it would be great. And with the strong European presence not only on the team, but in the city, it might attract them..Would make the Leafs instant contenders in my opinion.meh...just dreaming again.

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EKLUND:Just talking to a source who has been so far very quiet on the Mats Saga...."Mats is trying to return the first week in December. He definitely has the itch back and is getting stronger every day. The teams are constantly changing, but as of now The Leafs and Rangers lead the pack followed closely by the Canadiens and Capitalsif true, of those teams only Leafs have the cap space..The other would have to make moves.

I was watching a sports recap show on cable last night and the ticker at the bottom read " D. Sundin 1 goal and 1 assist " for the Vancouver/Ranger game. Made my heart skip a beat. For a mili second I thought, could it be true because Vancouver is one of his possible destinations but it made no sense from a conditioning point of view.I think I will send my resume into the show just in case they need a new stats editor.

EKLUND:Just talking to a source who has been so far very quiet on the Mats Saga...."Mats is trying to return the first week in December. He definitely has the itch back and is getting stronger every day. The teams are constantly changing, but as of now The Leafs and Rangers lead the pack followed closely by the Canadiens and Capitalsif true, of those teams only Leafs have the cap space..The other would have to make moves.
Sundin's salary is yet to be determined so how is it known that only the Leafs have the cap space?
Sundin's salary is yet to be determined so how is it known that only the Leafs have the cap space?
teams like montreal and rangers don't have the room. He isn't signing for anything less than 5 million. Even at that price those teams have to make a move. Not the leafs
teams like montreal and rangers don't have the room. He isn't signing for anything less than 5 million. Even at that price those teams have to make a move. Not the leafs
You realize that if Sundin signs for $5 million teams don't need to be able to fit $5 million under their cap, right?
You realize that if Sundin signs for $5 million teams don't need to be able to fit $5 million under their cap, right?
yes but Montreal and Rangers dont even have the prorated cap space available.
yes but Montreal and Rangers dont even have the prorated cap space available.
They can make a move to get the space. The Rangers will most likely trade Gomez to make room. I'd rather see the Habs go after Shanahan.
They can make a move to get the space. The Rangers will most likely trade Gomez to make room. I'd rather see the Habs go after Shanahan.
not even Gretzky or Bobby Orr can save Montreal's fate...They will win tonight, but its bad sailing from here on in....
really? to take over whose role in our top 9?
My source told me Sundin will be in a Leaf uniform by December. Book it guys this guy is rarely wrong.
I have been saying that since the summer, that there is no way he will suit up for any other team..Its always been Toronto or retire..IMOGruven on the other hand will swear, there is NO way in hell that would happen...I trust Chris's sources as well...however I am hoping he is wrong ...
Was it Eddie Shack?
No haven't scene him in a couple of weeks. Brett Lindros was here last weekend but its not him either. Brett looks like he should still be playing its unfortunante how early his career ended.I personally don't know the source but the guy that told me has no reason to lie. Sundin could come back to Toronto just to get traded at the deadline as well.

I've been listening to the NHL radio all day on XM (with my free trial from voting for the all star game, lol), and they've been saying that Gainey was in LA talking with Sundin yesterday or today, I forget what they said.

• 4 weeks later...
Hold on to your hats!!!!http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/story/2008...on.html?ref=rssbut seriously, who cares?
your apathy is clearly demonstrated by you reading an article and then posting it in a forum where everyone is most likely already aware of the revelation. Im guessing maybe you care after all. lol.
Jesus, what an attention whore. Just sign with Vancouver, already.
is this serious? what part of his actions demonstrate attention whore-dom? the endless press conferences? the constant interviews?ohhh, right, you must mean his desire to play with a team in the NHL, and play where he wants. What an ass.

I know, Gruven, but I can at least hope he goes out west. I wouldn't put money on it, but as long as it sounds like an option, I'm more for that than for him signing with the Rangers.At this point, I'm sick of hearing about him. I'm tired of him being a focal point of the media - he's one player who can't make up his mind, and is not worth the amount of attention he's been getting. I'm hoping this trend of players like him, Selanne and Neidermeyer won't pick up more steam.

At this point, I'm sick of hearing about him. I'm tired of him being a focal point of the media - he's one player who can't make up his mind, and is not worth the amount of attention he's been getting. I'm hoping this trend of players like him, Selanne and Neidermeyer won't pick up more steam.
I'm sick of it too, but I dont think you can blame him for it. He's just making a choice, in the time afforded to him as a UFA. And he's certainly not making it the circus it is. Thats all the media's fault if you ask me. But I would agree with you in that I hope more players dont make this a trend.