Hand Made Me Say Wtf!

PokerStars Game #20286876674: 7 Card Stud Limit ($1/$2) - 2008/09/09 23:27:42 ETTable 'Tinette' 8-maxSeat 2: Come2mommy ($8.65 in chips) Seat 3: uvgddxz ($48.40 in chips) Seat 4: trafduol ($79.85 in chips) Seat 5: oledawg39 ($51.55 in chips) Seat 6: Goodoctor ($25.60 in chips) Seat 7: herly33 ($41.50 in chips) Seat 8: billvan ($97.10 in chips) Come2mommy: posts the ante $0.10uvgddxz: posts the ante $0.10trafduol: posts the ante $0.10oledawg39: posts the ante $0.10Goodoctor: posts the ante $0.10herly33: posts the ante $0.10billvan: posts the ante $0.10*** 3rd STREET ***Dealt to Come2mommy [Kd]Dealt to uvgddxz [8s]Dealt to trafduol [4c]Dealt to oledawg39 [7d]Dealt to Goodoctor [8d]Dealt to herly33 [As Ad Th]Dealt to billvan [9c]trafduol: brings in for $0.50oledawg39: folds Goodoctor: folds herly33: raises $0.50 to $1billvan: folds Come2mommy: raises $1 to $2uvgddxz: folds trafduol: folds herly33: raises $1 to $3Come2mommy: calls $1*** 4th STREET ***Dealt to Come2mommy [Kd] [3d]Dealt to herly33 [As Ad Th] [Qh]Come2mommy: checks herly33: bets $1Come2mommy: calls $1*** 5th STREET ***Dealt to Come2mommy [Kd 3d] [8h]Dealt to herly33 [As Ad Th Qh] [Ah]herly33: bets $2Come2mommy: calls $2*** 6th STREET ***Dealt to Come2mommy [Kd 3d 8h] [Qd]Dealt to herly33 [As Ad Th Qh Ah] [Ac]herly33: bets $2Come2mommy: calls $2*** RIVER ***Dealt to herly33 [As Ad Th Qh Ah Ac] [2s]herly33: bets $2Come2mommy: folds Uncalled bet ($2) returned to herly33herly33 collected $16.45 from potherly33: doesn't show hand *** SUMMARY ***Total pot $17.20 | Rake $0.75 Seat 2: Come2mommy folded on the RiverSeat 3: uvgddxz folded on the 3rd Street (didn't bet)Seat 4: trafduol folded on the 3rd StreetSeat 5: oledawg39 folded on the 3rd Street (didn't bet)Seat 6: Goodoctor folded on the 3rd Street (didn't bet)Seat 7: herly33 collected ($16.45)Seat 8: billvan folded on the 3rd Street (didn't bet)he left himself .55 puts $8 into potdid he know i had quads

My point everyone missing is he started the hand with $8.65 and by the time the 7th street comes around he only has .55 left to put into the pot. He folds his last .55 after putting in his other $8. That is a clear definition of being pot committed.

My point everyone missing is he started the hand with $8.65 and by the time the 7th street comes around he only has .55 left to put into the pot. He folds his last .55 after putting in his other $8. That is a clear definition of being pot committed.
You are missing the point. If he can not beat what you show, he should 100% fold. You are pot committed in that case if you have about a 2% chance of winning. After 7 cards came out, if he has ZERO percent chance of winning...why throw away 55 cents?Your logic makes no sense whatsoever.

Oh man. OK hypothetical situation. You have a million dollars in front of you, a guy has 999,995. On the river of a AAAK4 board, you bet 999,990. He goes all in for $5 more, then flips over A7 before you call. Now you have KT, but do you call the last $5 knowing you are beat and that is that? What happens if you are hungry...would you waste the $5 and skip out on the dollar value menu at McDonalds?Pot committed is when you have to call X amount of money in relation to the pot size, when you have Y amount percent chance to win, with Y/100>(X/Z) where Z = pot size.Simply....If the percentage is bigger than the money to call, you call.I hope I just confused you more (which doesn't seem hard)

The old stud adage is 'if you can't beat your opponents board, GET OUT!'If he can't beat your open Aces, why would he give you .55? To see if your hand was even better than his dead hand?

I'd also like to say that Fargopoker probably made the most productive post in this thread with his explanation of pot odds and how they don't apply when no more cards come and you can see that your opponent has you beat. Please apply accordingly Herly.

God my head hurts. There should be an Easy Button in this forum to insta ban people that just don't get it. I love the pot committed part when you call knowing you can't beat his board.

God my head hurts. There should be an Easy Button in this forum to insta ban people that just don't get it. I love the pot committed part when you call knowing you can't beat his board.
Then it is an ez raise, he wouldn' think you would raise if you couldn't beat his board :club:

It's what we call a "bluff call." People call all-in with the nut low in Hold 'Em all the time, so why not do a similar thing in Stud? :club: Obviously the OP was hoping for a bluff call.This thread got several laughs out of me.

hey guys i was playing 5 card stud the other day and this hand came up and i felt like this is a good place to discuss it.Me (Ad) 9d 8d Qd Villain (x) K K 10 I started the hand with 5 million dollars and had put 4 of the five in on each street. Villain drew a 10 on 5th street to make (x) K K 10 10 I drew an Ac for (Ad) 9d 8d Qd AcHe bet my last million.....Should I call cause of being pot committed or leave myself with the old measly 1 mil when the pot has 9 million in it?

And obviously, the $2 bet scared him off. If he only has $0.55 left, why overbet? Just bet $0.55, or, even more clever, $0.54, so he won't see he's all in.
PokerStars Game #20286876674: 7 Card Stud Limit ($1/$2) - 2008/09/09 23:27:42 ET