The Official James Neal Thread

see this is the type of shit that tilts me..Those were throw ins...you understand that right..The next person to make a post about this trade i will pick two players from their fantasy team and put a MAJOR curse on them..I am serious.
My team is so cursed it can't get any worse so I will continue to comment. :PYes I know they were throw ins but they were so glaringly bad players for our type of pools that my little brain could only register that.Trust me, I am not at all trying to dog you in any way shape or form. Shit, ask an FCHL guy to talk about all my trades. I don't think I made one decent trade yet.
  • Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My team is so cursed it can't get any worse so I will continue to comment. :PYes I know they were throw ins but they were so glaringly bad players for our type of pools that my little brain could only register that.Trust me, I am not at all trying to dog you in any way shape or form. Shit, ask an FCHL guy to talk about all my trades. I don't think I made one decent trade yet.
sorry Steve...i have to follow through on my promise
sorry Steve...i have to follow through on my promise
Fair enoughHossa, Marian 0 0 0 0.0 15 RFA Dubinsky, Brandon 12 3 6 6.0 5.25 RFA Sykora, Petr 6 1 0 1.0 3.75 RFA Brunnstrom, Fabian 11 0 4 2.0 2 2 2 2 2 FA Lisin, Enver 12 3 5 5.5 1 1 1 1 1 FA Guerin, Bill 11 3 3 4.5 1.5 FA FA Burrows, Alex 0 0 0 0.0 1.25 1.25 1.25 1.25 1.25 FA Stempniak, Lee 9 2 3 3.5 1 1 1 FA FA Stoll, Jarret 12 3 7 6.5 1.5 1.5 1.5 FA FA Vrbata, Radim 10 4 1 4.5 1 1 1 1 FA FA Bernier, Steve 11 3 3 4.5 1.50 1.50 1.50 FA FA Olesz, Rostislav 9 2 2 3.0 1.00 1.00 1.00 FA FA Hecht, Jochen 8 1 1 1.5 0.25 0.25 0.25 0.25 FA FA Schremp, Rob 6 0 1 0.5 0.75 0.75 0.75 FA FA Pouliot, Benoit 9 1 1 1.5 0.75 RFA Moulson, Matt 10 5 4 7.0 0.25 0.25 FA Little, Bryan 8 0 5 2.5 0.5 0.5 0.5 FA FA Nilsson, Robert 6 1 2 2.0 0.5 0.5 0.5 FA FA McCabe, Bryan 9 0 3 1.5 6.5 RFA Oduya, David Johnny 0 0 0 0.0 4 RFA Daley, Trevor 11 1 1 1.5 1.25 1.25 1.25 1.25 1.25 FA Beauchemin, Francois 9 1 2 2.0 1.00 1.00 1.00 FA FA Gorges, Josh 11 1 1 1.5 1.75 RFA Colaiacovo, Carlo 9 1 2 2.0 0.25 0.25 0.25 0.25 FA FA Picard, Alexandre 8 1 3 2.5 0.5 RFA Commodore, Mike 2 0 2 1.0 0.5 0.5 0.5 0.5 0.5 FAGoaliesTeam GA 09/10 10/11 11/12 12/13 13/14 14/15Anaheim Ducks 0 2.5 2.75 3 FA Carolina Hurricanes 0 1.5 1.75 2 2.25 2.5 FA
see this is the type of shit that tilts me..Those were throw ins...you understand that right..The next person to make a post about this trade i will pick two players from their fantasy team and put a MAJOR curse on them..I am serious.
trade, Neal, Gothic.work your magic.
awwww. come on, I need some bad mojo.I've picked up way too many wins already.
its ok..i plan on crushing you tonite.
You got a first-line forward, playing with one of the most talented players in the league for a 4th-round pick last year.Matt Moulson. :club:
You got a first-line forward, playing with one of the most talented players in the league for a 4th-round pick last year.Matt Moulson. :club:
And I had to go on the boards and explain myself after that trade as well. Then I fuccked it up and signed him short term.

Now that Matt Moulson was mentioned, I'm pretty much obligated to mention my bad beat-James Neal story. One week ago tonight, I pulled off a trade in one of my keeper pools at our monthly "meetings". (bar, beer, hockey talk, fantasy trades) I was offered the deal around 10pm, and debated til midnight and finally took it. The trade? I gave up James Neal and Matt Moulson for Eric Staal. I'm leading this pool, and was looking for more of a guarantee top player, than the exploits shown so far by Moulson+Neal. I really like Neal, still got him in another pool, but was thinking I was selling high on him+Moulson. Or at the very least, taking the guarantee of 70pts, in a pool where my depth is better than most. (only Moulson's salary should really be considered a keeper, and even that is a stretch). Essentially what they will do this year matters. Staal got hurt in the very next game. Staal will be out a while. Now I'll never know if it COULD have been a good deal for me really, unless Neal really slumps. I pretty much blame it ALL on you guys. I asked you if I should sell high, no one spoke up. Bunch of ass-----. :club:

It boils down to: Neal+Matthias for Gerbe?+Pronger.thats essentially what that looks like to me, now being in the pool.thats not that bad a trade for Serge at the time, I dont think anyone believed Neal was that good then.I would bet anything that at the time, everyone here would have preferred Matthias to Neal.
Don't forget Tyler Kennedy. I know I'm a complete homer for him, but he's going to be at least a 40 point guy this year, and possibly even a 60 point guy in the near future. If you watched the team during the last few games he missed, then again against Anaheim, you see what he brings to the table for the Pens. A guy who could potentially score 60 points is a pretty good commodity in the AHL, too.
And I had to go on the boards and explain myself after that trade as well. Then I fuccked it up and signed him short term.
Yeah, I'm sorry for ripping you about that trade.
Don't forget Tyler Kennedy. I know I'm a complete homer for him, but he's going to be at least a 40 point guy this year, and possibly even a 60 point guy in the near future. If you watched the team during the last few games he missed, then again against Anaheim, you see what he brings to the table for the Pens. A guy who could potentially score 60 points is a pretty good commodity in the AHL, too.
you know what, I meant to include him, your absolutely right. Just missed it.Ironically enough, TFK is the depth guy Im referring to that I will use in place of Moulson after trading 2-1 in that Staal/Neal trade. I havent watched anywhere near as much as you have, but I agree, he looks good, and is capable of at least 50pts. Obv, especially playing with EM.

He hasn't played more than 10 minutes with Malkin all year, probably even less. His line with Staal and Cooke is just dynamite, though, even if they only get 3rd line even strength minutes. He's barely even getting any PP time, but it won't be long. The guys above him on the PP depth chart have been pretty abysmal lately, and I don't understand why he hasn't been given a longer look in the top 6. I know the biggest thing is that Bylsma doesn't want to break up the 3rd line, but with Malkin out, they still have him on the 3rd line. Makes no sense. He still has 5g, 3a in 12 games, with the limited ice time, so it'll just be a matter of time before he's permanently on Sid or Geno's wing, IMO.

He hasn't played more than 10 minutes with Malkin all year, probably even less. His line with Staal and Cooke is just dynamite, though, even if they only get 3rd line even strength minutes. He's barely even getting any PP time, but it won't be long. The guys above him on the PP depth chart have been pretty abysmal lately, and I don't understand why he hasn't been given a longer look in the top 6. I know the biggest thing is that Bylsma doesn't want to break up the 3rd line, but with Malkin out, they still have him on the 3rd line. Makes no sense. He still has 5g, 3a in 12 games, with the limited ice time, so it'll just be a matter of time before he's permanently on Sid or Geno's wing, IMO.
Wow, before Malkin got hurt, I thought he was playing a fair amount with him at ES. Guess not. Thanks for the update.