Rack 'em!

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this game is the worst thing that's ever happened to me.Also, I can't break 20K I suck so bad yet I can't stop. I also don't know how you guys can reach 50K+ (Let alone cracking 70K). How are u this fast? Please record a video somehow.Must learn.
Tips:- Line up your shot, before the line has come back up (to save time)- Try to take as many shots as possible 'along the cushion', rather than across the table (allows for more error)- Try to pot balls without touching the sides (You get more points - I only realized this fairly recently)- Re-start the game if you scratch early/don't have a good break off/mess up the first 2 racks, because you're wasting your time trying to get a good score unless you can build a high mulitplier early.- Don't bother with spin, apart from the break (topspin).- Generally, less power on shots is good = more cueball control and less chance of scratching.- Be quicker???Also... how would I record a video? I would, if I knew how, but I'm generally rubbish when it comes to computer stuff like that. Actually, it would be pretty cool to know how do do that anyway, not only for this.
I got bored and recorded one of my games. Video is HUGE though.
What program do you use for this?

Ok, I now have a YouTube account, and learned a lot tonight about recording/splitting videos! So I've uploaded a video (had to split it into 2 parts, because it's 13 minutes long).It's not a particularly good game but I just wanted to do a video, scored 59k, didn't get up to 4 on the multiplier until rack 4.. and scratched 3 times. I'll do another if/when I beat my high score.

Enjoy!
  • 2 weeks later...

I play a game or two of this almost everyday and my personal best is still only like 33K+. Also I think it's the reason I keep getting headaches.

86k on 9ball.. Physics on the game seem quite a bit off compared to the 8 ball version (insanely long and perfect rail shots nonwithstanding). I had big expectations for 9ball.. not nearly as well done, sadly.

86k on 9ball.. Physics on the game seem quite a bit off compared to the 8 ball version (insanely long and perfect rail shots nonwithstanding). I had big expectations for 9ball.. not nearly as well done, sadly.
I noticed that as well.
9ballgov.jpgI agree the physics are off and in fact I find the balls roll faster/further. The game is rather beatable because it's easy to cheat. There's no penalty for scratching so its easy to get in position for a 9ball shot (Look at my accuracy as an example)
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...