Oooooh... that is a pretty card. I love the royals, pirates, twins and jays. I'm going to have to put some money on Matchbook soon to test out my knowledge from the School of Wang.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oooooh... that is a pretty card. I love the royals, pirates, twins and jays. I'm going to have to put some money on Matchbook soon to test out my knowledge from the School of Wang.
Today's card actually didn't induce any physical pain, but that's abnormal. Luckily Seattle and Oakland are playing each other, so I've had a break from AL West losers for a few days at least. Tomorrow will almost surely be disgusting, though. I hate backing the Twins, since I have a White Sox future and the Twins are overvalued in general, but against the Angels I don't really have a choice but to play them. I would have had to sweep all my baseball bets to even put a dent in the amount I'm going to lose from my weekly golf spew, so I'm in the black today no matter what happens.

I just entered a $500 NFL and NCAA picks contest. 25 runners.2500 to the best NCAA record2500 to the best NFL record5000 to the best overall record2500 to be divied up among weekly winners.10K or bust, motherfuckers. All the guys in the contest are straight turds. The invite I received was a result of a discussion in which I disclosed my leans for NFL preseason games, and afterwards remarked, "Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm going to have a lot of bets on the Falcons and Dolphins this year." The guy offered me the last position in the pool on the spot. Every single one of these guys is going to pick the Patriots, Giants and Cowboys every game. It's very possible that every single submission I submit in a given week will be unique among all participants. I am either going to win by a mile or get creamed, but I'll take my chances trying to outpick Dale the broker and Craig the trust fund faggot. Wish me luck.

And the deep dicking continues. I am so fucked for football season.
lol you and me both...i love pain though so im down to lose my roll on the first college weekend...41 lined games...weeeee :club: Hey wang i was wondering in your golf bets do they put lines up for the nationwide events as well as the PGA, its been forever since i gambled online i have no clue what crazy shit they book anymore.On a sad note my laptop took a shit on me so i cant post at home anymore, can only post from work at night...will have a new laptop in less than 2 weeks though.

Nothing's finalized yet, since I'm waiting for some lines and totals to move a little, but I will be on the following tonight:Oakland +210 and change v. AngelsSeattle +200 v. TwinsRoyals/Rangers under 9.5Rox/Giants under 7.5 (assuming the books give up the half-run, since 7.0 is the only number available where I need it right now)I am going 1-3 tonight, so I might as well just update my excel spreadsheet right now and eat those losses.

Yeah, I had some money on the Northeast Pennsylvania Classic this week.
Why do you go by both Shimmering Wang and Tactical Bear? Is there some history behind this that I don't know about? You seem to use them interchangeably and I have yet to figure out a difference between the 2.
Why do you go by both Shimmering Wang and Tactical Bear? Is there some history behind this that I don't know about? You seem to use them interchangeably and I have yet to figure out a difference between the 2.
I had an ex-girlfriend that tracked me down via my email address (ShimmeringWang), and I had to start posting under Tactical Bear to hide. As you can see by my avatar, Tactical Bear is me in disguise. Depending on what computer I'm on, I post under both names. It's almost completely random.

Wang, do you ever bet on the Tigers? Also, I'm being offered an even money bet where I'm taking Minnesota to have a better season than the Pittsburgh Steelers. How good is that bet for me?

Wang, do you ever bet on the Tigers? Also, I'm being offered an even money bet where I'm taking Minnesota to have a better season than the Pittsburgh Steelers. How good is that bet for me?
I have bet against Kenny Rogers a ton this year. I faded Eddie Bonine a handful of times. I've been on some Tigers unders, and the Tigers a few times when they played Chicago. The Dye 2-out 2-run 9th inning bomb that put the nail in their season cost me some money.I don't have my copy of Football Prospectus nearby, but I think FootballOutsiders are a little higher on Minny than they are on Pitt. I don't like Pittsburgh at all. The Greek has the over/unders listed as:Minnesota, over 8.5 wins -140Pittsburgh under 9 wins -115So it's probably a coinflip in Vegas's mind. But I like Minnesota there.
I have bet against Kenny Rogers a ton this year. I faded Eddie Bonine a handful of times. I've been on some Tigers unders, and the Tigers a few times when they played Chicago. The Dye 2-out 2-run 9th inning bomb that put the nail in their season cost me some money.I don't have my copy of Football Prospectus nearby, but I think FootballOutsiders are a little higher on Minny than they are on Pitt. I don't like Pittsburgh at all. The Greek has the over/unders listed as:Minnesota, over 8.5 wins -140Pittsburgh under 9 wins -115So it's probably a coinflip in Vegas's mind. But I like Minnesota there.
Thanks. Probably going to take the bet. I was going to give odds, but Minnesota's schedule is also pretty tough. Though I probably wouldn't have to, as the guy I'm betting with offered a bet that the Tigers would lose less than 50 games this year.
Thanks. Probably going to take the bet. I was going to give odds, but Minnesota's schedule is also pretty tough. Though I probably wouldn't have to, as the guy I'm betting with offered a bet that the Tigers would lose less than 50 games this year.
Well holy crap.
Well holy crap.
Yeah, he's a bit of a homer. Tried to get him to bet more, unfortunately he declined.

I am so sure I am going to get double-dicked by Putz and Street tonight. If those ****ing cocksuckers cost me any more money I am going to pay somebody to snap nude pictures of their wives, and then take out a full-page ad in their respective hometown newspapers that will just be a link to a website hosting the pictures. I don't care if it costs 50K. I'll doit.

Yeah, I had some money on the Northeast Pennsylvania Classic this week.
nice, i wish i knew this ahead of time, i would have kept betting on my friend that plays on the tour...should be on PGA tour next year as a rookie, he has won two of the last 3 event on the nationwide tour, came in 6th the middle week he didnt win.I hate not having a laptop and not being able to post at home right now...so frustrating to wait for work to post... :club:
Wang,Based on contrarian views, what do you think of these plays for NFL preseason tonight:Miami +1KC -4
KC -4 is easily the best play on the board. I might be on it if I can get around to figuring out my likely weekend college football schedule. The Miami play is good, too. Miami in a virtual pick'em on the road against one of the best teams in the NFC is ****ing hilarious. Should be awesome when they're stuck 17-3 after the first quarter. I like them both. Good luck.

I ended up playing:KC -4 (4x)Wash -3 (2x)Pitt -3.5 (2x)Tennessee -6 (3x)I'm leaving off the juice because I'm not keeping records here, and because I am not logged into MB right now, so I can't look it up. I ended up passing Miami because I saw too much love for them on the boards. They went from a 4x bomb to a total pass like (snaps fingers) that. To be honest, they are probably still a very good play, but I'm trying to be as conservative as possible this year during football season