• Replies 865
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, I am curious. If McCain does win, I can't imagine he would possibly run for a 2nd term at his age. Is THIS really the Republican nominee for 2012? Really?

This is the wonderful thing about republicans, before this pick that was that they wanted to talk about. This was a key in there attacks of Obama. Now that they have a political unknown with no exp outside of her state it isn't a real issue. I was just watching one talking head talk about how her time serving on her local PTA was valuable life expierence. Maybe to run for Governor of Alaska. This pick is such an obvious attempt to say "hey look at us, we can have a historical choice on our ticket too!" It is an absolute concern to people that care about these things. She would not be ready to lead a country. However logic hasn't seemed to be a great trait that a number of voters seem to have.
How can you in the same paragraph criticize people for picking on the Head of the Democratic Ticket for lack of experience and then criticize the Republican VP pick for her lack of experience?
Okay, I am curious. If McCain does win, I can't imagine he would possibly run for a 2nd term at his age. Is THIS really the Republican nominee for 2012? Really?
Only if they want to see HRC in the big chair. Cause IF Obama loses it will no doubt be Hillary in 2012. Of course McBush could keel over and then she is the incumbent President. Yikes!!!
Ummmm what a shock... a shill for the radical right wing of the republican party is throwing his support behind this choice.
I have no idea whether or not you ever listen to Rush but he was one of the driving forces AGAINST McCain in the primaries. The fact that he does support this pick is a big indicator of what many conservatives will think.
Only if they want to see HRC in the big chair. Cause IF Obama loses it will no doubt be Hillary in 2012. Of course McBush could keel over and then she is the incumbent President. Yikes!!!
Impossible to even speculate 4 years into the future, but I'd think that if Sarah Palin were to run with 4 years of VP experience that Hillary would have a very difficult time head-to-head with her.
Ummmm what a shock... a shill for the radical right wing of the republican party is throwing his support behind this choice.
Rush has been HIGHLY critical of McCain.
Hmmm........I wonder why?
I have no idea whether or not you ever listen to Rush but he was one of the driving forces AGAINST McCain in the primaries. The fact that he does support this pick is a big indicator of what many conservatives will think.
God really? You guys are Republicans yet have no clue why Rush doesn't like McCain?
Clearly just another case of someone reading the media soundbytes of Rush and therefore presuming to know everything.
Impossible to even speculate 4 years into the future, but I'd think that if Sarah Palin were to run with 4 years of VP experience that Hillary would have a very difficult time head-to-head with her.
LOL awesomeand no i dont listen to Rush...If I want to listen to comedy I put on some George Carlin or Bill Hicks
McCain has always said that he is a one term guy and would have no plans to run a second time. He aint crazy.
Rush has been HIGHLY critical of McCain.
yes, this is true.I am still in shock, but am beginning to maybe re think it.....but man...SO weird!!!!
God really? You guys are Republicans yet have no clue why Rush doesn't like McCain?
I love how you try to draw a direct conclusion and are willing to state it in an offensive manner - regardless of any factual basis.Nice job.
Haven't read all the posts but this is shocking and mind boggling. With all the talk about Obama not being able to lead on "Day 1" does anyone feel comfortable with this woman being president if McCain croaks? It's not like that's not a very real concern... he's old! I get that she may be able to win over some Hillary voters, but I think her addition is going to scare away some McCain voters who jump ship the other way. I think McCain makes a big mistake here and age has all of a sudden become an even bigger issue. Had he chosen a more established VP that could "lead on day one" I think people would have felt more comfortable voting for McCain. Now people voting for McCain have to consider the real possibility of putting the country in her hands.
For once we agree more than not.a stunner....can't wait for the VP debate

I think it's funny that some republicans who have used lack of experience as the biggest knock on Obama would at all try to defend this. You defend it with the "well at least she's not number one on the ticket..." but the fact is this selection is directly against what a lot McCains campaign has been stating.

I love how you try to draw a direct conclusion and are willing to state it in an offensive manner - regardless of any factual basis.Nice job.
LMAO.......I wish I understood what you were saying so I could respond but I really don't. Offensive? LOL.
Clearly just another case of someone reading the media soundbytes of Rush and therefore presuming to know everything.
I don't presume to know everything. I have heard Rush criticize McCain a lot especially during the primaries. I think it is very common knowledge that he is not a huge supporter. What I said was my opinion not a statement of fact.
McCain is not a real conservative. That is why he isn't liked by many.
Exactly what I was getting at. It shouldn't be a surprise Rush doesn't like McCain since McCain isn't part of the religious right.
I think it's funny that some republicans who have used lack of experience as the biggest knock on Obama would at all try to defend this. You defend it with the "well at least she's not number one on the ticket..." but the fact is this selection is directly against what a lot McCains campaign has been stating.
In a weird, clever, way, Palin's inexperience serves to illuminate Obama's...and so Democrats, especially Joe Biden, would probably be wise to tread carefully here. The Republicans can easily make the argument that they got their ticket order rightside up--experience over a compelling new face--and the Democrats got their order upside down. They can make that argument...we'll see how it flies.
McCain is not a real conservative. That is why he isn't liked by many.
Which sort of cracks me up about the debate in this thread. The same Liberals who want to link McCain to Bush and the Ultra Right, now criticize him for picking a Woman that, while very conservative, certainly goes AGAINST what would have been considered the safe "Party Line" Pick. They want to criticize the Republicans for targeting the lack of experience at the HEAD of the Democratic Ticket by pointing out the lack of experience for their VP pick - who has at least as much experience as BHO. They want to discount Rush's support of the pick, but can't do so without admitting that McCain is an outsider to the Right Wing. They want to accuse McCain of representing "4 more years of the same" and bowing to the Republican old school, but then LOL at him losing the "red-neck vote".All of the knee-jerk Liberal arguments against McCain are beginng to implode.Perhaps they should try some arguments FOR their own candidate, instead of arguments AGAINST Bush and McCain?
I don't presume to know everything. I have heard Rush criticize McCain a lot especially during the primaries. I think it is very common knowledge that he is not a huge supporter. What I said was my opinion not a statement of fact.
Dude.Wasn't criticizing you.Sorry for my poor aim!

I feel much more comfortable with Obama's level of experience than I would with Sarah Palin. Com'on people, who would you rather have across the table from Putin? Margaret Thatcher she ain't.