** FCHL's Toronto Rocket - Official Thread **

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yup, just got accepted into a program at Ryerson for the fall.

You're welcome.

I benched Weight. Oh well. I had sooooooooo many good forwards to pick from, lol. Someone on the bench is bouch to score.
Yeah I think it's kinda funny. That NYI/TB game is gotta be one of the worst viewer rated games of the night. Play is pretty sloppy too haha.
Congrats, not the way I wanted to go out on the way to my bye. .
Ty. Lucky Miettinen continued to roll over your goalies. Even no goalies can beat 6 GA. Tough break. Jeff and I got a screenshot of the standings, with us each as division leaders, because we know it won't last. lol

Gameday - 10/17/2008Forwards are set, with only 4 available, but we've got a log jam on defense:The only real locks are Rob Blake and Tom Preissing. Also available are Koistinen, Van Ryn, Seidenberg, Morris and Schubert.Buffalo and Calgary are both available for goaltending, but Buffalo seems like the easy choice.

Gameday - 10/17/2008Ottawa Limidonks (3-0-0)Forwards:Matt CullenPavol DemitraAlex SteenDan PaillexxDefense:Rob BlakeTom PreissingDennis SeidenbergVille KoistinenGoalies:Buffalo SabresBench:Christoph SchubertDerek MorrisMike Van RynTulane Flyers (2-2-0)Forwards:Jarret StollMichal HandzusJason BlakeChris KellyAles KotalikRod Brind'AmourDefense:Rostislav KleslaxxxGoalies:Anaheim DucksBench:n/a=================Need a big one from my defense here, Blake especially, against Mike's goalies. I need lots of luck up front, unfortunately any Demitra assist is cancelled out as he's playing against my goalies, and any goal is only worth 0.5. I don't expect much from Steen against the Rangers, but really hoping for Paille and Cullen to put up big nights.Should be a pretty close match between some weak lineups, just going to hope for the best.Right now, we're alone in first place in the toughest division in the FCHL (arguably), and a win tonight should keep us there. Tomorrow's game is against fellow expansion team, the Fearsome Beavers, so it's entirely possible we start off 5-0 before falling back down to earth once we hit the elite teams for the first time. We see the powerhouse Whalers on the 23rd, a short night which generally gives us a better chance to compete, and on the 25th, we see Broadway on a full game night, with every NHL team playing. Our chances to win either of those, especially the latter, or next to zero. In between, on the 24th, we match up with arguably the worst team in the FCHL (although the early records don't show it), the KC Reserves.

I'll be out too. Going to see some solid young talent as the Coyotes are in town. Excited for that. Also my first game of the season not buried in the 3rd deck. Lower bowl for me tonight, like 12th row back or something. Should be great.

Handzus and Kotalik each with 2 goals tonight, and the Anaheim shutout, despite getting peppered with shots, results in my first loss. Not a huge deal, as I figured I had a bigger chance to win this, than to win the game on Thursday. It all balances out. Demitra, Steen, and Paille were useless for me tonight. Demitra is in the doghouse, big time.Expansion team face off tonight, going against Steve's Fearsome Beavers.

Gameday - 10/18/2008Ottawa Limidonks (3-1-0)Forwards:Petr SykoraJordan StaalDavid BoothAntti MiettinenSean AveryDoug WeightDefense:Rob BlakeBrett ClarkDerek MorrisPatrice BriseboisGoalies:Buffalo SabresBench:Andrew LaddDan PailleMike KnubleJoffrey LupulMikael SamuelssonAlex SteenDainius ZubrusVille KoisteninMike Van RynChristoph SchubertRoyal Oak Fearsome Beavers (2-3-0)Forwards:Robert LangBill GuerinBryan LittleSteven ReinprechtCory StillmanBrian GiontaDefense:Trevor DaleyEric BrewerMike CommodoreKim JohnssonGoalies:Detroit Red WingsBench:n/a=================Things to keep an eye on; Zubrus has moved up from the 4th line in Jersey, and is playing a lot of his time with Rolston and Elias. He'll still get the bench today, but it's good to see him moving up, helping our depth.Andrew Ladd, had been playing with Toews, but had been splitting time with the 3rd line, with little PP time. Of course, with a new coach, anything could happen, so we'll monitor his progress as he rides the pines.Lupul and Knuble need to breakout at some point, but against a very good defensive team in SJ, I don't expect a lot of scoring in this one, even if SJ is playing their 2nd of back to back games, including a tough one against Anaheim.Paille has been good, but coming off a game last night where he was shutout in a 5-2 win, he'll be benched today in favor of a rested Avery, playing with Richards and Brunnstrom, coming off a pretty bad loss to the Blues.I like the chances that Sykora and/or Staal breakout tonight with a big game, against a tired Leafs team, most likely playing Curtis Joseph.Doug Weight continues to get top line minutes in NY, and already has 2g, 2a in his first 4 games.Ville Koistinen has been a healthy scratch on and off, so we won't take a chance on him tonight, and instead ship Brisebois into the lineup.I like our chances tonight.

Embarassing output for the Limidonks in each of the last two nights. Expect a stern lecture, and lots of bag skating for the next few days until our next game on Wednesday.Down by 1.5 going to the late games. All I have left is Rob Blake. We need 1+1, Mr. Blake, and need to fade a period out of each of Commodore and Brewer.