*****official Carolina Hurricanes Thread*****

Serge are you seriously whining about the slap shot on the empty net? Get a grip. Staal needs to do whatever it takes to score there to ice the game. I think he made a good decision. It's not like the fact it was Phaneuf affected it. The glare was fun too.

Ya ok. Shocking coming from you. Shit like that gets players in trouble. Staal is known for that kind of stupidity.

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will indeed bring my A game tonight my friend.   My A game consists of:   6:30pm: Get home, have dinner 6:55pm: Set up the IPad/bigscreen/laying on the couch like a lazy piece of sh*t design mo

Hurricanes taking applications for general manager job through Twitter   https://www.nhl.com/...0?tid=281396148     Those of you in the AHL, I will be using you guys as references, thanks! (And

Did Tlusty bring his own erotic photos?

He was trying to score. He had an empty net, with a player in the way. Is he supposed to try to shoot it soft so as to not hurt Serge's feelings? No, he takes the shot he thinks is mostly likely to work... Ie, have the d-man tense up and probably open more space to get it by him.

The glance is douchey but whatever, it's sports.

He was trying to score. He had an empty net, with a player in the way. Is he supposed to try to shoot it soft so as to not hurt Serge's feelings? No, he takes the shot he thinks is mostly likely to work... Ie, have the d-man tense up and probably open more space to get it by him.

The glance is douchey but whatever, it's sports.

If I can read lips (which I may not), I think he said "did you see that" plus the stare. That is what the crowd in my section was saying and we were jeering at Staal for it.

Interesting the uproar.

Last week Thornton shoots it right at Phaneuf, with no empty net and nowhere near the net actually. Not that much is said.

Staal shoots at an empty net, with Phaneuf in front, and says "ya I knew it was him in front of the net". Leafdom uproar!

Was he trying to hit him? My best guess is no, he was hoping to score, but I also believe he knew it was Phaneuf, and said, well, if Im not going to score, Im fine with my blast hitting Phaneuf hard, and hurting him. If thats Marc Staal in front of him, the shot is still hard I would bet, just not quite as hard+without the stare.

Didnt see it, but not a huge fan of the staredown. Especially when your team is languishing at the bottom of the league. Just shut up and play, you are one of the jokes of the league, and you're a captain, set a better example with your play, not your words/stares.

Usually the Staals are better than that, maybe just the frustration of being so crappy all year.

Why do we care what he said? He made a legal play to score a goal then chirped. That's like the most hockey thing there is.

Did you see me say I was angry to what he said. No. I just typing what I saw. Take it easy.

I personally like this kind of stuff. More drama.

You think Semin can score still?

Yeah. I haven't watched him at all this year, but I don't believe that he went from being borderline elite to terrible overnight.

I think he probably needs a change of scenery.

My bet is that he is actually hurt. He was hurt over the summer, and it hasnt healed to the right place.

(Semin)

could see a rebound next year, if Staal E is still around, those 2 work very well together, ideal pairing.

Semin has actually been a top 10 guy in terms of ES pts/60 over the last few years. Not sure what's going on with him this year, but he's definitely fallen out of favour with the coaching staff.

Semin has actually been a top 10 guy in terms of ES pts/60 over the last few years. Not sure what's going on with him this year, but he's definitely fallen out of favour with the coaching staff.

New coach wants him to play more defence, and sacrifice some of his goal scoring opportunities in favour of the whole teams new system of a structured defence.

Sound familiar?

Also, Alex doesn't like to skate hard, it's beneath him.

Interesting the uproar.

Last week Thornton shoots it right at Phaneuf, with no empty net and nowhere near the net actually. Not that much is said.

Staal shoots at an empty net, with Phaneuf in front, and says "ya I knew it was him in front of the net". Leafdom uproar!

Was he trying to hit him? My best guess is no, he was hoping to score, but I also believe he knew it was Phaneuf, and said, well, if Im not going to score, Im fine with my blast hitting Phaneuf hard, and hurting him. If thats Marc Staal in front of him, the shot is still hard I would bet, just not quite as hard+without the stare.

Didnt see it, but not a huge fan of the staredown. Especially when your team is languishing at the bottom of the league. Just shut up and play, you are one of the jokes of the league, and your a captain, set a better example with your play, not your words/stares.

Usually the Staals are better than that, maybe just the frustration of being so crappy all year.

I think the Thornton thing was just as bad. But since it happened when everyone was sleeping it didn't get as much play.

• 4 weeks later...

This might be the worst possible way to play out a season.

Early: Expectations quickly meet reality, and you realize team is bad. Luckily, its a McEichel year, and your team is bottom 2.

Middle: Continue to lose, all goes wrong, and McEichel looks possible/probable.

End: Start winning meaningless games, quickly kill any realistic chance of McEichel, and start to hope you at least get top 5. And slowly, wonder if its more like 8-10 again..,...

:(

STOP WINNING!!!

Is that worse than starting out lucky and winning some games, looking like a mid-playoff team, then slowly dropping off, but at least looking like you have a shot at the playoffs, then finally drop like a rock out of the playoffs, but you won too many games early for a bottom-3 finish?

Asking...for a friend.

• Like 1

Hey Arp...How good is Andrej Sekera....Is he better than Cody Franson? I think the Canes got a better return from the Kings, in that the pick will be higher..

I think he can be a top pairing kind of D, he really played like one last year.

He didnt fare well under the new coach, which was a little surprising. Not sure what happened this year, but his game is off.

Part of Sekera's value, Im sure, was the fact that his cap hit was so low, even if it is just for the next 2 months. Also, I think he would be a good sign for someone in the off season.

Not sure how much better the pick is, only because I much prefer a 2015 pick than a 2016 slection, based on what I have read so far about the 2 drafts.

I'm hoping LA just squeeks into the playoffs and Carolina picks mid first round.

• 4 months later...

Semin era is over.

I read somewhere that was the biggest cap hit buyout in NHL history.

When the Canes f it up, they f it up HUGE.

onwards and upwards. Im hoping we tank one more year, and luck into Austin M.