Best Option?

Playing 8 handed at the final table of a $5.50 28 person SNG. Blinds are 200/400 25 ante.I am third to act with a 6600 chip stack (second in chips)I am dealt AcQd and make a standard raise to 1200 and it is folded to the BB who calls.There is 2800 in the pot.The flop comes: 5s Js AsVillian has 4220 left and checks to me on flop.What is best play here? Should I continuation bet (if so how much?) on scary board or just try to check it down and value town it on river?Villian is playin between 20-30% and raising 10%

Bet out about 2/3 pot to a full pot bet with all the spades out there, then if they call or re-raise you can slow down. But here suited-connectors sound like a possibility but could just as easily be a mid-pair so you want to continuation bet the flop and see what their reaction is.

Bet out about 2/3 pot to a full pot bet with all the spades out there, then if they call or re-raise you can slow down. But here suited-connectors sound like a possibility but could just as easily be a mid-pair so you want to continuation bet the flop and see what their reaction is.
with 2800 in the pot and 4220 left you are either getting it all in or folding. betting 2/3rds of the pot and then folding to his shove getting what (at only a glance) seems like better than 2 to 1 would be bad.

Ya I ended up raising about 2/3 pot then guy shoved all in and I felt like with no read I had to lay it down. That is what got me to question the bet in the first place. I also feel in retrospect I either push all in or check.

when you bet 2/3 of the pot the pot is bigger than his stack. i don't think you can fold there. he will shove with hands like small aces whose kicker is a flush card and kx where the king is flush card.

Shove no question. It's not exactly a dream flop but it's not terrible. If he calls and has you beat on well, but with the blinds and antes high and a significant amount in the pot I'm not folding.

Math says you should call the all in on the flop.Also preflop with the blinds so high relative to you stack i think comming in with a 3x bet is too much. At such a late stage like this i would be opening for anywhere from 800-1000.

with 2800 in the pot and 4220 left you are either getting it all in or folding. betting 2/3rds of the pot and then folding to his shove getting what (at only a glance) seems like better than 2 to 1 would be bad.
Agreed.Tom.

You can check behind, and get it all in on safe turns when your equity's much higher. Betting/calling flop works fine too. What you don't want to do is check it down and "value town the river." Then you get no value from worse hands, and you give draws a chance to catch up for free.

Ya I ended up raising about 2/3 pot then guy shoved all in and I felt like with no read I had to lay it down. That is what got me to question the bet in the first place. I also feel in retrospect I either push all in or check.
You definitely need to call after you bet and he shoves. I also suggest you play around with PokerStove and figure out your equities vs various hands and ranges.