Wpt Bellagio Day 2 Thread

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Negreanu Gets Pearl JammedMonday, December 15, 2008 01:24 PM PST On a board of Q53 Jon "PearlJammer" Turner checks from the big blind to Daniel Negranu who bets 3,200. Turner check raises to 8,400 and Negreanu moves all in. Turner calls instantly and shows QQ for top set. Negreanu has two pair with 53. The board fails to bring Negreanu a much needed miracle and he is left with under 5,000.
Ouch.

I just lost a 140,500 chip pot with AK vs AA aipf. I built up to 90,000 chips easily and then 4-bet and got it all-in vs. AA.I was at 23,500 after the hand but I have 28,000+ right now.

gg Daniel, Hang on Fluff you can do it

What happened to small ball?
We don't see preflop action, but since daniel bet 3,200 on the flop, we know the hand was raised PF. There is one plausible hand ahead of him and quite a few someone like pearjammed can have here that daniel has a bunch of equity against. small ball doesn't mean "NEVER EVER EVER PUT CHIPS IN THE POT, NO MATTER HOW GOOD YOUR HAND".
We don't see preflop action, but since daniel bet 3,200 on the flop, we know the hand was raised PF. There is one plausible hand ahead of him and quite a few someone like pearjammed can have here that daniel has a bunch of equity against. small ball doesn't mean "NEVER EVER EVER PUT CHIPS IN THE POT, NO MATTER HOW GOOD YOUR HAND".
Im really not disagreeing with you but just making a few assumptions here, Im guessing that when he was starring down the reraise there is about $20,000 in the pot and $35 - 40,000 in his stack. I dunno.
Im really not disagreeing with you but just making a few assumptions here, Im guessing that when he was starring down the reraise there is about $20,000 in the pot and $35 - 40,000 in his stack. I dunno.
so he could call and have at, or less than, a pot sized bet left going into a turn where he would have a very difficult decision if paint comes, or recognize that jon knows he both a) takes lots of stabs at pots and B) doesn't want to play a ton of big pots without big hands. With that information, we know jon can be raising a ton of Qx, as well as getting tricky w/ KK, AA and the odd 46, etc. So daniel's options were: calling and having a potentially tougher decision on the turn w/ 1 bet left folding two pair raising an amount that has him 100% committed anyway shoving with a ton of equity in both fold equity and actual equity against most of jon's raising range if he gets called.

go looshle, and Algg Fluff, don't worry your big time win will come

Sigh :club::ts:D2 mins before the 1st break a very loose weak player, who I reraised 2 times already and I tilted him into playing very poorly earlier in the level, opens UTG +1 to 2,200 chips at 400/800/100 ante level. I have AKos and move in for 25,700 total knowing because he knows I've been crushing him he will likely not fold ATos, KQ hands. He calls and has QQ and the board bricks out.Thanks for rooting for me to do well. I was playing so incredibly well the entire trip it feels disgusting to go out this way after playing sick in all the prelims and running bad in seemingly almost every key spot in every tourney since I've got to Vegas. It can be difficult to refocus all your energy on a new live tourney after playing as well as you can and making it deep several times in a row only to fall short each time. I am very proud of myself that I did not fall into the trap of feeling down on myself and playing poorly even though that would have been easy to do. I played my A+ game in every tourney I was in and did the best I could. I really felt a win was right arround the corner if I played my best.Gl all!

Sigh :club::ts:D2 mins before the 1st break a very loose weak player, who I reraised 2 times already and I tilted him into playing very poorly earlier in the level, opens UTG +1 to 2,200 chips at 400/800/100 ante level. I have AKos and move in for 25,700 total knowing because he knows I've been crushing him he will likely not fold ATos, KQ hands. He calls and has QQ and the board bricks out.Thanks for rooting for me to do well. I was playing so incredibly well the entire trip it feels disgusting to go out this way after playing sick in all the prelims and running bad in seemingly almost every key spot in every tourney since I've got to Vegas. It can be difficult to refocus all your energy on a new live tourney after playing as well as you can and making it deep several times in a row only to fall short each time. I am very proud of myself that I did not fall into the trap of feeling down on myself and playing poorly even though that would have been easy to do. I played my A+ game in every tourney I was in and did the best I could. I really felt a win was right arround the corner if I played my best.Gl all!
gg man. let me know if you wanna get a drink or grab a bite to eat this week.
Seated at the other end of my table....Clonie Gowan and Howard Lederer. Where can I find a Miracle Ear 2000 at 10:15 AM????? You just KNOW something is going to blow up.
i think you mean clownie gowan
107k, peeled an AT4 flop with 23 turned a 5. Mortenson bet/called with A9 and shoved when river rolled off a 9
I'm rooting for you to win, even if it cost me $50
107k, peeled an AT4 flop with 23 turned a 5. Mortenson bet/called with A9 and shoved when river rolled off a 9
Gl! :D:ts:4h:D:club: