What Do Y'all Think Of This Bet

So I've got $50 on negreanu winning at least one of the following three: POY, HORSE, ME. The odds are 1:5. I feel like it's steal. I'd put reasonable odds at like 1:3 or 1:4. Thoughts?

So I've got $50 on negreanu winning at least one of the following three: POY, HORSE, ME. The odds are 1:5. I feel like it's steal. I'd put reasonable odds at like 1:3 or 1:4. Thoughts?
PM Man-ee-faces
bad bet. you didnt hear? negreanu is out for the year with season ending knee surgery.
So are you putting up $50 to win $250? Or putting up $50 to win $10?Wouldn't 5:1 odds be the right wording or are you getting ripped off?You should find some better odds because basically you are betting on him to win either HORSE or POY...the ME is such a long shot with the amount of entries.

Not sure I'd take that bet. HORSE event is going to be loaded with talent and ME is a total crapshoot. POY I'd say he has a decent shot.

bad bet. you didnt hear? negreanu is out for the year with season ending knee surgery.
I thought it was career ending?
Get your facts straight.It's Tommy John surgery and he is only out 12-18 months.

at 5:1 (not 1:5) i dont mind the bet at all because right now he is 3rd in POY and the guy is getting 5:1 on daniel winning that so its not a bad bet at all

Main Event and HORSE tourneys are such long shots that it isn't even worth thinking about, just huge long shots. So, basically 5-1 that Negreanu will will POY, and I doubt this happens often enough to make 5-1 good enough odds. My reasoning is that there are a lot of players at the top that are very close - good players like BG, E-dog, David Singer, and some others. I think E-dog brought his A-game this year and wil make it pretty tough for Daniel. 8-1 on this bet would be profitable maybe even 7-1. I might make the bet just for fun though, give you something to root for. After all it is only 50 chucks. Gamble gamble.

Main Event and HORSE tourneys are such long shots that it isn't even worth thinking about, just huge long shots. So, basically 5-1 that Negreanu will will POY, and I doubt this happens often enough to make 5-1 good enough odds. My reasoning is that there are a lot of players at the top that are very close - good players like BG, E-dog, David Singer, and some others. I think E-dog brought his A-game this year and wil make it pretty tough for Daniel. 8-1 on this bet would be profitable maybe even 7-1. I might make the bet just for fun though, give you something to root for. After all it is only 50 chucks. Gamble gamble.
i think that the fact that he made the bet in the middle of the series as opposed to before it started makes 5:1 profitable, and i also dont think 8:1 would be profitable if it were made before the series started
i think that the fact that he made the bet in the middle of the series as opposed to before it started makes 5:1 profitable, and i also dont think 8:1 would be profitable if it were made before the series started
i think b4 the wsop started 8 to 1 would be ridiculous... personally i would need something like 20-1 to even think about itjust because like someone stated... horse and me are longshots and to win the poy you still need to run pretty hot...
This is excatly your odds are bad. Everyone else near the top of the POY is a well known name that you can not figure will go away. If the other top spots were taken up by people nobody has ever heard of, a lik 5-1.
at 5:1 (not 1:5) i dont mind the bet at all because right now he is 3rd in POY and the guy is getting 5:1 on daniel winning that so its not a bad bet at all
Agreed, its basically 5:1 on POY. I kind of like it. No reason to think that he wont continue to go deep and considering he is in 3rd place, I think from this starting point, over 4 years, he definitely wins at least once, making it profitable. (Right?)

haha yeah 5:1. Yeah, see because I don't yet have the BR to play any events, the only way i can keep my interest in the series with with betting. I already won my DN winning a bracelet bet. So, time for something new. If I win this one, I'll have my dn bracelet winnings and dn poy winnings raining all over the Kahoots strip club in Columbus when I get back to school. :club: