Opinions On Softest Stars Cash Games

Hoping to hear a few opinions:Softest game going on Stars $10 buyin or higher.
6 max 25NL cash with mor the 45% players per hand usually are very fishy and will pay you off

plo8 is very soft.2-7 triple draw is sort of soft. i've been playing a lot and most players seem half way competent but they make lots of little mistakes. 6max lhe seem pretty soft from what i've played up until 1/2. low limit razz and stud are either surprisingly not soft or i am just that bad at them. people just do not seem to bleed off bets. i don't know about stud/8, i've heard good things.

Some of the 2-7 TD players are very very horrible. Draw games encourage the worst play of fish - DRAWING!!5CD games are softish too, but beware the good players at 5/10. Some of the very best will eat you alive, or make you want to eat yourself alive..

Some of the 2-7 TD players are very very horrible. Draw games encourage the worst play of fish - DRAWING!!5CD games are softish too, but beware the good players at 5/10. Some of the very best will eat you alive, or make you want to eat yourself alive..
I've played some 5CD SnGs but never cash. What is the play like at the lowest stakes? I think they start at .10/.25 or higher...
I've played some 5CD SnGs but never cash. What is the play like at the lowest stakes? I think they start at .10/.25 or higher...
Never really played the 0.10/0.20 games, but judging from table stats, very soft(3-4BB pots with 40-60% drawing is massive).2/4 is softish, but 5/10 is toughish when the regs are there.Stud8 MTT's are
Never really played the 0.10/0.20 games, but judging from table stats, very soft(3-4BB pots with 40-60% drawing is massive).2/4 is softish, but 5/10 is toughish when the regs are there.Stud8 MTT's are
No it isnt!
This is one of the reasons I wanted to get some opinions. The draw games are easily my worst game. I will definitely try the single 2-7 whenever it becomes available.I don't play a lot of stud8 but I've heard in a few past threads members urging to get into this because it is a large aquarium that holds lots of fishies.
No it isnt!
My post wasn't completed, so i'm not sure what you're saying. I think there's a lot of dead money in stud8 MTTs.

Tried a .50/1 Stud8 game the other day and lost about $10 over 100 hands. I'm trying to adapt a little bit of O8 strategy into the session but didn't seem to work.

Low limit PLO is a great game to build your br. There are alot of players that have made the transition from hold'em to omaha but don't have a full grasp on how to play the game correctly.As for hold'em, i've played stakes as low as .01/.02 and as high as 5/10, and i have found that some of the softest games are at the 5/10 level while, 1/2 and 3/6 have some tough and aggressive players.

• 2 weeks later...

I think if you table select on PS then you can find some very soft games from 25 NL all the way up to 100 NL. I haven't played higher than 100 NL so I don't know how it goes from there.I've been playing PS's new 8-game which is pretty fun. I've noticed that most of the players in that game are horrid at 2-7 TD. Even people that seem fairly competent in NL Holdem and PLO have called me down with A high after I stand pat for 2 drawing rounds with the nuts.

• 3 weeks later...

The 8-game now has ligher limits going, so check those out - the stud games ante needs to be fixed though. There's a thread over at 4 about that - http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=281494The main purpose of 8-game(apart from the obvious test of knowledge) is to tilt players in some games and switch gears between the games. For example, depending on your opponents, you could play the PLO quite LAGGY followed by a tight round of 2-7 where you have a large edge when you enter a pot. Also NL2-7 has started up(it was limit previously). There will be experts playing 2-7 no doubt, but look out for those newbies who will throw money away.

The 8-game now has ligher limits going, so check those out - the stud games ante needs to be fixed though. There's a thread over at 4 about that - http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=281494The main purpose of 8-game(apart from the obvious test of knowledge) is to tilt players in some games and switch gears between the games. For example, depending on your opponents, you could play the PLO quite LAGGY followed by a tight round of 2-7 where you have a large edge when you enter a pot. Also NL2-7 has started up(it was limit previously). There will be experts playing 2-7 no doubt, but look out for those newbies who will throw money away.
im playing now, these games seem good. everybody is playing weak and scared. no 3 bets, no bluffing, no raises after the draw. no big pots at all. they all think they are going to out fold each other.

Yeh, I wasn't sure how these would play, so i guess it's real tighties at present(actually this is the likelihood for this game I think)Might have to come up a general short-stack strategy...Think I'll prefer 8-game though - just have to get some roll on Stars now!

I've noticed Stars has also introduced even lower stakes SnGs for some games than they had prior. You can now play games like 6-max 5-card draw and FL 2-7 TD at the $1 level. They don't seem to be very popular but as a micro stakes player it's fun to donk around in one of them now and then when you want a break and don't want to risk too much of your roll.

LOL, just experimented with 8-game playing a play money STT and took it down baby! Even though it was play money it was quite a mental challenge - had to keep referring back to the rules to remind me how to play each game. One of these days I'll try a $3 8-game SnG and see how it plays. The cash game limits are too high for me.What would you guys say is the easiest game to become good at? Razz?

LOL, just experimented with 8-game playing a play money STT and took it down baby! Even though it was play money it was quite a mental challenge - had to keep referring back to the rules to remind me how to play each game. One of these days I'll try a $3 8-game SnG and see how it plays. The cash game limits are too high for me.What would you guys say is the easiest game to become good at? Razz?
i read daniel's chapter in triple draw maybe five times (very carefully like i was studying for an exam).then i have about 20 hours of playing.i feel like i have an edge over almost everybody ive played with at .50/1 and 1/2 (in that i can recognize their mistakes and i dont make them).

Stupid razz. This game is so annoying. I love having A246 and then having Q-Q-J fall into my lap. Or starting with the beautiful A23 and watching low cards drop into my opponents' hands while picture cards appear in mine. Oh, and don't get me started on the old 7th street double-paired card. Love that one. Who invented this damn game?On the other hand, I'm really enjoying the micro stakes mixed SnGs. Took down my first 8-Game SnG earlier, followed by a 3rd place cash in my first HORSE SnG. I'm sure Pokerstars is just sucking me in before they start taking my money.

Stupid razz. This game is so annoying. I love having A246 and then having Q-Q-J fall into my lap. Or starting with the beautiful A23 and watching low cards drop into my opponents' hands while picture cards appear in mine. Oh, and don't get me started on the old 7th street double-paired card. Love that one. Who invented this damn game?On the other hand, I'm really enjoying the micro stakes mixed SnGs. Took down my first 8-Game SnG earlier, followed by a 3rd place cash in my first HORSE SnG. I'm sure Pokerstars is just sucking me in before they start taking my money.
thats the whole point of lowball games. they are very frustrating. so while they are easy to play at least competently, finding the discipline to do so is hard. after bricking on fourth ten times in a row rare is the person who doesn't say ah **** it im gonna take one off here on the eleventh time.

Yeah, the little that I've read about razz says that it's a game of extreme patience and discipline, and 5th street is where you need to make the big decision. It's just so damn hard to fold when you have a great draw and you're facing small bets. Same reason why I found limit O8 so much more difficult than PLO8 - you just get sucked into chasing big hands because of the small bets and irresistible pot odds.