The Best Goal You've Ever Scored

Most of us play or have played hockey at some point in our lives. I don't remember many goals I've scored, but I'm sure we can all remember the best goal we've ever scored.I was never a great player, just average, this was the first year playing forward after playing goal for about 6 years. Just a house league game, (no body contact) I'm at the boards tied up with another guy just outside the opposing teams blue line. I see a guy on my team skating up (the best player on the team) and manage to kick the puck right on the tape of his stick as he's flying by. He goes in on a break and I break free and follow him. He shoots, goalie saves, rebound comes to me, and I backhand the puck, it hits the bottom of the crossbar and then the back of the net. What a great feeling!

Fryer has video evidence of the best goal he ever scored, needs to post it imo. Coast to coast through at least 3 guys before deking the goalie with a sweet move. I was a goalie...you bastards were scoring your beauties on me. I made sure Jason Bonsignore was never able to get one past me though...lol.

Not exactly the prettiest goal I ever scored but the most important.1997 Semi final of National Championship and we are down 1 with 10 minutes to go. I intercept a pass in the neutral zone go in down the wing (Picture Rick Vaive except a left handed shot on the other side). I take a snap shot which the goalie gets a piece of with his trapper but it still just rolls over the line. Definitely the biggest goal of my hockey career.To top it off I set up my younger brother in double overtime which gets us into the championship game the next day.

Not exactly the prettiest goal I ever scored but the most important.1997 Semi final of National Championship and we are down 1 with 10 minutes to go. I intercept a pass in the neutral zone go in down the wing (Picture Rick Vaive except a left handed shot on the other side). I take a snap shot which the goalie gets a piece of with his trapper but it still just rolls over the line. Definitely the biggest goal of my hockey career.To top it off I set up my younger brother in double overtime which gets us into the championship game the next day.
Very nice!I was thinking of making a "greatest hockey moment" thread too.

Man, I can't remember the best goal, I scored so many during minor (seriously, I was a really good sniper, but I always played single A, always led my team, but they'd never move me up the next year :D). Anyways, the most memorable goal tho, maybe the OT winner in the playoffs in pee wee. We used that OT where a player came off every minute, so we were down to 2 on 2, which is retarded. But I was taking the faceoff, outside of my own blueline, and for some reason, the other team lined up their winger across from the centre, not in a defensive position, so I decided to jam the puck forward off the faceoff, and I got past their centre, and basically dragged two guys on my back towards the goal, went forehard, then backhand and got it up over the goalie for the OT win.I also remember a roller hockey goal, which is far less impressive because I got like 6 goals per game in that retarded league, but me and this one other guy were basically huge rivals. Easily the top two players in the league, tho I think I had him beat with scoring. :club:. Anyways, he was back and I got the puck, and did that move where you go behind the left skate, off the inside of the right skate, and around him (left hand shot, think the move Mariusz Czerkawski used to do), then went backhand, forehand on the goalie and slid the puck in the open net. It was like a big '**** you' to my rival. Interesting side note about Roller hockey. I played for 2 seasons, and I had a point, at least, in every single game I played, including both games where I played goaltender, lol.Oooooh, I thought of one more goal that was awesome. We were in some tournament, playing our final game. This was in Bantam, I believe. We had tied the game up late and had the momentum until the other team got one past our goalie with 12 seconds left to take the lead. Naturally, coach puts out his go-to-guy (me :ts) for the last 12 seconds. I push the puck forward again off the draw, and chase it, it's all kinda a blur, but it gets over the blueline, but just out of my reach as the defensemen tries to clear. A teammate keeps it in, barely, and throws it at the net, since I was reaching for the d-man, I was still in the zone, about to crash the net, goalie knocks the puck down with his gloves, right onto my stick right in front of him, and I bang it home with 4 seconds left to tie it. We went on to win the game in OT.My favorite hockey "record" was that any team I'd ever played for had never lost an OT game. We didn't play many, but I was so clutch. :DGod I miss competitive hockey. I miss the feeling of being on the ice when your team needs a big goal, or being on the ice to shut down the last minute with a one-goal lead. I miss being the go-to-guy. I miss the pressure. Sigh at getting older and out of shape.

God I miss hockey. Sigh at getting older and out of shape.
I was never good enough to be super competitive or anything, but I miss playing hockey more than anything in life. I was using it as my motivation to get in shape this year, but then I screwed up my plan yet again, and am in no shape to play. :club:

NHL 09 :club:...Last nights Double OT game winner. Anyone that plays that game knows how rare goals from defenseman are. I've been kinda on a roll lately as also scored this OT game winner just the day before. Add all that to my epic goal yesterday that unfortunately I didn't get a video of it but I was clearing it out of the zone on a penalty kill and something similar to this happened.In real life...I was never lucky enough to play ice hockey so my only real organized hockey experience is outdoors on a plastic court. It's not even played on roller blades but very fun non-the less. Anyway my team was relatively new to dek hockey as most of us had never played ice hockey. Each night we faced teams that had played together for years and years. We were never the most talented group but we always outworked the other team. We played a few sessions (Summer, Spring, Fall) are got better in each one. Finally we My job was basically the Ryan Malone who wrecked havoc in front of the net. Most of my goals we're just taking out the trash. Anyway we're in the finals against a team that beat us like 8-1 earlier in the year. We've been able to keep the game to a 1-0 deficit mid-way through the 3rd and we're on a powerplay. I'm in quite the battle with some defensemen that didn't like me in front of the net along with a goalie that felt the same way and let me know by slashing me in the legs with his goalie stick. I'm getting pushed around, held, and slashed at the same time but it all was worth it when a errant shot off the boards behind the net was heading back in front of the goal. Somehow I got my stick loose and way able to lunge over to smack it out of the air and in top shelf. It was a big goal that felt even better with the beating I was taking. Tied up the game and gave our team enough energy to score the game winner a few minutes later. One of our defensemen gained the red line and shot it down in the zone. It happen to take a crazy bounce, hit the goalie, and somehow trickle threw his pads and just over the line.

I never played ice hockey but I got tons of memories as we used to play road hockey almost every day..My hero at the time Rick Vaive as you guys know and I used to emulate my play against him. Not sure if you guys recall but he had a neck injury and used to wear this neck roll and at the time I went out and bought one myself. One particular game I taunted the goalie all game and I said I am going to blast a Vaive like slapshot under the bar above your glove..And right near the end of the game, my wicked slapshot with my TPM 2020 Rick Vaive stick was the game winner just like I called it.Unfortunately the most dramatic sport moment in my life was in a baseball game. It was worthy of a hollywood movie.I used to play softball when i was around 14, and was one of the best players on the team. It was a close game and in the 4th inning I hit a towering home run over the left fielder to put our team up 4-3. Where we played there wasnt any fences so you had to run out your homeruns, and it would have to be a pretty big hit.I was playing centre field at the time and in the last inning(we played 7) we were still up 4-3 and they had the bases loaded with 2 outs . I remember this like it was yesterday, the right handed batter hit a towering drive towards the gap in right center, our right fielder at the time was pretty useless so I had to cover most of the outfield. After what seemed like an amazing run to get close , i dove with all my might and made an incredible game saving diving catch to win the game for us. The team went nuts, and they all rushed out to the outfield to mob me. They hoisted me on their shoulder and carried me back to the dugout, while chanting my name.It was the greatest sport moment in my life.

Final 2 minutes of a Peewee AA (was called B then) tournament championship game, down by 1. I intercept a pass in the neutral zone and go on a break away, deke the goalie and make him go down, and picked top shelf of his glove side. We ended up winning the game and I got the cutest 6" trophy for MVP that money can buy.

Nice, I love thinking back about this stuff so much.Highlight of my career was making it to the championship game as a goalie one year. Myself and the other team's goalie were the best in the league that year, we played to a 1-1 tie after regulation, and went to a shootout. After 5 shots we both let in 1 goal each, then it was shot for shot. We both made 2 saves, then finally my team scored and I made the save to win the hardware.

Fryer has video evidence of the best goal he ever scored, needs to post it imo. Coast to coast through at least 3 guys before deking the goalie with a sweet move.
Ha, thanks for the shout out. I'll post it from home later when I can get on myspace.Another...My Sr. year in HS. We're around #4-5 in the state, playing the no doubt #1 team that had been our rival for the previous few years. We score with 5ish minutes left to tie the game 4-4. I play D, <30 seconds left in game, future OSU captain J.B. Bittner and I are mucking for the puck in the neutral zone and it gets away from us. We push each other to get away and get coincidental roughing calls with 10 seconds left in regulation. Terrible call, especially for us, because they were a lot deeper than us and I was our best Dman. The OT was only 2 minutes then (now changed to 5 for HS) so I'm pissed and figure I'm done for the game. 10 seconds left in OT and they go offsides coming down the left wing into our zone. I jump up seeing that I can go out and yell to the coach that I'm going out. He says to get out there and take the left winger off. I line up at left wing, puck drops, I take off for the far blue line. I didn't see this part, but our center won the faceoff clean to the left dman, he trys to flip the puck up ice and it hits our center in the back or helmet and lands on the far blue line....between me and the goal. I pick it up, take a 2 hander to the back of the shin and cut me open, go to the backhand on my knees, and slide it in. As everyone says, I can remember this like it was yesterday. To make it better, 2 guys on their team also played on my travel team, so there was much trash talking for weeks and weeks...and even today if I would see them, ha. They went on to beat us later in the year (7-1), in the playoffs (7-2), and had a blow out win in the state championship game to finish 25-1...Yea....ONE...on the season, ha.Edit: While on the way to the locker room, all the fans and parents were hugging us, etc. My mom hugs me and goes, "We're heading home now, cause I peed myself when you scored!" I still make fun of her for this.Also, our goalie's mom taped the entire game, but when she saw I had an open breakaway, she started jumping up and down and filmed....ceiling, floor, ceiling, floor, ceiling, floor, ceiling, floor, ceiling, floor....Another great goal of mine in HS. Tried to wrap around, but got hit onto the back of the net. The puck was sitting on the goal line...but outside the post. There's a mad scrum and there's no way I can get a stick on the puck. I pick it up, reach around the post, and drop it in the net. Somehow, neither ref saw this, just saw that the puck was in so they had to call it a goal. Classic!
Highlight of my career was making it to the championship game as a goalie one year.
My goalie career highlight: 1 game in spring league when I was 16-17. Only goal against I tried to block a centering pass and put in myself. 1 other shot the whole game.Career stats: 1-0, .500 SAV%, 1.00 GAA
My goalie career highlight: 1 game in spring league. Only goal against I tried to block a centering pass and put in myself. 1 other shot the whole game.Career stats: 1-0, .500 SAV%, 1.00 GAA
My only goalie starts were when I was like 6 or 8 or something. I made 3. The first one was with a terrible team, we lost 8-0. I don't think we won a game all season that year, including one where the opposing team didn't have a goaltender, and played 6-5 the whole game... we were shutout in that one too, LOL.The other two, were for a much better team, and I won both games 4-0.So what I'm saying is that 2 shutouts in 3 games baby!
Over an 82 game season, that's like 54-55 shut outs on the year!!!!!
Thats almost like Luongo numbers..Well Zach is a big guy, I am sure that helped..lol
I was never good enough to be super competitive or anything, but I miss playing hockey more than anything in life. I was using it as my motivation to get in shape this year, but then I screwed up my plan yet again, and am in no shape to play. :club:
You should seriously consider taking the course and becoming a referee. I waited til I was 28 to do it, and wish every time I get on the ice I'd picked it up 10 years sooner. I'm now old, out of shape and have too much on the go to commit to a team and actually play hockey. Reffing is something I can do on my off time from work, gets me involved with the local minor hockey, puts a couple extra bucks in my pocket, and above all it's so much fun. Just this weekend I did 15 games in a local tournament. One game a team was down 3-1 with under 2 minutes to go -- pulled their goalie and scored -- then got a quick one literally right off the ensuing faceoff to tie it up, AND won it in regulation with 14 seconds left. Sickest comeback I've seen since I put on the black and whites.
You should seriously consider taking the course and becoming a referee. I waited til I was 28 to do it, and wish every time I get on the ice I'd picked it up 10 years sooner. I'm now old, out of shape and have too much on the go to commit to a team and actually play hockey. Reffing is something I can do on my off time from work, gets me involved with the local minor hockey, puts a couple extra bucks in my pocket, and above all it's so much fun. Just this weekend I did 15 games in a local tournament. One game a team was down 3-1 with under 2 minutes to go -- pulled their goalie and scored -- then got a quick one literally right off the ensuing faceoff to tie it up, AND won it in regulation with 14 seconds left. Sickest comeback I've seen since I put on the black and whites.
I don't think I could ever ref, I'd love to get in good enough shape just to go and play some pickup. I've tried once a year for the past few years, and every time I'd have to quit early, which is just embarassing. I'm looking into buying an elliptical trainer this week though and gonna try to do something right.