**the Official "toronto Maple Leafs Suck" Thread**

obviously Burke didn't personally scout the Monster, I don't think anyone was claiming that. He did do the leg work and everything else necessary to get him signed though, and for that, he should be commended.
Burke can also be commended for building a battling for last place hockey team too!
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You got my hopes up, jerk.

Some good news from Leaf land....Carlyle has figured out how to work the toaster.

Can Kypreos be a bigger douche? just a voice for every player in negotiations.   "Dion wants 50million+ over 7yrs, and Newport Sports has the stats to prove why he deserves it" STFU

Posted Images

Burke can also be commended for building a battling for last place hockey team too!
Hey it seemed like a really good improvement on paper. It's not totally his fault if the leafs are such a disappointment, again.
Hey it seemed like a really good improvement on paper. It's not totally his fault if the leafs are such a disappointment, again.
Gainey, on the other hand, has done a bang up job of revamping his roster. I'm especially impressed at how he was able to unload a blue chip defensive prospect and a proven 2nd liner in order to get his hands on that beautiful gomez contract, especially since no other GM in the league would have touched that contract with a ten-foot hockey stick. $7m is not too much to pay for a career 2nd line center, don't listen to the haters. And Gionta? well, he had one good year 2 years ago, good job on getting him signed up long term too. I also have to mention gainey's genius move in 2007, trading away his starting goaltender at the trade deadline on the cusp of a potential stanley cup run. And without that 2nd round pick, you wouldn't have been able to acquire Mathieu schneider at last years deadline, and without Schneider, you guys would have had no chance at a deep playoff run in 2008! Who cares that it didn't work out? At least it helped out hugely with Carey Price's confidence. And prospect development is very important. The fact that all of your young players have nose dived in the last 2 years is not indicative of Gainey's mismanagement and general lack of competence, oh no, he is a genius.Don't worry, I know you guys are proud of your 8-11 record, but it's only going to get better, you are in good hands, afterall.
Gainey, on the other hand, has done a bang up job of revamping his roster. I'm especially impressed at how he was able to unload a blue chip defensive prospect and a proven 2nd liner in order to get his hands on that beautiful gomez contract, especially since no other GM in the league would have touched that contract with a ten-foot hockey stick. $7m is not too much to pay for a career 2nd line center, don't listen to the haters. And Gionta? well, he had one good year 2 years ago, good job on getting him signed up long term too. I also have to mention gainey's genius move in 2007, trading away his starting goaltender at the trade deadline on the cusp of a potential stanley cup run. And without that 2nd round pick, you wouldn't have been able to acquire Mathieu schneider at last years deadline, and without Schneider, you guys would have had no chance at a deep playoff run in 2008! Who cares that it didn't work out? At least it helped out hugely with Carey Price's confidence. And prospect development is very important. The fact that all of your young players have nose dived in the last 2 years is not indicative of Gainey's mismanagement and general lack of competence, oh no, he is a genius.Don't worry, I know you guys are proud of your 8-11 record, but it's only going to get better, you are in good hands, afterall.
Good job pointing out all the shitty moves Gainey has done in the past 2 years. Please accept my friend request.PS: BTW, if Gomez is really a 2nd line center, what is John Mitchell? I think i may have found another flaw in the leafs.PPS: Higgins could be a ''proven'' 2nd liner maybe on the leafs. But then again, you guys have a 4th liner on your first line.
Good job pointing out all the shitty moves Gainey has done in the past 2 years. Please accept my friend request.PS: BTW, if Gomez is really a 2nd line center, what is John Mitchell? I think i may have found another flaw in the leafs.PPS: Higgins could be a ''proven'' 2nd liner maybe on the leafs. But then again, you guys have a 4th liner on your first line.
lol @ comparing Gomez with Mitchell. Obviously Gomez is a better player, he is also signed for 5 more years at 7+ Million, which is a laughably bad contract for a player who has had one season over 70 points and one season (same season) over 16 goals in his career. Such a ridiculous comparison on so many levels. Your ignorance is showing. John Mitchell has played 2 games on our top line (top line is used loosely, as we cycle 3 lines fairly equally), and has been used predominantly on the 'third' line for the past two years. He is also making 487,000 this year. Again, good comparison.and lol @ thinking those were all of Gainey's poor decisions in the last 2 years, just a sample my friend.

You guys who argue about Leafs/Habs all day realize there are 28 other teams you have to beat, right?You all sound like politicians who have nothing going for them, and no sound arguments, so your response is to just degrade your nearest foe.The Habs having small forwards doesnt make the Leafs better, and the Leafs having Mitchell/Stajan as their #1 C doesn't mean Habs get the Cup by default.Then again, if beating the team within a 500km distance from you is what gets you up in the morning, all the more power to you.

You guys who argue about Leafs/Habs all day realize there are 28 other teams you have to Can't beat, right?Then again, if beating the team within a 500km distance from you is what gets you up in the morning, all the more power to you.
the further away the playoffs get, the more important it is to cherish other victories when and if they occur, imo :club:
lol @ comparing Gomez with Mitchell. Obviously Gomez is a better player, he is also signed for 5 more years at 7+ Million, which is a laughably bad contract for a player who has had one season over 70 points and one season (same season) over 16 goals in his career. Such a ridiculous comparison on so many levels. Your ignorance is showing. John Mitchell has played 2 games on our top line (top line is used loosely, as we cycle 3 lines fairly equally), and has been used predominantly on the 'third' line for the past two years. He is also making 487,000 this year. Again, good comparison.and lol @ thinking those were all of Gainey's poor decisions in the last 2 years, just a sample my friend.
You are amusing. I didn't want to point out that even though your last post about Gainey was ridiculous as i wasn't sarcastic at all about Ryan Burke as he did improve the leafs a bunch (on paper, which is all he could realistically do) since i didn't want to get as seriously involved as you did. I simply pointed out many (yet not all) little ridiculous and exaggerated statements of yours while making some more fun of the leafs (as if you didn't expect that in this thread). Not that anyone would question Gainey being a bad GM (seriously what did you try to prove)This post is just as bad as your first as you again failed to understand my post. I didn't compare Gomez to Mitchell, i made fun of your statement saying Gomez is a 2nd liner (just like Higgins LOL) when he could be a 1st on MANY teams and then made fun of leafs for having Mitchell on your first, which just shows your team is much more pathetic than you leafs fan clearly fail to see.
You guys who argue about Leafs/Habs all day realize there are 28 other teams you have to beat, right?You all sound like politicians who have nothing going for them, and no sound arguments, so your response is to just degrade your nearest foe.The Habs having small forwards doesnt make the Leafs better, and the Leafs having Mitchell/Stajan as their #1 C doesn't mean Habs get the Cup by default.Then again, if beating the team within a 500km distance from you is what gets you up in the morning, all the more power to you.
I think you may be missing the point of this thread. :club:
Don't get the wrong idea. The leafs/habs ''rivalry'' is overrated, it's all about the bruins/habs really. I used to somewhat like the leafs (especially a handful of players like Kaberle) but their fans just makes it really difficult when your real love are the habs. Just look at serge for example.
Don't get the wrong idea. The leafs/habs ''rivalry'' is overrated, it's all about the bruins/habs really. I used to somewhat like the leafs (especially a handful of players like Kaberle) but their fans just makes it really difficult when your real love are the habs. Just look at serge for example.
just curious, have you passed 3rd grade english class??
funny how you post a pic of a HUGE leafs fan.. :club:
A huge leaf fan, who, as an ironic note, has turned into a complete *******. I had quite a few friends on the set of Love Guru, and you weren't allowed to SPEAK OR MAKE EYE CONTACT WITH Mr. MYERS. Penalty for doing so was immediate termination.
A huge leaf fan, who, as an ironic note, has turned into a complete *******. I had quite a few friends on the set of Love Guru, and you weren't allowed to SPEAK OR MAKE EYE CONTACT WITH Mr. MYERS. Penalty for doing so was immediate termination.
i SO wanted to love that movie..I couldnt ...Even though the premise was amazing.Well we did win the CUP..Cue the "only way Leafs win the cup is in the movies" jokes
i SO wanted to love that movie..I couldnt ...Even though the premise was amazing.Well we did win the CUP..Cue the "only way Leafs win the cup is in crappy movies" jokes