Scotty's Behavior At The 50k H.o.r.s.e. Ft

It really was embarassing. Alot of it was alcohol induced, but when you get Erik Lindgren so upset he hopes the kid wins instead of a friend, you know you have crossed the line. I think Scotty will watch this and be really upset with himself.

At first Scotty was right when he told Michael that him celebrating like he did was out of line, and when Michael talked back at Scotty and didn't become intimidated by him that put Scotty on tilt and when his drink didn't come as fast as he liked he just snapped. It was definately not cool the way he acted because my wife and I usually enjoy watching Scotty play on TV so last night was kind of a bummer, but we all have our bad moments and at the end Scotty did give Michael his congrats and told him he was a good player.....Just had a bit too much to drink BABY!

There are a lot of comments on this in the 50K horse thread. This is unlikely to be one time bad behavior, he appears to be a nasty drunk, and he's always drinking. His "poker ambassador" "baby" thing always seemed to be an act to me, and he blew his cover with the spotlight on him. But, I doubt he really cares.

There are a lot of comments on this in the 50K horse thread. This is unlikely to be one time bad behavior, he appears to be a nasty drunk, and he's always drinking. His "poker ambassador" "baby" thing always seemed to be an act to me, and he blew his cover with the spotlight on him. But, I doubt he really cares.
You said exactly what I was about to say down to the last world.

I have been around here awhile and rarely post but I must say that I can't believe how out of line Scotty was. He is no longer the prince in my book, he's the drunken idiot. How bout layne? Man what a piece of work. I have always been on team Scotty, since I saw him on 03 world series, but this has 180'd my thought.

He was acting like an idiot but rarely acts like that. There are players that act much worse than that on a regular basis. So cut him some slack. The only thing that I didn't like was that he was playing against two very passive players that didn't deserve what they were getting.

He was razzin on Lyle and Barry pretty good too earlier in the show. Even getting drunk and acting like an idiot to your friends/poker peers, he should have known he was crossing a line, especially with the prestige that tournament has. Even the commentators turned on him. Even if other players act like this on a more regular basis, Scotty is a world champion and should at least act like one.

At first I just laughed thinking "thats scotty". But when he began cussing at E-dog and showing the crowd his cards, thats when I thought he was definetly out of line. He seemed to get lucky a lot at the FT and I don't necessarily think he deserved the title.

But when he began cussing at E-dog and showing the crowd his cards, thats when I thought he was definetly out of line.
Good point...I thought dropping the F bomb was an automatic suspension, and he did at least twice.

Yeah they changed the rule. You can drop the f bomb as long as it is not directed against another player in a durogatory or insulting manner. Like you can say, man e dog, your play fing sucks, but you cant say, you are a f edog

I know Scotty acted like a jackass sometimes, but I would like to see any of you including me win that table drunk. His skills are way better then most people could wish to have. Stop hating and respect his gangster!!

I know Scotty acted like a jackass sometimes, but I would like to see any of you including me win that table drunk. His skills are way better then most people could wish to have. Stop hating and respect his gangster!!
I don't care how good he plays when he's drunk. He acted like a complete asshole and I don't think it's acceptable.
I don't care how good he plays when he's drunk. He acted like a complete asshole and I don't think it's acceptable.
It was unbelievably hard not to turn off the TV. I was so disappointed in Scotty's behavior. Not acceptable at all. I completely agree.

This is just one of the reasons why the poker world has completely blown it. Everything was in line, people all over the world were playing poker like never before and then what happened? Nothing. The people at the top of the poker world were all more concerned with making as much money as they could as fast as they could, instead of trying to cement poker's status as a legit and acceptable pastime. Now, as the ship keeps going down, these same people are still singing the same tune. In a few more years it's going to be like the poker boom never happened. And guess who won't care? Scotty Nguyen. Him and Phil Helmuth will be sitting around their million dollar homes talking about back when they were famous while the rest of the country feels too hustled to ever take poker seriously again. Good show guys, good show.

"his gangster" sucked and doesnt deserve any respect. Nor does a first time poster who uses terms like "his gangster". :club:

Scotty has always been somewhat of a douche, no? I mean, the guy usually comes off as fun-loving and comical, but come on, his schtick is weak. I respect his results and all, but his performance at the H.O.R.S.E. was probably the worst display of bad behavior that I have seen on TV, save maybe a Tony G incident.

Scotty has always been somewhat of a douche, no? I mean, the guy usually comes off as fun-loving and comical, but come on, his schtick is weak. I respect his results and all, but his performance at the H.O.R.S.E. was probably the worst display of bad behavior that I have seen on TV, save maybe a Tony G incident.
Id put RainKhan up there with those, although it wasnt personal attacks. It was funny the first 4 times but how many times can you youtube yourself looking like a fool.On the personal attack side I think PH has one or two that rank up there with Scotty and TonyG

Anyone read his apology on the Cardplayer site? He can't be serious. This tournament was sooooo important to him that he decided to get drunk as **** in the middle of the final table? Please. One line of apology and then a whole page of excuses. Yeah, he's really taking responsibility here. He ought to be apologizing to the last two players that had to put up with his ********. This is just typical celebrity attitude - do whatever they feel like and then go groveling back to the public later. Does anyone really believe this was some kind of accident? Scotty, buddy, a man your age is well aware that it's a bad idea to get moronic drunk when $2 million is on the line. No, this was a mistake you made ON PURPOSE. Consequences be damned. So spare us the crap about how sorry you are. I'm sure you're sorry you're catching flack for it.In reality, though, no one really cares if Scotty Nguyen looks like a douche. It's the fact that a celebrated professional player of the game went on maybe the second most watched tournament of the year and made poker players look like buffoons to the general public. And where are the other pros that should be condemning his actions and standing up for the game? Do they not realize this kind of thing affects them? That it affects the opinions of lawmakers and voters, or at least gives more ammunition to poker's opponents? Shouldn't somebody in the public eye be saying to the world "Hey, this is just one retarded monkey that got out of his cage. We really aren't all like that. This is a respectable pastime". Well, they're blogs were all about golf, bragging and the usual nonsense again this week. I wonder why the PPA is having such a hard time....

Watching the tournament was extremely difficult.... It is the first time I actually considered not watching the entire show. The bad behaviour of some players is going to start affecting the popularity of the game (if it hasn't already). I was a fan of Scotty, i found him to be a colourful character who was kinda funny but ok because even when he was joking at the table he didn't direct it to individuals.... Now, I have lost a lot of respect for him as an individual. Sure he is a great player who can make some solid and respectable moves but I also believe he got a little lucky on some of the hands. My big turning point though was when you see E-dog speak with the Tournament staff and I think he actually complains but they seem to indicate that he isn't breaking any rules at that time... I think the complaint should have been enough for him to get at least a small time out to remind him he is on a world telecast event and that the tournament is one that many players hold dear. I have heard he apologized but it will still take time for the poker community to forgive him. "and that's my 2 cents"