a day at ohio state with daniel

Ok, it wasnt' a full day, but it was censored cool. I had the opportunity to meet AlexHoops and Fryer98. They're both great guys and we had alot of fun. I met a couple of other FCP'ers, but I'm not sure of their screen names. It was a freakin blast, and we got a few FCP pics with Daniel. Also caught Daniel red handed with the Krablar :D As for the tournament, we started with 2000 in chips and the blinds started at 5-10, going up every 10 mins. The blind structure sucked, but they were forced to do it that way with that many people. There were 330 people at 33 tables, and each table played down to 1 winner, shoot out style. I was fortunate enough to win my table, as was AlexHoops and another FCP'er whose screen name I don't know. Anyways, we all 3 got seated at the same table in the final 33 (3 tables, 11 handed). Sadly to say none of us made the final table, but I was the last FCP standing (bragging rights! :club: )Daniel is as down to earth as he seems on TV, and really seemed to be a geniunely good guy. While he was signing autographs, he did steal my sharpie...Daniel, you owe me one. You can make it up to me by staking me in the WSOP main event. Here is my favorite part of the day:Daniel: "Are those really MarionSauce's real pictures on there?"Fryer: "Yeah she has a bunch of them posted."Daniel: "Really, she has a bunch of them posted?!?!?!?!" (Daniel obviously was inferring they were of the sexual nature. :D :shock: )Daniel was laughing and joking with us the whole time. He was really great and gave a pretty good speech as well. It was definitely a great experience, and I would like to thank Daniel for taking the time to visit Ohio State. He also said Barry Greenstein is hard to get along with :D Imagine that.Here are some pics from today, Fryer said he would have some soon as well:http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/s_dogg1032/a...lbum?.dir=/6197

I'm next to Daniel in the Blue Shirt, AlexHoops is next to me in the red, Fryer is behind Daniel with his head cut out, and I believe that DCWildcat is next to Daniel on the other side, not for sure though. Not sure about everyone else.

Today was alot of fun. It was fun meeting everyone and talking poker for a day. I left feeling disappointed. Beating the first table seemed to be the difficult part. After that I figured it would a cakewalk to the final table. I ran into a little bad luck, but all in all it was well worth it ($40 from best buy is nice too). The final table is still playing at the moment but I had to get back to write an essay for class. I'm interested in Daniels take on 'Doyle'

There was some guy there who thought he was king censored, and was winning every race...he even busted out a copy of super system and quoted it. He was all in with a pair of 3's vs Q's, and 5 clubs hit the board to make it a split pot, or else he would've been one of the 1st people of the final 33 out. The guy was a total tool, but thought he was the second coming of Doyle Brunson. He said he plays "professionally", but if he does, I need to find out where ASAP...If he can do it, I know I can.I was pretty disappointed as well...I wanted to play at the final table with Daniel. Didn't catch any cards to play, and with the blinds so high, there wasn't much I could do. Alex got cards to play, they just didn't work out too well for him. All in all it was a great time though.Alex, good to meet you man. We always have room in my home game in Westerville if you want in. Shoot me a PM if you wanna play, we'd be glad to have you.

That's me in the button down white shirt, looking at the wrong camera 8) Awesome meeting you guys. Sorry none of us made it. I happened to be one of the first 30 or so eliminated. Here's how it went down:Villain had, on the hand before, called two raises with 48s from middle, flop came A62, he called a bet, turn was a 3, he called a BIG bet (half his stack), river was a 5, he called another bet and got a decent amount of chips from that straight.So the guy was a fish.A few hands later the hand came up.Blinds 10/20, Hero has 2000 UTG, Villain has 2500 in button, BB has 1700Hero dealt A :) A :club:***Preflop***: Hero raises 100. 6 folds to button who calls. SB folds, BB calls. Standard raise for the table; I fully expected to have all my chips in the middle in this one (only the aforementioned hand had gone to the river without that happening).***Flop***: Q :D 10 :D 4 :D (330)BB checks, Hero checks, Button bets 200, BB folds, Hero raises to 600, button pushes all-in and hero calls. Button holds 4 :) 4 :) and the rest is history...

There was some guy there who thought he was king censored, and was winning every race...he even busted out a copy of super system and quoted it. He was all in with a pair of 3's vs Q's, and 5 clubs hit the board to make it a split pot, or else he would've been one of the 1st people of the final 33 out. The guy was a total tool, but thought he was the second coming of Doyle Brunson. He said he plays "professionally", but if he does, I need to find out where ASAP...If he can do it, I know I can..
That man is the worst guy ever. Period. Think of Scott Fischman's attitude, Barry Greenstein's arrogance and the skill of that one annoying high school kid who always criticizes everyone's play, then jumps up and down and pounds his fist when he hits his gutshot. Yeah, that guy. Well, "fatty mcfaterson" (as I dubbed him) was all that rolled into one. Boilermakers picked up a ridiculously obvious tell on him after about 3 hands (he saw the first 6 or so at the final table; on at least one he called with 46o from UTG).Ship 'em over...

I was pretty surprised at how good the thing was. Obviously the blind schedule was unavoidably terrible, the competition was fishy, and that fat guy was really annoying. But the tables and chips were of very good quality, the people were generally friendly, and snacks were provided. And Daniel's one chill mofo 8)

That's me in the button down white shirt, looking at the wrong camera 8) Awesome meeting you guys. Sorry none of us made it. I happened to be one of the first 30 or so eliminated. Here's how it went down:Villain had, on the hand before, called two raises with 48s from middle, flop came A62, he called a bet, turn was a 3, he called a BIG bet (half his stack), river was a 5, he called another bet and got a decent amount of chips from that straight.So the guy was a fish.A few hands later the hand came up.Blinds 10/20, Hero has 2000 UTG, Villain has 2500 in button, BB has 1700Hero dealt A :) A :club:***Preflop***: Hero raises 100. 6 folds to button who calls. SB folds, BB calls. Standard raise for the table; I fully expected to have all my chips in the middle in this one (only the aforementioned hand had gone to the river without that happening).***Flop***: Q :D 10 :D 4 :D (330)BB checks, Hero checks, Button bets 200, BB folds, Hero raises to 600, button pushes all-in and hero calls. Button holds 4 :) 4 :) and the rest is history...
If you don't know when to fold AA you will always be the fish.
Such as when I have an overpair with a nonthreatening board against a fish who spent half of his stack on a running gutshot straight? I forgot to mention the ridiculous blind schedule, as well as the fact that there had been an all-in one out of every 3 hands, even with the blinds at 1/200 of our stacks. Does that change your opinion?

Hey S_Dogg and all others in the Columbus area, when do you regularly hold a game? I am on the east side in Gahanna and am looking for one to get into. IM me on AOL, my name is DrewOU or send me an e-mail and let me know if you are interested; drewou14@hotmail.com. All of us in and around Columbus should try and get something going.

I will give my take on the day tomorrow sometime....If anyone wants the pictures I have, PM me and I'll e-mail them out tomorrow.I'm beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeat.

Such as when I have an overpair with a nonthreatening board against a fish who spent half of his stack on a running gutshot straight? I forgot to mention the ridiculous blind schedule, as well as the fact that there had been an all-in one out of every 3 hands, even with the blinds at 1/200 of our stacks. Does that change your opinion?
I agree with LAPoker here... you were married to your pocket rockets.First, let me say that I really liked all of your play up until the all-in call. The check-raise on the flop is particularly nice in loose games. Here's my read on the post-flop play:First, the example that you gave us about the fish's style didn't tell us much about his all-in style -- it just revealed that he was a fish.Second, I wonder what kind of hands you put him on to go all-in (essentially for his tournament life) against a strong raise. Let's assume that he is extremely fishy and doesn't even give much thought to what you may have -- he's only (or mostly) just playing his cards. What could he have and what would the results be for these hands? My likely guesses:Fish winsTrips (x3)Two pair (x3)Hero winsKKQQ (i.e., Qx in the hole)PushAAUnknown outcomeStraight draw (most likely good for Hero)Note that I am ruling out runner-runner flush draws, as he did not go all-in with his previous "straight draw".Anyway, even if you include the straight draw as a win for Hero, you win only 3 of these, lose 6, and tie 1. Do you like these odds? It seems to me that you were counting on two things happening: 1) the fish not getting good cards, AND 2) the fish playing stupidly. You put your tournament life on the line hoping (only hoping) that both of these were true. I personally try my best not to do this. Even fish get good cards sometimes. :x Also, if he is savvy enough and has enough balls to bluff in this situation, then I say that you have to respect it unless you know he is a bluffing maniac.I imagine that you were one of the better players at the tourney, so I really wished you had given yourself a chance to push your money in when you had the nuts (e.g., if an A had popped up on the flop) rather than when you just guessed that you had the nuts. Losing half of your stack certainly would have sucked, but losing it all sucked more I imagine.Sorry to hear about the bad beat... I hope things work out better next time.Just my 2 cents.

I'm glad you went yesterday and got to meet Daniel and play cards with him. I had planned on going but alas it was not meant to be. LOL. I spent to much time in the sun working in the yard and ended up with sun poisoning. In the last twelve years I haven't tanned or burned and i spend a lot of time outside, the one day I wanna do something what happens, I end up sick as a dog.Oh well if it wasn't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all. LOL.

I notice no girls in the tourney pics.  Did any girls play at all?
I would guess, from what I saw, that there were 20ish. A 50-ish woman actually won my table. Drew out 4-5 times all-in in the last 30 mins. Went out 1st of the last 33. She was REAL bad. Asked me questions on terms and betting every 5 minutes.
Hey S_Dogg and all others in the Columbus area, when do you regularly hold a game? I am on the east side in Gahanna and am looking for one to get into. IM me on AOL, my name is DrewOU or send me an e-mail and let me know if you are interested; drewou14@hotmail.com. All of us in and around Columbus should try and get something going.
Yes Definitly. I wish I knew about the people on this forum meeting up. I'm relativly new to FCP, but I'm a regular on the RGP boards. To Rich, once again you got the oppertunity of a lifetime. Congrats. The closest I've come was playing Erik Seidel heads up in an Omaha 8/b SNG. He promptly crushed me, but even that was a thrill. I'm sure the live game was 10 times better. But I'm down to get invovled in any game, not just NLHE. My name is FreakzillaE on IM and my email is smith.4417@osu.edu

I completely disagree. Given the blind structure and the fact that the player could make that play with any Q, KJ, or J9, calling with the aces is mandatory. Leaving himself with under T2k with rapidly escallating blinds is weak tight suicide. If he bet 2-300 and the guy moved in, he might be able to get away, but not how he played it.Joe