*****official Carolina Hurricanes Thread*****

Semin era is over.

I read somewhere that was the biggest cap hit buyout in NHL history.

When the Canes f it up, they f it up HUGE.

onwards and upwards. Im hoping we tank one more year, and luck into Austin M.

At $7 million he is a bust. But I'm sure someone signs him today.

Unless he is KHL ing?

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will indeed bring my A game tonight my friend.   My A game consists of:   6:30pm: Get home, have dinner 6:55pm: Set up the IPad/bigscreen/laying on the couch like a lazy piece of sh*t design mo

Hurricanes taking applications for general manager job through Twitter   https://www.nhl.com/...0?tid=281396148     Those of you in the AHL, I will be using you guys as references, thanks! (And

Did Tlusty bring his own erotic photos?

in case you guys dont follow Chip Alexander:

•  

Rutherford has taken most of the blame for the Semin extension from NHL media but Karmanos ultimately approved it.

11 retweets
    8 favorites

Retweet

Favorite

More

•  

93c99361d6542dfa7fdf8a5fcfaae976_bigger.jpeg

Karmanos says he takes responsibility for the Semin extension.

On Semin, Francis said Semin did not give "day to day effort" in practice or games.

Francis said Semin buyout sends "right message" to the players.

"Francis said Semin buyout sends "right message" to the players.

If you don't give a shit you will be given a lot of money to sit at home to do nothing. I know, I know, players are playing for the "love of the game" but still...

Pretty harsh comments but fairly accurate. The Semin signing was a disaster, and he believes the Mives JR made in Pittsburgh will be just as bad

He can comment on the Canes moves fine, but it's so out of line to criticize another team's strategy and cook up some story about them doing it just to prop up sale value. It's silly.

I think the real silliness is suggesting that increasing the value of something you may want to sell is a bad thing.

I think the real silliness is suggesting that increasing the value of something you may want to sell is a bad thing.

We all know the proven strategy for selling a franchise is to cut payroll and tank the team. /s

• 3 months later...

Greaseballs slamming that "pig" Ward on Twitter..

Has he been that bad and the team should go with Lack??

• 4 weeks later...

will jeff skinner ever be not terrible anymore?

traumatic brain injuries are bad

I often joke about scrambled brains etc but he has had some really bad concussions and those have lasting effects

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone who watches the Canes:

How has Victor Rask looked? Is he getting lucky putting up decent numbers, or has he developed into a solid top 6 forward? I know he's bouncing around the lineup, sometimes with Eric Staal on L1, sometimes back on L3, but it seems like he's putting up points wherever he is slotted.

Anyone who watches the Canes:

Just me? Really?

lol

I haven't watched a lot, but what I've seen, he looked just good/ok. There are times when he disappears, dont really notice him. EStaal+Versteeg are the pair, and depending on matchup, he seems to be the C on that line, or its JStaal. I'm impressed with his point production so far, but frankly, I dont see him as a 1st liner. On this team maybe because of how bad it is, but hes 2nd line at best. Which is fine, because at times he appears to be a very good 2nd liner. Still early though, only his 2nd year.

Be interesting to see where he goes to by year 4.

just a side personal thing.....Rask will always be associated with Saad to me.

Both of those guys were highly touted prospect in their draft year, both were expected to go fairly high, maybe top 15. They dropped to 2nd round and they went back to back...

Carolina picks Rask at #42

Chicago picks Saad at #43

In both FCHL+AHL, I actively tried to move up to draft these guys. I recall trying to deal with DaveyG to get Saad/Rask, and then losing them to Ollie and I guess Zach. I recall Bob taking Saad with Chris' pick, and then finding out it was going to Bob was a blow. lol

I think Eagles to Rask earlier?

I liked them both, and felt like Canes should have gone with Saad. Saad has done better, but Im fairly certain that has more to do with who he got to play with, than being better than Rask. For some reason, these strange things keep in my mind, and every time I think about one, I wonder how the other is doing in comparison. I cant imagine how an NHL GM feels about this stuff, since his livelihood is on the line with these decisions.

just a side personal thing.....Rask will always be associated with Saad to me.

Both of those guys were highly touted prospect in their draft year, both were expected to go fairly high, maybe top 15. They dropped to 2nd round and they went back to back...

Carolina picks Rask at #42

Chicago picks Saad at #43

In both FCHL+AHL, I actively tried to move up to draft these guys. I recall trying to deal with DaveyG to get Saad/Rask, and then losing them to Ollie and I guess Zach. I recall Bob taking Saad with Chris' pick, and then finding out it was going to Bob was a blow. lol

I think Eagles to Rask earlier?

That was a year that Chris wasn't going to be at the draft so I was picking for him with the next highest available drafted forward as his pick in the 2nd round. I told him there was one player who I liked a lot who might be available there and if he was I was willing to trade my 1st round pick for the next year to get him so we agreed that if my guy was there I get him and Chris gets my first. If my guy not there Chris takes the highest guy available. Also we agreed that my guy couldn't be the guy who Chris would have drafted with his instructions.

• 1 month later...

just something I found interesting...

The Canes current D lineup, for the last couple of weeks I guess, has been an all-American group.

27 JUSTIN FAULK "A" 6' 0" 215 MAR 20, 1992 23 SOUTH ST.PAUL, MN, USA

65 RON HAINSEY 6' 3" 210 MAR 24, 1981 34 BOLTON, CT, USA

5 NOAH HANIFIN 6' 3" 206 JAN 25, 1997 18 BOSTON, MA, USA

26 JOHN-MICHAEL LILES 5' 10" 185 NOV 25, 1980 35 INDIANAPOLIS, IN, USA

54 BRETT PESCE 6' 3" 200 NOV 15, 1994 21 TARRYTOWN, NY, USA

74 JACCOB SLAVIN 6' 2" 205 MAY 1, 1994 21 DENVER, CO, USA

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Carolina just Corsi'd the **** out of the Pens tonight. Think they had 90 shot attempts. Jeeeebus. Pens had 43.

And there were no score effects. The Canes only trailed for the last 4 minutes of the game.

This team deserves a better fate.

• 1 month later...