Selfish Post--early College Top 25

Wow! University of Miami basketball is getting all sorts of love! So unusual but I like to see that they are making strides.Here is the link to espn's early CBB Top 25:http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/columns/stor...&id=3446170
I hope Josh Shipp remembers how to shoot next year for UCLA. Their recruiting class was reallllly good though; they were already the #1 rated class then had a blue chip recruit de-commit from LSU after they hired Trent Johnson, and commit to UCLA. They should be good for at least another sweet 16 this year, and maybe Howland can finally break through and win one.
Not to de-rail your thread, but I thought I'd post this nugget for those who hadn't heard, that way the haters can start the hating if they'd like. From all the rumors I've heard, this is highly likely to be totally bogus:http://www2.kusports.com/news/2008/jun/16/...ollins_womans_/
I hope it is. Bogus that is.
Not to de-rail your thread, but I thought I'd post this nugget for those who hadn't heard, that way the haters can start the hating if they'd like. From all the rumors I've heard, this is highly likely to be totally bogus (her claim, that is):http://www2.kusports.com/news/2008/jun/16/...ollins_womans_/
thats ok....this is a big story since it concerns a key player from the defending champs. this is a thread for early college basketball.I cant wait to see if Miami lives up to the hype. A top ten team? This could be a banner year that jumpstarts the program....
definitely a better chance than kansas this year....
since Joe Alexander is gone, I think that is pretty debateable.
TY Ty Lawson :club:
It's going to be extremely tough to beat UNC this year. Top 6 scorers returning from a Final Four team. I would have to believe that they are def the most talented team in the nation.
It's going to be extremely tough to beat UNC this year. Top 6 scorers returning from a Final Four team. I would have to believe that they are def the most talented team in the nation.
its not close either. the big story this CBB season will be does UNC win or will they blow it.

Holy shit, #2? I had no idea that there was even hope of Cook getting another season... if we can throw out a starting 5 of Cook, Fields, Young, Blair, and Brown... wow.

LOL always and forever
your both ghey. let me have my moment....miami sports have been brutal lately. you should all be blowing the Canes for making your conference legitimate in football for all those years.
WVU=NATIONAL CHAMPS IN FOOTBALL AND BASKETBALL AND ANYONE THAT WANTS TO BET KANSAS OVER WVU IN FINAL RANKINGS NEXT YEAR! HOLLAR!CUBS SUCK
PM me your bet and I'll think about it, for sure.
PM me your bet and I'll think about it, for sure.
I think thats an interesting bet. KU lost so many pieces but I also think Aldrich makes a quantum leap this year.Gansey, would you be interested in a Miami v. WVU last longer bet? team that makes it furthest in the tournament wins?I would be willing to make a bet on that (subject to void if one of the teams suffers a catastrophic injury between now and the start of the season)
I think thats an interesting bet. KU lost so many pieces but I also think Aldrich makes a quantum leap this year.Gansey, would you be interested in a Miami v. WVU last longer bet? team that makes it furthest in the tournament wins?I would be willing to make a bet on that (subject to void if one of the teams suffers a catastrophic injury between now and the start of the season)
We also have a SICK freshman class coming in this year. Sure, I don't think we'll be top 10 material, but I'm pretty confident that we'll finish better than a Alexander-less WVU team coached by Mr. Drink & Drive.
We also have a SICK freshman class coming in this year. Sure, I don't think we'll be top 10 material, but I'm pretty confident that we'll finish better than a Alexander-less WVU team coached by Mr. Drink & Drive.
How quickly KU can learn to play together next year will be very interesting.Collins will be the leader.Aldrich will need to score 15 a game.The other starters, if I had to guess, will be Mario Little at SF, Marcus Morris at PF, and Releford at SG. Maybe even Tyrone Appelton. All of whom will be new to the team.That would leave the other Morris twin, Releford or Appelton, Taylor and Reed coming off the bench. Maybe Mornigstar or Thomas getting some minutes here and there.A lot of talent, but not a lot of experience. Should be a fun team to watch grow together.
How quickly KU can learn to play together next year will be very interesting.Collins will be the leader.Aldrich will need to score 15 a game.The other starters, if I had to guess, will be Mario Little at SF, Marcus Morris at PF, and Releford at SG. Maybe even Tyrone Appelton. All of whom will be new to the team.That would leave the other Morris twin, Releford or Appelton, Taylor and Reed coming off the bench. Maybe Mornigstar or Thomas getting some minutes here and there.A lot of talent, but not a lot of experience. Should be a fun team to watch grow together.
100% agreed. I'm anxiously waiting to see what these youngsters will do. Collins is a college star in the making, imo. If Aldrich can become a little less robotic, he could become the first dominate center at KU in quite awhile.