Perhaps they should try some arguments FOR their own candidate, instead of arguments AGAINST Bush and McCain?
Both campaigns know that they have to both argue for their candidate and against the opponent. Bush has a 70% disapproval rating; any association with him will obviously be a negative.
  • Replies 865
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel much more comfortable with Obama's level of experience than I would with Sarah Palin. Com'on people, who would you rather have across the table from Putin? Margaret Thatcher she ain't.
BHO is no Margaret Thatcher either - she had 30 Years of experience before becoming PM. So are you indicating that BHO, as a man, is better prepared to lead the country?
who has at least as much experience as BHO.
I just can't see how anyone could say that.She went from PTA to VP candidate. She even said herself she never even intended to get into politics or end up where she is. She fell ass backwards into this, she should be lucky that people now know her name. Not to mention, how many people live in Alaska? Not exactly a huge resume of experience. Obama has been working towards this presumably since college. In poker terms... Obama has been grinding cash games for years and is now about to finally get deep in the Main Event.Palin luckboxed a Sunday Million and FTP made her a red pro.
I just can't see how anyone could say that.She went from PTA to VP candidate. She even said herself she never even intended to get into politics or end up where she is. She fell ass backwards into this, she should be lucky that people now know her name. Not to mention, how many people live in Alaska? Not exactly a huge resume of experience. Obama has been working towards this presumably since college. In poker terms... Obama has been grinding cash games for years and is now about to finally get deep in the Main Event.Palin luckboxed a Sunday Million and FTP made her a red pro.
So his primary experienced based qualificatin is that he has been grooming himself as a Politician? I'll still consider her experience as Governor of a small State a "push" compared to 143 days in the Senate.

I love Fox News, its so good, already they have video footage of Palin meeting troops and are talking about how she played a school basketball match with an injury and won the championship with her team

Perhaps they should try some arguments FOR their own candidate, instead of arguments AGAINST Bush and McCain?
I hope you see the irony in this.
So his primary experienced based qualificatin is that he has been grooming himself as a Politician? I'll still consider her experience as Governor of a small State a "push" compared to 143 days in the Senate.
It's fine, but you're wrong.
I love Fox News, its so good, already they have video footage of Palin meeting troops and are talking about how she played a school basketball match with an injury and won the championship with her team
Yeah.All the rhetoric aside, I just don't know if the "Hockey Mom" vote is going to bring this thing home for McCain.
vvvvvvvvvvvvv
I TRIED to watch it last night after the speech, and I couldn't even do it for more than 5 minutes. It was just too ignorant for words.
Fact check:Senator Obama was sworn in to his first Senate term on January 2005 and joined the 109th Congress.The Senate is not always in session and it can be argued that only counting session days as 'work days' is a misrepresentation of service done by any Senator.During this 109th Congress, the Senate met 109 times during 2005 and 109 times during 2006 for a total of 218 days in session.Senator Obama announced his intent to form a panel to explore a Presidential bid on January 16, 2007. The Senate had been in session for 7 days. Total days in session during this time period equals 225 daysSo even if the author was only counting days in session for Obama (and, conveniently, not McCain), the numbers do not add up. It is doubtful this mysterious number was based on roll-call votes. Sen. McCain only had four Senators miss more votes in the 109th Congress (2005-2006). Sen. McCain missed 58 votes but, to his credit, did cast 587 votes. Sen. Obama? He missed 11 votes and cast 634 votes. That's a lot of votes for someone who, as implied by the article, only worked for 143 days.
Yeah.All the rhetoric aside, I just don't know if the "Hockey Mom" vote is going to bring this thing home for McCain.
Though I guess they get props for going for the soccer mom vote by literally getting a soccer mom. (hockey obv)
I TRIED to watch it last night after the speech, and I couldn't even do it for more than 5 minutes. It was just too ignorant for words.
I don't watch much tv but Fox is my most watched channel. I should start a thread with the amount of ridiculous stuuf they come out with, its so much fun.

I think it is incredibly awesome that the moment the Democrats start using Republican tactics of going after the other candidate as much as they hype up their own that all of a sudden Republicans are up in arms about it. Just LOL.

Fact check:Senator Obama was sworn in to his first Senate term on January 2005 and joined the 109th Congress.The Senate is not always in session and it can be argued that only counting session days as 'work days' is a misrepresentation of service done by any Senator.During this 109th Congress, the Senate met 109 times during 2005 and 109 times during 2006 for a total of 218 days in session.Senator Obama announced his intent to form a panel to explore a Presidential bid on January 16, 2007. The Senate had been in session for 7 days. Total days in session during this time period equals 225 daysSo even if the author was only counting days in session for Obama (and, conveniently, not McCain), the numbers do not add up. It is doubtful this mysterious number was based on roll-call votes. Sen. McCain only had four Senators miss more votes in the 109th Congress (2005-2006). Sen. McCain missed 58 votes but, to his credit, did cast 587 votes. Sen. Obama? He missed 11 votes and cast 634 votes. That's a lot of votes for someone who, as implied by the article, only worked for 143 days.
Thank you.I didn't feel like going and looking that up, but yeah... 2005 is longer than 2006 IMO.
I think it is incredibly awesome that the moment the Democrats start using Republican tactics of going after the other candidate as much as they hype up their own that all of a sudden Republicans are up in arms about it. Just LOL.
On that note. Brigette is watching the news this morning and sees the congrats thing that McCain made for Obama last night, and when I woke up she's like, did you see the thing? I'm like, I heard about it... she's like, that's really nice of him, you don't see that every day... I'm like... have you been watching this campaign until last night?
As #2 on the Republican ticket, Sarah Palin is arguably as qualified as BHO to lead "Day One". I'll call her experience a "push" compared to 143 days in the Senate.
Obama served 8 years in the Illinois Senate. How does that not count?He's been in the US Senate since 2005. How is that 143 days?
Obama served 8 years in the Illinois Senate. How does that not count?He's been in the US Senate since 2005. How is that 143 days?
Not to mention there is a HUGE difference between being a civil rights lawyer and a soccer mom.

She named her first kid Track because she and her husband love running. She knew her other kid would be down syndrome before she gave birth and went through with it anyway, she called him Trig.

Thank you for pointing this out! Some people(ignorant idiots) love to play that 143 days crap, and don't mention he spent 8 years in the Illinois Senate and was a Civil Rights lawyer.