Daily 15 Grand, K-q Off In Late Postion

Ok i limp in this pot with k-q, i am playing tight while i chip up, the guy i am playing a pot with has limped with one or two hands and won pots without showdown.First question i reckon i should have raised but then again i dont cause i just wanna see a cheap flop. Heres the hand a few more questions to followPokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (9 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)saw flop|saw showdownBB (t4275)UTG (t1980)UTG+1 (t1960)MP1 (t935)MP2 (t3300)MP3 (t3515)Hero (t1890)Button (t4715)SB (t2245)Preflop: Hero is CO with Q :5c , K :3h . UTG calls t50, 2 folds, MP2 calls t50, 1 fold, Hero calls t50, Button calls t50, SB completes, BB checks.Flop: (t300) Q :D , K :D , 2 :ts(6 players)SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP2 checks, Hero bets t150, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG raises to t300, MP2 folds, Hero calls t150.Turn: (t900) 8 :D(2 players)UTG bets t350, Hero calls t350.River: (t1600) T :4h(2 players)UTG bets t1280 (All-In), Hero ?????First of all flop i bet half the pot just to say mebbe i have something mebbe i dont, bam he re-raises me so i think do i re-raise to win it here basicully risking my tourney life to a coin flip. So question is re-raise or flat call, i am putting the guy on K-A Q-A no flush drawTurn I think i am still ahead here so i just call bricking it if the ace hits the river so question should i end it here, either a fold or a shove ?River i suddenley shit my pants, what if he has trips 8s 2s 10s or J-A or Hes limped with a monster, and i have turned into a calling station, then i think that hes trying to buy the pot ( reading HOH ) What you guys think ? sorry for any spelling errors- bad grammer- talking shite :club:

I might limp KQs but if Im going to play KQo Id definitely raise PF as a squeeze or at least to buy the button. Bet pot on the flop, you'll probably get action out of any hand that would call 1/2 pot, and the more players in the hand the more you need to bet when you're almost certainly ahead. If UTG raises at that point Id be very worried about a set and proceed very cautiously.

I might limp KQs but if Im going to play KQo Id definitely raise PF as a squeeze or at least to buy the button. Bet pot on the flop, you'll probably get action out of any hand that would call 1/2 pot, and the more players in the hand the more you need to bet when you're almost certainly ahead. If UTG raises at that point Id be very worried about a set and proceed very cautiously.
Played all wrong ?

I don't know the buyin for this event, but if it's low, I'm pushing over his min raise on the flop. If he calls with 22, then oh well I guess, but you're far ahead of other hands that people are getting cute with.

So what did he have? 22?
Smells like pocket kings. 1st the limp pre-flop and then the min-ck-raise on the flop - it reaks of a flopped set of kings from a tricky dicky. Often said and worth remembering is "Always beware the limp from UTG!""Qucik edit - a preflop raise would likely have flushed out a UTG trapper so I aggree with cops about the pf raise.
Played all wrong ?
All wrong is a bit harsh. The equity difference between different lines may be fairly small, except of course for the decision to call the all in.Your hand is certainly under-repped with your line, and being more agressive pre-flop/flop may have helped clarify whether youre really ahead or behind here. On balance Id probably make a crying call.

Yeah i think its more to do with the level of play in the tourneys i play in, i mean i aint any big shakes but people dont seem to respect my play, prehaps i need to up the aggression a bit make bigger raises bets etc etc but when i do that i seem to get the shovel wheather they have the nuts or not, life of a 2 dollar tourney player huh lol (sorry for spelling)

Dybia copernicus ydy dde , Cymraeg ydy a 'n sylweddol hurtyn dafodiaith

ummm...so what did he have?
He gave away what he had on flop, if you had trips on the flop and theres no flushes and someone bets into you are you really gonna re-raise it or are you gonna flat for value ? it just didnt make sense from what i had seen the guy play before.
He gave away what he had on flop, if you had trips on the flop and theres no flushes and someone bets into you are you really gonna re-raise it or are you gonna flat for value ? it just didnt make sense from what i had seen the guy play before.
"gave away" is a bit strong. there was a high straight draw on the board and it was a min-raise. You cant totally discount a set here.
"gave away" is a bit strong. there was a high straight draw on the board and it was a min-raise. You cant totally discount a set here.
True but from my point all his bets just showed that he was trying to buy the pot.Seen it so much in these tourneys he thought i had q-random

If your PF raises won't get much respect (and they often won't early in an online tourney, when many are looking to see flops and score big) then your raises should be for value. You have a comparatively strong hand in KQ and a raise of 2.5-3xBB isn't unreasonable, plus you'll fold a couple of marginal hands that would have limped. On the flop, betting half the pot is fine, though betting the pot as cop said is also a fine play, as it'll define your hand to anyone putting you on a bluff (that may try to reraise you), and most anyone holding the goods will let you know pretty quickly.

i called, i won, reason i posted this is that i wanted to keep the pot small untill i saw the river. Reason i was scared of the suckout, i Was sure when he raised he had Q-A and i was 100% ahead, looking back he could have had trips, But i had seen this play so much that i thought he was tryin to buy the pot and i was trying to control it till the shovel at the end which i knew was comeing. correct play ?

i called, i won, reason i posted this is that i wanted to keep the pot small untill i saw the river. Reason i was scared of the suckout, i Was sure when he raised he had Q-A and i was 100% ahead, looking back he could have had trips, But i had seen this play so much that i thought he was tryin to buy the pot and i was trying to control it till the shovel at the end which i knew was comeing. correct play ?
I still prefer a more aggressive line, but you were there, you had the right read and got the action you were looking for, so it cant be incorrect!