some facts about the food being processed that you eat. Millions of animals are killed by wheat and soy combines durring harvesting. MILLIONS!!! There have been many studies on this issue, and many believe that it is in fact more harmfull to animals to be a vegiterian then not. Steven Davis, professor of animal science at Oregon State University (at least one study has shown that simply mowing an alfalfa field caused a 50% reduction in the gray-tailed vole population): full articleLeast Harm Principle suggests that Humans should eat beef not vegan., first published in the Proceedings of Third Congress of the European Society for Agricultural and Food Ethics, 2001 OH Yea last but not least about ohio state entry... oh wait woops forgot It's "The Ohio State University" apologies to you buckeye fans, but Michigan > Ohio State.

I absolutely do not mind vegetarians...whatever people feel compelled to eat is fine with me.Just as long as someone I know who is a vegetarian doesn't give me the "look" as I cut into a steak or something similar.I would literally die as a vegetarian, I could not live without chicken or beef, as much as I do like certain vegetables.

I absolutely do not mind vegetarians...whatever people feel compelled to eat is fine with me.Just as long as someone I know who is a vegetarian doesn't give me the "look" as I cut into a steak or something similar.I would literally die as a vegetarian, I could not live without chicken or beef, as much as I do like certain vegetables.
I couldn't agree more. And there are a lot of times where PETA needs to seriously S.T.F.U./will never forgive them for trying to change the Green Bay Packers to the Green Bay Six-Packers/Pickers

Nope. They actually tried that, saying the reference to Meat Packers was inappropriate :hand:

I really have to agree with this thread Daniel. Until you actually are vegan, you have no right to talk. Eating dairy that comes out of these cows being pumped full of every chemical on the planet is worse than eating the meat. The drugs are in far, far higher concentrations in the milk than in the meat. And by buying dairy you support the whole industry.

many believe that it is in fact more harmfull to animals to be a vegiterian then not
tell that to the cow or chicken you're about to eat.
What would I say? I don't think they would understand me.

Well, I for one, am appalled at the torture and slaughter of innocent plants...all to feed those bloodthirsty vegetarians....plants feel pain too! "Study Shows Aspirin Blocks "Plant Pain"It's not news anymore that plants may "cry in pain" when attacked or damaged by a hungry herbivore, but now we know that there is a way to stop all this vegetable "suffering" right in your medicine cabinet -- with simple aspirin. Plants may not feel the pain of an injury as animals do, but they do have their own "alarm" reaction to tissue damage and, in an effect curiously similar to that in animals, this reaction can be short-circuited by aspirin and other similar drugs, according to a study recently published in The Journal of Biological Chemistry. The study was authored by plant biologists Zhiqiang Pan of Arizona State University; Bilal Camara of the Institut de Biologie Moleculaire des Plantes, Strasbourg, France; Harold W. Gardner of the United States Department of Agriculture; and Ralph A. Backhaus of Arizona State University and appeared in JBC's July 17 issue. "And what about all those poor insects getting squished as those evil combines roll thru the fields, cutting corn and grains??? Cows, corn, carrots and spiders...they're all God's creatures....why should the highly evolved species of "man" inflict pain and death on any of these living things, just to selfishly feed ourselves?? Oh hell, just kidding...I'm going to eat my steak now.... :twisted:

Well, I for one, am appalled at the torture and slaughter of innocent plants...all to feed those bloodthirsty vegetarians....plants feel pain too! "Study Shows Aspirin Blocks "Plant Pain"It's not news anymore that plants may "cry in pain" when attacked or damaged by a hungry herbivore, but now we know that there is a way to stop all this vegetable "suffering" right in your medicine cabinet -- with simple aspirin. Plants may not feel the pain of an injury as animals do, but they do have their own "alarm" reaction to tissue damage and, in an effect curiously similar to that in animals, this reaction can be short-circuited by aspirin and other similar drugs, according to a study recently published in The Journal of Biological Chemistry. The study was authored by plant biologists Zhiqiang Pan of Arizona State University; Bilal Camara of the Institut de Biologie Moleculaire des Plantes, Strasbourg, France; Harold W. Gardner of the United States Department of Agriculture; and Ralph A. Backhaus of Arizona State University and appeared in JBC's July 17 issue. "And what about all those poor insects getting squished as those evil combines roll thru the fields, cutting corn and grains??? Cows, corn, carrots and spiders...they're all God's creatures....why should the highly evolved species of "man" inflict pain and death on any of these living things, just to selfishly feed ourselves?? Oh hell, just kidding...I'm going to eat my steak now.... :twisted:
difference -plants do not "feel" the pain. both have protoplasm and cells/tissues etc but all living things in animal kingdom 'know' that killing a plant is different than killing animals. last i check, i have never heard of plants' "nervous system". i have to go and check my textbooks. eg. if u kill a "daughter" plant, the mother plant has no idea. try killing a "daughter" dog - you'd definitely get a nasty fight from the mother dog. :)theoretically, one can argue why god didn't create homo sapiens so that we do not have to eat --- but just photosynthesize?

Are animals that kill and eat other animals horribly sinful? They should be punished too. The little bug doesn't deserve to be killed and eaten by the lizard who is killed and eaten by the snake who is killed and eaten by the Eagle who poops to feed the plants that feed the little bugs.... What a horrible vicious cycle our Creator has made....

difference -plants do not "feel" the pain. both have protoplasm and cells/tissues etc but all living things in animal kingdom 'know' that killing a plant is different than killing animals. last i check, i have never heard of plants' "nervous system". i have to go and check my textbooks. eg. if u kill a "daughter" plant, the mother plant has no idea. try killing a "daughter" dog - you'd definitely get a nasty fight from the mother dog. :)theoretically, one can argue why god didn't create homo sapiens so that we do not have to eat --- but just photosynthesize?
Well, actually, I was being facetious about this....but was demonstrating how out of whack, in my opinion, the whole concept of referring to someone's steak or burger as tortured and slaughtered animal carcasses. Just a little tired of the sanctimonious platitudes and judgmental attitudes towards those of us who choose to eat meat.
one more do add - "bloodthirsty" vegetarians?plants do not have blood :club:
I stand corrected.....I amend that to "chlorophyllthirsty". :shock:
Are animals that kill and eat other animals horribly sinful? They should be punished too. The little bug doesn't deserve to be killed and eaten by the lizard who is killed and eaten by the snake who is killed and eaten by the Eagle who poops to feed the plants that feed the little bugs.... What a horrible vicious cycle our Creator has made....
somewhat fair point. but isn't there a difference between a lizard needing to eat the bug (their digestive tract cant crack the code of cellulose) whereas in human beings, it is NOT a necessity to eat meat. dont get me wrong, i am currently not a vegetarian but just trying to say there is a difference.in regards to the last sentence "What a horrible vicious cycle our Creator has made", did u mean it in a sarcastic way? this is not a forum to discuss that topic so i won't go there. but you did make an "interesting" point. if i were bestowed with super duper powers, i'd have made human capable of photosynthesis (i hate to see those poor kids dying of starvation) and all living things incapable of even questioning my existence :club: .. how cool would that be!

Basically the only point i was trying to make by starting this thread, was the simple fact that almost every vegetarian has to throw their views onto us meat eaters. I could care less, I dont try to convert every vegiterian so it's so rediculous. I don't care for the fact that while I eat my steak i have to go through how it was processed and how i'm such a bastard for eating it. It's like a straight person trying to convert someone who's gay, it just shouldn't be done. Even though i guess people try to do that too, go figure.

na3rok, learn to spell before attempting to have a reasonable discussion about this.I'm not sure who you meet but all the vegans and vegetarians I know do not push they views on others. However, they do have lots of valid points.Meanwhile, what you are doing in this thread is EXACTLY what you yell at vegetarians for. So, accept the hypocrisy or pick another path. I realize you have to counter all the anti-meat propaganda out there but seriously it's going to be a chicken vs egg battle over who tried to convert who first. (The better money is on the meat industry - like wise chicken vs egg = egg first unless you are a strict creationist).Many Americans are reducing their (red) meat intake (like me) and this is viewed by most medical professionals as a good thing. That's all I will say while I am defrosting a ribeye steak for dinner tonight.DN shares his life with us in his blog, to bash him for this is pretty stupid. He's a vegetarian and its his personal blog. Don't try to censor him or complain, when you have equal opportunity to post your contrary views in HIS forum.

"They had several dishes on the menu that didn’t include any tortured or slaughtered animals or carcasses at all."Animals being prepared for my grill are not tortured. They are bred to be slaughtered and then eaten by man. If you want to avoid eating meat and dairy products fine, but please let's not get carried away with descriptions that distort the facts and are the writings of some wacko who only has his/her agenda in mind and not the health of animals that exist only to be consumed by man.

I couldn't agree more.  And there are a lot of times where PETA needs to seriously S.T.F.U.
Has anyone seen the Pen & Teller show Bullshit? They have one about PETA and its awesome. I suggest watching it because they totally call them out on everything. It was on Cinemax or soemthing like that but now they are out on DVD and I own both seasons. Great show!Anyway, yeah people can eat whatever they want. I am not a vegetarian but I am attempting to eat healthier foods and I have started to eat meat in less amounts. I used to have at least one serving of meat a day. Now I have cut back and have only been eating about 3 or 4 servings a week. I'm not becoming a vegetarian, its just that there are other things out there that are healthier than a big steak or something like that. Thats my take on it. I don't condemn one way or the other. Just eat, drink, and enjoy yourself.

I think Bull_shi!! is one of the best informative shows on tv. Showtime is definitely about pushing the boundaries and against the status quo. I'm surprised DN is not a big fan. Right or wrong they make a lot of great arguments in a great format.I had heard things before about Mother Teresa but they really opened my eyes there. Yes, they rail on Mother Teresa and portray her as a bit of a sicko.