Why do I have to be the robusto one? :club:
fypedit: You just came out of your downswing, I'm on a 5k breakeven stretch and it sucks. I can only imagine what you went through.
  • Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fypedit: You just came out of your downswing, I'm on a 5k breakeven stretch and it sucks. I can only imagine what you went through.
Dude. 5000 breakeven is nothing. That's one day for me sometimes.
LOL

What are some of your favorite bands/artists?Will you ever come to Chicago?What are your "hobbies"?What kind of car do you drive?Are you a beer guy, or prefer mixed drinks?

1. What are some of your favorite bands/artists?2. Will you ever come to Chicago?3. What are your "hobbies"?4. What kind of car do you drive?5. Are you a beer guy, or prefer mixed drinks?
1. U-2, not really a close second.2. Been there twice. Would definitely like to go back. Probably should have planned it around this weekends events there.3. Sports really. Watching and playing. I like reading but really never get around to it.4. BMW 5. Hmmmm.....I guess both. Really depends on my mood. I really like Vodka so I do that with fruit juice or Red Bull quite a bit.
1. U-2, not really a close second.2. Been there twice. Would definitely like to go back. Probably should have planned it around this weekends events there.3. Sports really. Watching and playing. I like reading but really never get around to it.4. BMW 5. Hmmmm.....I guess both. Really depends on my mood. I really like Vodka so I do that with fruit juice or Red Bull quite a bit.
What kind of BMW?
Dude. 5000 breakeven is nothing. That's one day for me sometimes.
I understand this. That's like 1/4th of my month though. It's hard to find time to put in more than 20k hands/month when you have a full time job and only 4 table. I'm going to be adding more tables soon and I'll just have to deal with the overlap.
I understand this. That's like 1/4th of my month though. It's hard to find time to put in more than 20k hands/month when you have a full time job and only 4 table. I'm going to be adding more tables soon and I'll just have to deal with the overlap.
I have a full time job, a wife, 3 kids, and only 4 table.
I have a full time job, a wife, 3 kids, and only 4 table.
Wow. How many hours does it take you to put in 5k hands? I'm guessing thats at least 8 hours right there.
2007 335i
I think it is kind of awesome that you actually blocked NNB (too many people claim to have blocked people, yet then respond to their posts), but find it disappointing that you didn't respond to hisI think in this case he actually makes a good point; for a leader of the forum and an older poster here, as I have said before you do come off as immature and overaggressive at timesthat said, the 335i is a sweet ride
Wow. How many hours does it take you to put in 5k hands? I'm guessing thats at least 8 hours right there.
LOL. Most days I get 2500 to 3000. I have gotten 5k on occasion though.Also, Rdog, I did as a poker question amidst all the craziness. You may have missed it.
I think it is kind of awesome that you actually blocked NNB (too many people claim to have blocked people, yet then respond to their posts), but find it disappointing that you didn't respond to hisI think in this case he actually makes a good point; for a leader of the forum and an older poster here, as I have said before you do come off as immature and overaggressive at timesthat said, the 335i is a sweet ride
I think he just has little patience for bullshit and some people can't take the heat. I'm not referring to NNB or anyone else specifically.
I think he just has little patience for bullshit and some people can't take the heat. I'm not referring to NNB or anyone else specifically.
Yes, Rdog is sometimes stubborn and sometimes impatient. I would disagree with the immature part very strongly, so much so that I would say he is probably one of the more mature posters on FCP.He is also probably the single most helpful poster that I have seen since I joined this forum. Look around and see how many long term winning players give you the kind of advice that he gives out, and how often. There aren't any others that come even close.I'm pretty sure he has prior history with NNB though I don't know what it is. I guarantee you he didn't just snap out of nowhere this one time because NNB IM'd him to tell him he was shortstacking, though.
Yes, Rdog is sometimes stubborn and sometimes impatient. I would disagree with the immature part very strongly, so much so that I would say he is probably one of the more mature posters on FCP.He is also probably the single most helpful poster that I have seen since I joined this forum. Look around and see how many long term winning players give you the kind of advice that he gives out, and how often. There aren't any others that come even close.I'm pretty sure he has prior history with NNB though I don't know what it is. I guarantee you he didn't just snap out of nowhere this one time because NNB IM'd him to tell him he was shortstacking, though.
QFT. He has a system and it is a winning one. He is also very approachable and helpful. If you dont want an honest answer dont ask him
QFT. He has a system and it is a winning one. He is also very approachable and helpful. If you dont want an honest answer dont ask him
to be clear, I am not suggesting that he is not a strong contributorI am however saying that when he argues he comes of immature and often loses his point by getting overly aggressivethat is not to say that he is not a valued poster, a strong poker player, or a great mentorI know that I am often fairly aggressive in my approach at my job, but I try to tailor that to the right situations; I do not act aggressive in arguing with people I don't (or barely do) know over the Internet; and since poker and Hoodeez are parts of his job (I don't know if that is all he does) and are fairly well supported on this forum being aggressive here seems to be counterintuitive
I agree that Rdog is a huge contibutor here and gives lots of good advice and helps the community out a lot. I do not know why he has so much hate for me. The only problem I had before this whole mess was I just thought he talked a lot on skype and I didnt rly like his hoodie business (basically just understand how it could be profitable), but w/e those things are not that bad and I thought he was a cool guy. But then when I IMed him about the shortstacking it seemed he was sort of making a personal attack on me, and then he blocked me which really just bugged me the most. Then we made a few little posts in this thread, nothing big or that demeaning, but then he made that long post which I found pretty offensive for a couple reasons (telling people I have another account, saying I dont add anything to FCP, and that I have accomplished very little). I guess I deserved this since I was making fun of his company in his PM, but the accomplishing very little really bothered me obviously, but I guess I gotta learn to take it if Im gonna give it.I guess you cannot expect everyone to like you and I just have to learn to accept that. Sorry for the drama once again.
Hmmmm....before I don't really do anything. I usually get coffee and browse around on the internet for a little while so I can wake up. After, I review hands quite often.
I don't know if you're still answering questions but I was wondering if you could explain this particular point further. What type of hands to you review after your session?Why do you review right after instead say the next morning.Do you review winning hands? losing hands? Against specific players?What benefit do you get out of reviewing hands. Are you looking for leaks?How many do you review your hands? Do you go over them by yourself or do you have a sound board?Any response is greatly appreciated. thanks,Joe
What does a solid winner at low stakes have to change or learn to be a solid winner at mid stakes? For lack of a better description, assume this player is TAG.
Hmmmmm.....I think table selection becomes even more important. I also think you need to get more creative, flatting big hands, taking different lines, etc. Adjusting to post flop aggression against regs and being able to hold your own with 3 or 4 regs at a table.