Illinois Governor Just Arrested!

Rather than attempt to argue with the statements I made, you chose to ignore them... making a stupid association to a douche bag from this forum.Weak.
No you just make liberals look bad and I dont want people thinking that we all think like you.I can call you Janeane Garofalo instead if you want.
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the uninitiated, why does the governor of Illinois get to chose the senator?Is this a state specific case or is it only in the case of vacancies? If so, why don't they just call an election whenever a seat is vacated?
it's written into the Illinois State Constitution that the governor has the power to name Senatorial replacements
it's written into the Illinois State Constitution that the governor has the power to name Senatorial replacements
Now he'll be able to name who gets to be Senator of Cell 22.
Now he'll be able to name who gets to be Senator of Cell 22.
with any luck that will happen...I want that asshole goneHe's a typical Chicago politican who believes that Illinois runs from the intersection of I-80 & I-39 and goes northeast. I don't have any respect for anyone considers Champaign, Springfield, Decatur, Bloomington, Peoria, and Effingham as "southern Illinois."

I love how the press still avoids to mention at all costs that this guy is a Democrat.I mean, we all know it's obvious, but the point is if this guy were a Republican they'd have welded a scarlet 'R' to his forehead and every "Breaking News!" lead in would start with "disgraced Republican Governor....." You know I am right so don't even argue this plzthx.

So not to start any conspiracy theories... who me?But the prosecutor on this Blego thing was Patrick Fitzgerald, a guy who kept investigating Scooter Libby 2 months after he knew Richard Armitage blew Valeria Plame's cover, not Scooter. What kind of name is scooter?So Mr. "I'm not going to stop for anything" prosecutor gets an investigation going, wire tapping this Blago nutball, and just when it looks like he's going to actually commit the felony and take a bribe for the seat...Fitzgerald announces that the investigation is stopped and they give everything that Blago's said on the wiretaps to the press.I mean anyone else smell something?Blago isn't going to jail for committing any felony...because they stopped the investigation before the felonies were committed. Why would they not let someone, Jesse jr., etc, commit the felony before they stop the investigation?The rumor on the right is that the Obama transistion team got wind of the investigation and put a stop to it to either:A. Protect Obama before his name got pulled into it.B. Protect all democrats by preventing them from giving the bribe that gets them busted.C. Both.Obama says he NEVER talked to Blago about who would replace him. Really? Never?So what if he did talk to him, even told Blago he thought so and so would be a good choice to replace him. There's nothing wrong with that, make total and complete sense for him to do that. It actually makes less sense for Obama not to ever talk to Blago about it. Of course that's probably why Axelrod let slip that Obama did talk to Blago.I don't see Obama getting any dirt on him from this, yet this entire affair stinks of higher up corruption throwing a blanket on a potential fire that only would have resulted in bad guys going to jail.Problem is all the potential bad guys would have been democrats.But I guess if the bad guys are democrats....they get a pass.

Democrats run it now guys... get over it. Obama will set teh nation straight and 8 years later a republican will **** it all up again.Someone times you need to corrupt the system to achieve your goals... Hell GEorge W. will vouch for that shit!!!
It's nice to see that the Democrats when in power cannot resist misusing that power much as the GOP delighting in being morons/greedy/arrogant when they held all the cards. Pretty much a foregone conclusion that the next 8 years will feature a whole slew of Democrat scandals just as the previous 8 seemed to tilt the other way.god bless america.
Yes. The Republicans idea of homeland/border security is Sarah Palin scoping out Russia.I'm SOOO happy McCain didn't get elected, cuz who was going to stand guard??Did Bush ever tell us where the WMD's were?? Or was he too busy drilling for oil to look?
you should change your name to codepinksteve.
You can kiss my ass
check and mate. thanks for making my point.
Rather than attempt to argue with the statements I made, you chose to ignore them... making a stupid association to a douche bag from this forum.Weak.
This exchange is fantastic.Steve, I wouldn't consider what you've been posting 'statements'. You seem like a troll, asking a question and immediately discounting the answer and insulting those who you are addressing.Also,
Someone times you need to corrupt the system to achieve your goals
No one will engage you or otherwise give you credit for being anything but a troll when you post trash like this.I would venture a guess that based on this thread only, most people would agree that you've taken the master douche award.If you're really looking to have a conversation or debate, show a little respect for everyone involved, and your results will improve. This is going in one ear and out the other though, right?

Also, Is Emanuel the adviser on gov tape?MUM | Obama's chief of staff refuses to answer the question President-elect Barack Obama’s chief of staff, Rahm Emanuel, refused to take questions from reporters this morning about whether he was the Obama “advisor” named in the criminal complaint against Gov. Rod Blagojevich.The complaint states Blagojevich wanted a promise of a high-level appointment or some other reward for Blagojevich in exchange for Blagojevich naming Obama’s friend Valerie Jarrett to replace him in the U.S. Senate.PHOTO GALLERYBlago through the yearsRELATED STORIESJesse Jackson Jr. may not be in the clear with feds Complete coverage: Blagobusted.comEmanuel was uncharacteristically absent from Obama’s news conference this morning. He was spotted two hours later in the lobby of Chicago’s City Hall. He was there to listen to his two children performing in a concert with their school, Anshe Emet.A Sun-Times reporter pressed him to comment about whether he was the emissary named in the criminal complaint.“You’re wasting your time,” Emanuel said. “I’m not going to say a word to you. I’m going to do this with my children. Don't do that. I’m a father. I have two kids. I’m not going to do it.”Asked, “Can’t you do both?” Emanuel replied, “I’m not as capable as you. I’m going to be a father. I’m allowed to be a father,” and he pushed the reporter’s digital recorder away.Blagojevch was caught on tape saying that he wanted the Obama advisor in question to know what Blagojevich wanted in exchange for the Jarrett appointment.Blagojevich said, “He asks me for the fifth CD thing, I want it to be in his head.” Emanuel represents the 5th Congressional District in Illinois.No one in the Obama campaign or administration has been charged with any wrongdoing. Obama said this morning that none of his staff has had a hand in any dealmaking on his Senate replacement.

Also, Is Emanuel the adviser on gov tape?MUM | Obama's chief of staff refuses to answer the question President-elect Barack Obama’s chief of staff, Rahm Emanuel, refused to take questions from reporters this morning about whether he was the Obama “advisor” named in the criminal complaint against Gov. Rod Blagojevich.The complaint states Blagojevich wanted a promise of a high-level appointment or some other reward for Blagojevich in exchange for Blagojevich naming Obama’s friend Valerie Jarrett to replace him in the U.S. Senate.PHOTO GALLERYBlago through the yearsRELATED STORIESJesse Jackson Jr. may not be in the clear with feds Complete coverage: Blagobusted.comEmanuel was uncharacteristically absent from Obama’s news conference this morning. He was spotted two hours later in the lobby of Chicago’s City Hall. He was there to listen to his two children performing in a concert with their school, Anshe Emet.A Sun-Times reporter pressed him to comment about whether he was the emissary named in the criminal complaint.“You’re wasting your time,” Emanuel said. “I’m not going to say a word to you. I’m going to do this with my children. Don't do that. I’m a father. I have two kids. I’m not going to do it.”Asked, “Can’t you do both?” Emanuel replied, “I’m not as capable as you. I’m going to be a father. I’m allowed to be a father,” and he pushed the reporter’s digital recorder away.Blagojevch was caught on tape saying that he wanted the Obama advisor in question to know what Blagojevich wanted in exchange for the Jarrett appointment.Blagojevich said, “He asks me for the fifth CD thing, I want it to be in his head.” Emanuel represents the 5th Congressional District in Illinois.No one in the Obama campaign or administration has been charged with any wrongdoing. Obama said this morning that none of his staff has had a hand in any dealmaking on his Senate replacement.
When this thing was exposed my first question was why now. Why not let it play out and lets catch all the Rats. Prosecutor sure didn't act like this when he did the Plame deal. He knew the source right up front yet he carried his witch hunt on forever.