50 SNGs downthoughts? the villian is a regular but i dont know much about him. Im sure im ahead of his range but I would assume he is not shoving light here. Something like 44+, A10s+, AJo+, KQs. I dont have SNG wizard to plug this into but my thoughts are that I dont want to flip for most of my stack when i already have a lot of equity with my stack. Full Tilt Poker Game #7783014781: $14 + $1 Sit & Go (Super Turbo) (59186847), Table 1 - 25/50 - No Limit Hold'em - 15:44:12 ET - 2008/08/24Seat 2: ahleniusphilip (195)Seat 3: Drinking Buddy (585)Seat 5: thorab (255)Seat 6: Gary212121 (895)Seat 7: Bardamien (535)Seat 8: Raskez (235)Raskez posts the small blind of 25ahleniusphilip posts the big blind of 50The button is in seat #7*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to Gary212121 [Ts Td]Drinking Buddy raises to 585, and is all inthorab foldsGary212121 has 15 seconds left to actGary212121 folds
I've been playing a bunch of the $30, $46, and $175 300 chip superturbos on FTP the last week because they are addicting, action-filled and a quick way to get FTP points during happy hour. Great for the degen gamblers to rack up FTP points and get Iron Man.Off topic, I just figured this out right now but always opt for the freeroll instead of the Iron man medals because the equity you get in the freeroll is at least 5x greater.This situation is pretty close I think if you narrowed his exact range down and put it into an ICM calculator, fold or call would be very close. But, if you win you have a monster stack that you can guarantee making the money with and probably winning, and if you lose you still have enough chips to make a comeback. I've comeback from only 20 chips in one of these things. There are only five hands that beat you, and from my experience in these superturbos most people like to miniraise AA and KK which means the majority of the time you're flipping or have him dominated. The more I think about it, it's a definite call for a superturbo.
  • Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

50 SNGs downthoughts? the villian is a regular but i dont know much about him. Im sure im ahead of his range but I would assume he is not shoving light here. Something like 44+, A10s+, AJo+, KQs. I dont have SNG wizard to plug this into but my thoughts are that I dont want to flip for most of my stack when i already have a lot of equity with my stack. Full Tilt Poker Game #7783014781: $14 + $1 Sit & Go (Super Turbo) (59186847), Table 1 - 25/50 - No Limit Hold'em - 15:44:12 ET - 2008/08/24Seat 2: ahleniusphilip (195)Seat 3: Drinking Buddy (585)Seat 5: thorab (255)Seat 6: Gary212121 (895)Seat 7: Bardamien (535)Seat 8: Raskez (235)Raskez posts the small blind of 25ahleniusphilip posts the big blind of 50The button is in seat #7*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to Gary212121 [Ts Td]Drinking Buddy raises to 585, and is all inthorab foldsGary212121 has 15 seconds left to actGary212121 folds
this is 100% correct to call
I've been playing a bunch of the $30, $46, and $175 300 chip superturbos on FTP the last week because they are addicting, action-filled and a quick way to get FTP points during happy hour. Great for the degen gamblers to rack up FTP points and get Iron Man.trueOff topic, I just figured this out right now but always opt for the freeroll instead of the Iron man medals because the equity you get in the freeroll is at least 5x greater.trueThis situation is pretty close I think if you narrowed his exact range down and put it into an ICM calculator, fold or call would be very close. But, if you win you have a monster stack that you can guarantee making the money with and probably winning, and if you lose you still have enough chips to make a comeback. I've comeback from only 20 chips in one of these things. This is true even if i fold.. its very rare to get 850 chips in one of these things and not cash. So for agruements sake i pretty much have at least 3rd locked up. Where as if i decide to flip and loss, i no longer have 3rd locked up.There are only five hands that beat you, and from my experience in these superturbos most people like to miniraise AA and KK which means the majority of the time you're flipping or have him dominated. The more I think about it, it's a definite call for a superturbo.I agree for the most part but this guy is a regular and most regulars know to just shove with there big hands. I think another thing that went into my decision to fold is that the blinds are 25/50. So its not like he is hurting and looking to shove any two. And if i did decide to flip (assuming its a flip) and won, it really isnt changing much since im already chip leader. winning this hand isnt going to allow me to steal blinds more b.c. that not something important at this level. So my point is I just dont see much positives to taking a marginal spot here when the positives of winning the hand arent that great. With that said if the blinds where 50/100 I would turbo call this

sigh, ive been avoiding this thread but with school coming up its time to get back on the grind. mostly the 12s on FTP (avoiding gary) although im overrolled. that's where i left off when summer started so that is where i will return to get back in the groove.a few observations from skimming the thread:1. i believe people are understating the importance of cashing in stt's. having proper bubble play down is so important because making the money is so important. the first priority is to play to cash, then play to win. anyone with a PXF subscription needs to watch sheet's video series (his first videos i believe) to underline this.2. for those who cannot multitable it seems they are going right from playing 4 tables to trying to 8/12/16 table. the key to learning to multitable is to just add slowly one at a time until you feel comfortable enough to add another. also a HUD is absolutely required for this.also a few questions of my own:3. has anyone tried out sngicons? i have PXF but was wondering if i should have both/change over. also thoughts on deuces cracked? i havent checked it out at all but how is it for sngs?4. has anyone tried grinding the step sngs for any value? i know a couple of the guys on 4 swear by it because of how weak they are but just looking for other oppinions and advice. i have thought about trying this for the first few weeks of school.edit:5. value of a sharkscope subscription. im pretty commited to having all of the tools but im not sure how important this is. anyone use the HUD?

I've been playing a bunch of the $30, $46, and $175 300 chip superturbos on FTP the last week because they are addicting, action-filled and a quick way to get FTP points during happy hour. Great for the degen gamblers to rack up FTP points and get Iron Man.trueOff topic, I just figured this out right now but always opt for the freeroll instead of the Iron man medals because the equity you get in the freeroll is at least 5x greater.trueThis situation is pretty close I think if you narrowed his exact range down and put it into an ICM calculator, fold or call would be very close. But, if you win you have a monster stack that you can guarantee making the money with and probably winning, and if you lose you still have enough chips to make a comeback. I've comeback from only 20 chips in one of these things. This is true even if i fold.. its very rare to get 850 chips in one of these things and not cash. So for agruements sake i pretty much have at least 3rd locked up. Where as if i decide to flip and loss, i no longer have 3rd locked up.There are only five hands that beat you, and from my experience in these superturbos most people like to miniraise AA and KK which means the majority of the time you're flipping or have him dominated. The more I think about it, it's a definite call for a superturbo.I agree for the most part but this guy is a regular and most regulars know to just shove with there big hands. I think another thing that went into my decision to fold is that the blinds are 25/50. So its not like he is hurting and looking to shove any two. And if i did decide to flip (assuming its a flip) and won, it really isnt changing much since im already chip leader. winning this hand isnt going to allow me to steal blinds more b.c. that not something important at this level. So my point is I just dont see much positives to taking a marginal spot here when the positives of winning the hand arent that great. With that said if the blinds where 50/100 I would turbo call this
i only dabbled in the super turbos so i cant comment on the specifics of the play but i pretty much agree with everything said here. Im a nit for sure and would def tend to give him a tighter range but i have a hard time thinking his shove is anything worse then 99+, AK, maybe AQ (putting 99 in there might be a stretch). even with a looser range the value of those extra chips is quite small given you stack size already puts you in position to exploit the bubble. having said that i would need to run this through sng wiz to see which i cant do from work. anyone have it?
sigh, ive been avoiding this thread but with school coming up its time to get back on the grind. mostly the 12s on FTP (avoiding gary) although im overrolled. that's where i left off when summer started so that is where i will return to get back in the groove.im playing the 15s super turbos for now so they are all yours! If you need to get a list of the regulars just check the leaderboard, that is usually a good indicatora few observations from skimming the thread:1. i believe people are understating the importance of cashing in stt's. having proper bubble play down is so important because making the money is so important. the first priority is to play to cash, then play to win. anyone with a PXF subscription needs to watch sheet's video series (his first videos i believe) to underline this.cant agree more2. for those who cannot multitable it seems they are going right from playing 4 tables to trying to 8/12/16 table. the key to learning to multitable is to just add slowly one at a time until you feel comfortable enough to add another. also a HUD is absolutely required for this.also a few questions of my own:3. has anyone tried out sngicons? i have PXF but was wondering if i should have both/change over. also thoughts on deuces cracked? i havent checked it out at all but how is it for sngs?I had a subscription for a little over a year. Its a good site with a lot of the basic info but a whole lot more. In general the site is very poorly ran. Most of the videos are them 4 tabling in real time so as you would guess there is a lot of dead time. Most of them do a bad job filling in the dead time imo. They do have some good videos where like 4 or 5 of the forum members will jump in the same SNG and send in the HHs So an instructor can review the SNG with all the hands exposed; Most of the videos turn out pretty good. Anyways PM me and we can talk more about that site if you want.4. has anyone tried grinding the step sngs for any value? i know a couple of the guys on 4 swear by it because of how weak they are but just looking for other oppinions and advice. i have thought about trying this for the first few weeks of school.edit:5. value of a sharkscope subscription. im pretty commited to having all of the tools but im not sure how important this is. anyone use the HUD?I had a subscription way back when but rarely use it anymore. The only think i really got from it was finding out who was a regular which usually made me start calling them with a wide range.
i only dabbled in the super turbos so i cant comment on the specifics of the play but i pretty much agree with everything said here. Im a nit for sure and would def tend to give him a tighter range but i have a hard time thinking his shove is anything worse then 99+, AK, maybe AQ (putting 99 in there might be a stretch). even with a looser range the value of those extra chips is quite small given you stack size already puts you in position to exploit the bubble. having said that i would need to run this through sng wiz to see which i cant do from work. anyone have it?
I tend to agree with this esc. since the guy is a regular and knows with 10bb's he isnt in danger so his UTG range is going to be so much tighter. w/o running this through wizard im going to guess its a pretty big lossing play to call with 1010
5. value of a sharkscope subscription. 5. value of a sharkscope subscription. im pretty commited to having all of the tools but im not sure how important this is. anyone use the HUD?I had a subscription way back when but rarely use it anymore. The only think i really got from it was finding out who was a regular which usually made me start calling them with a wide range.
correctly im guessing?
A question for those of you that multi-table: when you start up a session, do you just fire up the first 4/8/16/whatever-you-play tournaments, or do you practice some sort of table selection?I play at low stakes (usually $6.50 turbos), where there are so many different players that you won't know many of the names, and moreover the tournaments fill up so quickly that it is hard to unregister fast enough if someone that you do not want as an opponent enters.However, say that you look in the lobby and there are 16 SNGs registering with 1 or 2 persons registered in each of them. That usually means there are one or two heavy multi-tablers waiting for all of them to fill up. Say you play 4 tables yourself, do you1) Register in those since these guys will play a tight, automatic game and you can use that to your advantage?2) Not register in those since every seat they occupy could also be filled by a fish?I have tried both, but the choice hardly seems to influence my ROI. Any opinions on this and/or other tips and tricks for table selection?
Before I start a session I will usually watch a few fill to see if there are any winning regulars firing up a set. Just because someone is a regular doesnt mean they are a winning player so this is important to note. If there are 1-2 regs then I will usually start firing them up. I use FT Shortcuts so this is pretty easy. If I notice that there are 3+ regs then I will wait a bit and read articles or run through some hands until I notice these guys are not reg'd anymore. Also if I start firing up tables and notice that there are 3+ regs then I will stop registering for a bit. This probably becomes harder at higher limits with more regulars but I think it is important to try to gain those 1-2% of ROI that can make a big difference in the long run.Also I usually set FT Shortcuts to register me in 12 SNGs or w/e I am planning to play in that set and then stop, rather then having 12 running constantly. I find that the bubble requires more focus so by the time I get here Im down to 1/2-3/4 of the tables I had before and allows this increase. Another benefit of this is that after I am able to take a small break and refocus before starting the next set. It also gives time to go through hands or use SNG Wiz to look at question hands which I will C&P in notepad during a session. Just interested in how others go about their sessions.
OMG LOVE these things. People play so bad (and predictable). Play aggro. Easy game.Quick edit: Steal blinds aggressively and call a little light is what i mean.
Well, I don't play on FTP so I won't be trying them any time soon. But it sounds like they bear only a vague resemblance to poker...
Before I start a session I will usually watch a few fill to see if there are any winning regulars firing up a set. Just because someone is a regular doesnt mean they are a winning player so this is important to note. If there are 1-2 regs then I will usually start firing them up. I use FT Shortcuts so this is pretty easy. If I notice that there are 3+ regs then I will wait a bit and read articles or run through some hands until I notice these guys are not reg'd anymore. Also if I start firing up tables and notice that there are 3+ regs then I will stop registering for a bit. This probably becomes harder at higher limits with more regulars but I think it is important to try to gain those 1-2% of ROI that can make a big difference in the long run.I use to do this but after playing with a lot of regulars but during SNG madness i relized just how bad most of them really are so i normally will just start loading without paying attention. Although if i do see three or more i might wait. If your going to be playing the 11s I dont think there are going to be many times when you should have to wait to load. There are a lot of "regulars" but for the most part these players arent that good. Also I usually set FT Shortcuts to register me in 12 SNGs or w/e I am planning to play in that set and then stop, rather then having 12 running constantly. I find that the bubble requires more focus so by the time I get here Im down to 1/2-3/4 of the tables I had before and allows this increase. Another benefit of this is that after I am able to take a small break and refocus before starting the next set. It also gives time to go through hands or use SNG Wiz to look at question hands which I will C&P in notepad during a session. Just interested in how others go about their sessions.When I 16 table the 11s I like to play in sets rather then keep loading throughout. Normally for me when i play 16 tables I will lose 1 or 2 tables within the first few levels so i will go ahead and reup to 16 tables. Also, when i get to the bubble or down to less then 8 tables i will go ahead and start loading again. I think one thing you could work on is (myself included) is managing your time better so you can put in more volume. What i mean by that is its always good to study hands by going through sng wiz and things of that sort but i wouldnt do it after every set. It seems like with your system there is to much inbetween time which can be filled with more SNGs. What i like to do is keep a note pad open and copy key hands then after a session (not just a set) is over ill post it or run the numbers.

Yeah, I usually try to get my first 2-3 sets in consecutively but then need a little time to reset. I def agree with the point that most regulars are pretty bad which is why I mentioned that I will usually try to avoid the ones that are pretty clearly winning players if there is 2+ loading up. Doesnt really take that much time to wait them out because the 12s go so fast. I havent quite figured out how to adjust to losing regs that have something like a -10% ROI over a decent sample. Obviously they have leaks but they are not as pronounced as guys who just spew. The regs prob is most likely something closely related to bubble play but I havent quite firgured how to exploit it.I like the idea of firing up a new set when you start to get late, I probably wait too long before doing this and miss getting in a few more sngs per session.

bad regs call to much and dont focus on cashing enough. I see a lot of them call off their chips on the bubble lightly when they are in 3rd with someone else sitting with 1 or 2 bbs. I think what im trying to say is that the bad regs dont understand their equity in a tourney when they are on the bubblethats just one thing tho

I've never really understood not registering for a sng because theres a couple good regulars in there. If you're already playing turbo sngs to play for $/per hour then waiting for the next sng to start is cutting down on that. I find the regulars are easier to play against because its extremely easy to know what they have. If you work hard enough you can exploit that. I'm not saying I'd rather play against them than a donk but I don't think you should fear them. If they're better than you, then find out what they're doing and become better than them.

I've never really understood not registering for a sng because theres a couple good regulars in there. If you're already playing turbo sngs to play for $/per hour then waiting for the next sng to start is cutting down on that. I find the regulars are easier to play against because its extremely easy to know what they have. If you work hard enough you can exploit that. I'm not saying I'd rather play against them than a donk but I don't think you should fear them. If they're better than you, then find out what they're doing and become better than them.
agreed

Played 60 Super turbos so far today = +44 which is meh :/Anyways, I have a question for others that play the super turbosWhat kinds of hands are you shoving early in the SNG (in the 30 big blind level). For instance, are you shoving AQo? If so, are you doing it from all positions? Also, what type of pairs are you shoving and which ones are you just open folding?

Played 60 Super turbos so far today = +44 which is meh :/Anyways, I have a question for others that play the super turbosWhat kinds of hands are you shoving early in the SNG (in the 30 big blind level). For instance, are you shoving AQo? If so, are you doing it from all positions? Also, what type of pairs are you shoving and which ones are you just open folding?
for me it all depends on what position im in. I do not shove ace queen from any position at the 30 level. I probably do if 3 ppl fold. I dont really know about pairs.... i probably open fold 22-77 anywhere in early position. the pairs at the early levels just seem so meh.... anyone else?also.... are there any hands that you guys will raise preflop with in the early levels of the super turbos? if so... what kinds of hands in what kinds of positions?

this is how bad i runFull Tilt Poker Game #7853841663: $14 + $1 Sit & Go (Super Turbo) (59718360), Table 1 - 25/50 - No Limit Hold'em - 19:01:29 ET - 2008/08/29Seat 1: valence15 (490)Seat 3: tullatulla23 (705)Seat 5: Baer2007 (1,170)Seat 7: Gary212121 (335)tullatulla23 posts the small blind of 25Baer2007 posts the big blind of 50The button is in seat #1*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to Gary212121 [8h Jh]Gary212121 foldsvalence15 raises to 490, and is all intullatulla23 raises to 705, and is all inBaer2007 calls 655tullatulla23 shows [Kc As]Baer2007 shows [6c 6s]valence15 shows [Ks Ah]*** FLOP *** [4c 4d 7h]*** TURN *** [4c 4d 7h] [4s]*** RIVER *** [4c 4d 7h 4s] [4h]tullatulla23 shows four of a kind, FoursBaer2007 shows four of a kind, Fourstullatulla23 wins the side pot (430) with four of a kind, Foursvalence15 shows four of a kind, Fourstullatulla23 ties for the main pot (735) with four of a kind, Foursvalence15 ties for the main pot (735) with four of a kind, Fours*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 1,900 Main pot 1,470. Side pot 430. | Rake 0Board: [4c 4d 7h 4s 4h]Seat 1: valence15 (button) showed [Ks Ah] and won (735) with four of a kind, FoursSeat 3: tullatulla23 (small blind) showed [Kc As] and won (1,165) with four of a kind, FoursSeat 5: Baer2007 (big blind) showed [6c 6s] and lost with four of a kind, FoursSeat 7: Gary212121 didn't bet (folded)

So further back in this topic there was mention of the prop bet me and Sam had.Here are the results:Today I played the 100 sng's (6man+) and here are the results:Average buyin: 44$Total Staked: 4400$Total Profit: 760$ROI: 17.27%I played a mixture of 6 / 9 man at the 33 / 55 dollar level.It all went well, played pretty solid poker until the last 10 or so sng's where I literally given up the will to live and was bored silly. There are only so many times in a day that you can go from having blinds at 250/500 back to 15/30. I didn't have any really brutal beats if I am honest, apart from one hand which made me cringe: http://www.pokerhand.org/?3123045The forfit for Sam losing the prop bet is two fold, firstly he has to cough up some money (whatever) but the more important part is....having to wear the Fulltilt cowboy hat at the local casino for the weekly $200 freeze out. I'll enjoy that moment the most.

So further back in this topic there was mention of the prop bet me and Sam had.Here are the results:Today I played the 100 sng's (6man+) and here are the results:Average buyin: 44$Total Staked: 4400$Total Profit: 760$ROI: 17.27%I played a mixture of 6 / 9 man at the 33 / 55 dollar level.It all went well, played pretty solid poker until the last 10 or so sng's where I literally given up the will to live and was bored silly. There are only so many times in a day that you can go from having blinds at 250/500 back to 15/30. I didn't have any really brutal beats if I am honest, apart from one hand which made me cringe: http://www.pokerhand.org/?3123045The forfit for Sam losing the prop bet is two fold, firstly he has to cough up some money (whatever) but the more important part is....having to wear the Fulltilt cowboy hat at the local casino for the weekly $200 freeze out. I'll enjoy that moment the most.
You Sir. Run good. lol. I'm still to verify the results (which are blatantly real), but I'll evaluate this tomorrow. Sadly I don't want to add this reality to the already worst weekend in living memory for numerous reasons.GG and I can't wait to dust off the Full Tilt cowboy hat. Sigh.
LOL! congrats on success. Have fun wearing the hat Sam
This is the offical place for SNG grinders. Talk about anything relating to SNGs. Post Graphs, interesting hands, goals, read, or just whatever. Here are my goals for the rest of the month:play 2000 $11 SNGs profit $1500 + $540 Rakebackbe ready to move up to the $22s
August ResultsOnly played 540 SNGs. Mostly b.c. school startedMade about $1300 + 135 rakeback = $1435Playing the $15 super turbos which i enjoy and will prob stay at for awhileSept. Goalsplay 2000 SNGsprofit 3kRun goodstay ahead in school