** FCHL's Toronto Rocket - Official Thread **

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yup, just got accepted into a program at Ryerson for the fall.

You're welcome.

I think* the projections are inflated by anywhere from 5-20 points up front. I'd be less generous with blake and more generous with the rest of your D.*hope
Yeah, I noticed that as well. Preissing is notably low in the projections.
Yeah, I noticed that as well. Preissing is notably low in the projections.
I mean, so often I read projections and wonder if the person doing them has ever looked at the NHL scoring results. the sheer number of projected 70+ point guys is always ridiculous... last year, for example, only had 39...
I mean, so often I read projections and wonder if the person doing them has ever looked at the NHL scoring results. the sheer number of projected 70+ point guys is always ridiculous... last year, for example, only had 39...
Forecaster is one of the worst for point projections, usually on the high side of the players output potential. I always wondered if they did that to make sure if anyone broke out, they could say they called it.

lol, I noticed that Forecaster was really high, but it makes me feel better about my team. :DThey also predicted huge breakouts for Staal and Steen, which would be wonderful.I also wondered if they actually went and added up how many goals they were assigning team each team, to see if it actually made sense in terms of goals scored per season.

lol, I noticed that Forecaster was really high, but it makes me feel better about my team. :DThey also predicted huge breakouts for Staal and Steen, which would be wonderful.I also wondered if they actually went and added up how many goals they were assigning team each team, to see if it actually made sense in terms of goals scored per season.
Steen, to me makes no sense. I have not seen anything in his career so far that would suggest he will ever get to 60 points in a season. I might be wrong but I am certainly not losing any sleep for trading him away
Eh, I haven't watched him a ton, but on this Leafs team, I think he could do 60 points, just because he'll be getting top line minutes all around, basically, hopefully.
I love Steen, but if Grabovksi show he can play, and I have seen flashes of some brilliance, he will get all the minutes.
I also wondered if they actually went and added up how many goals they were assigning team each team, to see if it actually made sense in terms of goals scored per season.
I knew someone who used to work on the Forecaster in its first few years (and still might, ive lost touch with him), but I remember him saying that they while they recognized if you totalled up all the individual goals the numbers would be out of whack, they had to take the upside into consideration for every player, and really they looked at each player individually with only slight recognition ot the team's totals.Of course, back then, there were so many holdouts that you never knew who would get to play and how much. It would be like trying to assign Sundin's and O'Sullivan's numbers today and still take the rest of the teams they end up on into consideration.

I am the unlucky one who has a bye on the first night of Oct 10th, so here's my first night, on Oct 11th:1. Petr Sykora - PIT vs NJD - OT2. Joffrey Lupul - PHI vs NYR3. Matt Cullen - CAR @ TBL4. David Booth - FLA vs ATL5. Andrew Ladd - CHI @ WAS6. Sean Avery - DAL @ NAS7. Rob Blake - SJS vs LAK8. Derek Morris - PHO vs CLB 9. Ville Koistinen - NAS vs DAL10. Mike Van Ryn - TOR vs MTLG. Calgary Flames - vs VANBench:Staal, Jordan - PIT vs NJDSteen, Alexander - TOR vs MTLDemitra, Pavol - VAN vs CGYKnuble, Mike - PHI vs NYRKobasew, Chuck - BOS @ MINZubrus, Dainius - NJD @ PITMadden, John - NJD @ PITMiettinen, Antti - MIN vs BOSSamuelsson, Mikael - DET @ OTTWeight, Doug - NYI vs STLChipchura, Kyle - MTL @ TORPaille, Daniel - BUF - OFFPreissing, Tom - LAK @ SJSSchubert, Christoph - OTT vs DETClark, Brett - COL - OFFBuffalo Goal - OFFForsberg, Peter - UFA*Subject to change, of course, in fact, it probably will several times.

I think you're looking a little too much into the match-ups. I would play Staal, Demitra, and Knuble.
Which is why I felt comfortable betting against your team making the playoffs, all star power aside.
Which is why I felt comfortable betting against your team making the playoffs, all star power aside.
I was thinking I might be looking into it too much as well, but I'm not too sure. I understand you guys don't want to let me in on your experience, lol, so I'll figure it out myself, in time. :-P
I'm pretty sure the day off thing was randomly done. I've got byes on 7, 11, 8, 11, 7- game nights.
Mine are on 7, 7, 12, 6 and 11 game nights, but they're all games that I would have had a goalie and a strong lineup in so I'm basically losing a good chance at a win in favor of a no contest each of the short nights.
Mine are on 7, 7, 12, 6 and 11 game nights, but they're all games that I would have had a goalie and a strong lineup in so I'm basically losing a good chance at a win in favor of a no contest each of the short nights.
Must be nice!7, 12, 12, 11, 12 :club:

Made some changes for tonight. First of all, Sykora is injured, so Staal is in for him. Decided to go with Demitra, even against my goalies in Calgary, as I can't really logic sitting one of my top scorers.In Philly, Lupul has been dropped the 3rd line with Metropolit and Hartnell, while Knuble is playing on the 2nd line with Carter and Upshall. I think Lupul has more talent, so I couldn't decide on one or the other, so both are going to be in.Ladd is playing with Toews in Chicago, so he's a no brainer. Booth had a good game last night with 1G, 1A, so I expect him to keep up this pace for a 164 point season, so cleary he can't sit.Almost cracking the lineup tonight were Cullen, Weight, Steen, Avery, Miettinen, Samuelsson, Madden, Zubrus, and Chipchura. Kobasew and Sykora are injured, Forsberg obviously has not signed, and Paille has the night off.On D, there's lots of mediocrity beyond Rob Blake. Blake had 2 assists in SJ's opener, and we'll hope he gets his PP points tonight again. Koistinen in Nashville will get some PP QB time. Morris and Preissing are both decent offensive guys. On the bench, we've got Schubert who will actually be playing on the 4th line tonight, and Van Ryn.Forwards:Jordan StaalJoffrey LupulDavid BoothAndrew LaddPavol DemitraMichael KnubleDefense:Rob BlakeVille KoistinenDerek MorrisTom PreissingGoaltending:Calgary FlamesTulane Flyers Lineup: (as of 10 am)Forwards:Jeff CarterJason BlakeJarret StollRuslan FedotenkoSaku KoivuMichal Handzus Defense:Kimmo TimonenPhilippe BoucherSergei ZubovRostislav Klesla Goaltending:Montreal Canadiens========================================I am really liking my chances of opening my FCHL career with a victory.Of course, I had a bye last night, but posted my best lineup anyways, and I would have beat every team in the league, except for Nell. :club: