I never made a post on here about my beloved Dobie being put down a month ago. Well today is the 10th anniversary that we adopted him and I really miss him. He was the nicest dog that I have ever met and he cheered me up on many down days. He had cancer and tumors on his spine, which made him paralyzed. The vet said we could do some risky surgery but it might not be worth it. I don't think I can ever adopt another pet because I loved him so much. :club: RIP Strider, you will be missed.

That sux dude. Just this week my parents 3yo shepard husky mix got taken to the vet for a limp and they think it has bone cancer. They are taking it pretty hard.
Yeah it's really rough. Thanks for the kind words. Tell them to hang in there.
I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I can't imagine what it will be like when my dog dies. Good thing he's only 1 and a half. What kind of dog was he?
He was a Doberman Pincher. Their avg life expectancy is 8-9 years... He made it to 10 years old right before he died.
I never made a post on here about my beloved Dobie being put down a month ago. Well today is the 10th anniversary that we adopted him and I really miss him. He was the nicest dog that I have ever met and he cheered me up on many down days. He had cancer and tumors on his spine, which made him paralyzed. The vet said we could do some risky surgery but it might not be worth it. I don't think I can ever adopt another pet because I loved him so much. :club: RIP Strider, you will be missed.
No. Adopt another from a pound. Give another abandoned dog 10 good years.
No. Adopt another from a pound. Give another abandoned dog 10 good years.
Yes, this.If you're interested, I could put you in touch with Dogs Deserve Better's nearest rep... you could provide a loving home for a dog that has never known anything other than life alone at the end of a chain. As far as I can tell, you're perfect for this... It would be the perfect way to remember Strider.

So odd to hear this story after what I just heard from a friend about his dog woes today. His German Shepard had 2 lumps on her underside so he took her to the vet...the vet said to take her to Texas A&M because he thought it may be cancer. Turned out to be cancer... $1500 later..they have to put her down. 2 days later... his wife screams to him "Get out here!"... he goes outside...sees his other dog barking at the base of a tree... he gets bit by a rattle snake on the snout.Now he has to take that dog to the emergency vet...which aint cheap.... and they are now facing another 750$ bill and his dogs face is all swollen... no idea if he's gonna live through the weekend.True dog lovers don't even think about the vet bill.... it's a real pain when your dog goes.Sorry to hear dude.I'd say go get another one but that's not easy. After I lost my German Shepard to hip dysplacia and epilepsy ... I never got another one.

I wanted to add that my dog died in our house. It was horrible and I still have trouble going to that part of the house. Maybe I'm just messed up.

Yes, this.If you're interested, I could put you in touch with Dogs Deserve Better's nearest rep... you could provide a loving home for a dog that has never known anything other than life alone at the end of a chain. As far as I can tell, you're perfect for this... It would be the perfect way to remember Strider.
Thanks vonteego. I would have to talk to my dad about adopting another dog. He was crushed when Strider died and I don't think he is ready for another dog. I will stay in touch because I'm moving out in the near future and would love another dog. :club:
So odd to hear this story after what I just heard from a friend about his dog woes today. His German Shepard had 2 lumps on her underside so he took her to the vet...the vet said to take her to Texas A&M because he thought it may be cancer. Turned out to be cancer... $1500 later..they have to put her down. 2 days later... his wife screams to him "Get out here!"... he goes outside...sees his other dog barking at the base of a tree... he gets bit by a rattle snake on the snout.Now he has to take that dog to the emergency vet...which aint cheap.... and they are now facing another 750$ bill and his dogs face is all swollen... no idea if he's gonna live through the weekend.True dog lovers don't even think about the vet bill.... it's a real pain when your dog goes.Sorry to hear dude.I'd say go get another one but that's not easy. After I lost my German Shepard to hip dysplacia and epilepsy ... I never got another one.
Thanks man. It was and still is pretty rough. Tell your friend that I'm sorry. :ts
I wanted to add that my dog died in our house. It was horrible and I still have trouble going to that part of the house. Maybe I'm just messed up.
Not weird or messed up at all. I still have Strider's leash and collar because I don't know what to do with it. It's not like I'm just going to throw it away. But whenever I walk past the place where he slept every night, I always think about him and miss him.

aww :club: my parents and i had to put down our 15 y/o mix german shepard / terrier in i think june. i think my 3 y/o pup missed her the most. she had a tumor on her hip that was weighing down on her legs, and the night before she barely could walk when i took her outside. we never really considered getting the tumor removed being that she was already 13 and was still living a happy life. even before we put her down i can remember her smiling since she was still around us and was loved dearly. i hope everything is alright GGW. getting a new dog would still prolly help you out. having my 3 y/o pup helped greatly when i needed something lovable to hold onto

aww :club: my parents and i had to put down our 15 y/o mix german shepard / terrier in i think june. i think my 3 y/o pup missed her the most. she had a tumor on her hip that was weighing down on her legs, and the night before she barely could walk when i took her outside. we never really considered getting the tumor removed being that she was already 13 and was still living a happy life. even before we put her down i can remember her smiling since she was still around us and was loved dearly. i hope everything is alright GGW. getting a new dog would still prolly help you out. having my 3 y/o pup helped greatly when i needed something lovable to hold onto
my gf just had to put her Terrier/GS mix down this year too...he was almost 17 and also couldn't walk right near the end. I know it helped her too because she has a 9 y/o shitzu aswell.