I said that immediately when I posted here. I still challenge anyone to find a range for Raymer that makes it a horrible shove just EV wise and when you factor in the fact that I cared more about my fantasy football draft and the turbo donkfest was only tourney I was playing, for ME it was +EV life.
yes im 100% agreeing with you.
  • Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What makes me want to vomit the most is the fact that nobody considers this as bad a play when they believe raymer is the hero in the description he gives. The minute they find out that it was against greg, it turns into the most horrendous play ever made in poker. Do these people really believe they are gaining something by sticking their noses so far up his ass they can smell what he had for dinner?
I think you find this on all the forums where the "better" (read: richer, successful) players can do no wrong and whomever plays against them is the biggest idiot ever.That being said, can anybody find a fold for Raymer here and his AK? Clearly RDog is shoving hands 98% of the time that are greater than AQ, AK, etc...
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=288469lol, rdog pissed off Raymer enough that he even made a thread about it.
lol...Rdog might not have made the best play, but it was a very strong play and Raymer calls with AK ***RACING***? Puh-leeze. You want to save your chipstack, don't call off 2/3 of your stack with a racing hand to a strong shove. Nitty take on this, yes, but don't be cryin' about it when you lose. AK is playing catch up to ANY PP. It's not like Raymer called with JJ and got setted, ffs.
I think you find this on all the forums where the "better" (read: richer, successful) players can do no wrong and whomever plays against them is the biggest idiot ever.That being said, can anybody find a fold for Raymer here and his AK? Clearly RDog is shoving hands 98% of the time that are greater than AQ, AK, etc...
He can't fold getting the odds he is getting when he is only crushed by 2 hands.
He can't fold getting the odds he is getting when he is only crushed by 2 hands.
True, but he MUST factor in that possibility. A shove after his early raise SHOULD indicate major strength (or a quality semi-bluff) and shold make him think before calling. As it is, he called, hit top two but got setted on the turn. Take the beat like a man, Raymer, you lost a coinflip, ffs.
I think Rdog is older than a fossil, fwiw.
I just think Rdog is jealous that Raymer is younger.
Rdog is senile and old, please dn't hold it against him. Raymer is Da Man!!!!
Super Turbos are faster, fyi.
looooooooooolI was FUBAR!!

LOL, I love that Raymer continues to stick to the line that he was just trying to help someone out. It's awesome that he thinks everyone is retarded enough to believe that.

LOL raymer. What a joke. Hard for him to admit he was upset over an FPP tournament but I guess I can't really blame him.When he ripped a card up after busting a wsop event he couldn't cover that up since it was live. I guess apologies are only in order in the poker world when you are proved to have messed up ( like all the cheating scandals) if you can cover it up with some lame ass excuse, go ahead and try

• 1 year later...
mis played QQ, getting a little short now. But Whok saved me most of my chips.41 left.PokerStars Game #20050398358: Tournament #111111111, 5000FPP Hold'em No Limit - Level XXX (15000/30000) - 2008/08/31 - 19:54:07 (ET)Table '111111111 16' 9-max Seat #3 is the buttonSeat 1: PanTangTyger (344676 in chips) Seat 2: whok314 (435052 in chips) Seat 3: mdoc2222 (1481288 in chips) Seat 4: jg456 (112014 in chips) Seat 5: chek - raise (423181 in chips) Seat 7: Giuseppe31 (699084 in chips) Seat 8: mement_mori (1396959 in chips) Seat 9: dreven (795980 in chips) PanTangTyger: posts the ante 3000whok314: posts the ante 3000mdoc2222: posts the ante 3000jg456: posts the ante 3000chek - raise: posts the ante 3000Giuseppe31: posts the ante 3000mement_mori: posts the ante 3000dreven: posts the ante 3000jg456: posts small blind 15000chek - raise: posts big blind 30000*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to chek - raise [Td Ts]Giuseppe31: folds mement_mori: folds dreven: folds PanTangTyger: raises 311676 to 341676 and is all-inwhok314: raises 90376 to 432052 and is all-inmdoc2222: folds jg456: folds chek - raise: folds Uncalled bet (90376) returned to whok314*** FLOP *** [7s Qc Ah]*** TURN *** [7s Qc Ah] [9c]*** RIVER *** [7s Qc Ah 9c] [4h]*** SHOW DOWN ***PanTangTyger: shows [Qh 5s] (a pair of Queens)whok314: shows [3c 3s] (a pair of Threes)PanTangTyger collected 752352 from pot*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 752352 | Rake 0 Board [7s Qc Ah 9c 4h]Seat 1: PanTangTyger showed [Qh 5s] and won (752352) with a pair of QueensSeat 2: whok314 showed [3c 3s] and lost with a pair of ThreesSeat 3: mdoc2222 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 4: jg456 (small blind) folded before FlopSeat 5: chek - raise (big blind) folded before FlopSeat 7: Giuseppe31 folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 8: mement_mori folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 9: dreven folded before Flop (didn't bet)
call