The Official James Neal Thread

Sens vs Panthers?:club:
Honestly, I was trying to figure out what the chances are I could get the bar to put the Pens game on the big screen, and just ignore the existence of the Sens for tonight. I think it's mid 80%.
  • Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, I was trying to figure out what the chances are I could get the bar to put the Pens game on the big screen, and just ignore the existence of the Sens for tonight. I think it's mid 80%.
Maybe a little lower -- there's the whole novelty factor of Anderson's first home game.

Yeah, eh, I don't pay attention to their attendance, really, but I would bet the people that actually bother showing up are like 3-4k fewer than the announced, at least. Why anybody would bother with the annoyance of driving to and from SBP for a game like FLA/OTT is beyond me.

Well.. that the commute of a lot of people so it's not as bad you make it out to be. Though I know a few people who live centrally, who apparently belong to the flat earth society, that refuse to go out to the west-end because it's "too far".

Look, I live downtown so I don't need to sit in my car 90 minutes each way during rush hour, every day (pretend I have a job). I just hate it so much. I would take transit if there was an adequate option.

Look, I live downtown so I don't need to sit in my car 90 minutes each way during rush hour, every day (pretend I have a job). I just hate it so much. I would take transit if there was an adequate option.
The powers that be are supposed to be extending the extra highway lanes past Kanata to Highway-7 which should help a ton but.... it's a safe bet you'll have moved by the time that's built.

Yeah, that would be nice, but all it does is promote a greater dependence on cars. They SHOULD be working on a viable alternative to driving, but anything that happens will be way past my stay in this fair city. :club:

Yeah, that would be nice, but all it does is promote a greater dependence on cars. They SHOULD be working on a viable alternative to driving, but anything that happens will be way past my stay in this fair city. :club:
Oh, I realize that hell will freeze over before Ottawa gets a proper subway/light rail systems like most major metropolises in the world (unfortunately).
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Looking back, here's a trade from September 20, 2008:To Canadian Gothic: F-Shawn Mathias-Florida Panthers F-James Neal-Dallas Stars Mustangs 1st Rd pick 2012-13 To Mustangs: D-Henrik Tallinder-Buffalo sabres D-Mike Mottau-New Jersey Devils F-Tyler Kennedy-Pittsburgh Penguins Shoot Loose's 1st Rd pick 08-09 $15.00 08-09Note: I was nice and have since traded Serge's 2012-13 1st round pick back to him.

check me out, taking pat white over james neal. I reasoned that he was a 1st round pick, therefore more likely than neal to get sniped.

That draft looks so bad for me too. We'll call it rookie mistakes.Caputi was a huge homer pick, although he had a big junior year coming in.I'm pretty sure Gustafsson has quit hockey.Myers was a hugely lucky pick, so that has worked out well, at least.Sbisa is the only thing even close to worthwhile from the supplementary draft for me.I guess getting a once-tier 1 d-man out of a draft where I only had three picks, plus the pretty low-value supp draft picks is pretty good.Plus I later traded for Eberle who is a beast, and Nemisz who shouldn't be completely written off just yet.