High Stakes Golf-- Daniel's Puttting- Looking For Tips!

I just watched all of the high stakes golf videos ( including the new one against Antonius). Daniel's Putting is unbelievable. I can see why he is so addicted to playing golf. Even when he misses it is a pure stroke. I am a 6 handicap but can not make a putt outside of my shadow. Everyone is always giving Daniel swing tips but I am looking for putting tips. What is his/your putting fundamentals, thought process or practice routine? If I could putt like Daniel I would be playing at torrey pines this weekend. Instead I will be choking at the local municipal---- the usual. I have putter envy! All you golfers check it out at raw vegas!congrats on number 4 Daniel!thanks

If you are serious, I can share the greatest putting tip known to man. It is without a doubt the most important piece of info you can get: LISTEN FOR IT. Meaning, when you putt, keep your head down and don't look at the hole to see it go in... ever. If you look, you'll pull or push it. Put a line on your ball then line that up with the line on your putter. Look at the hole to gauge the distance, then never look to see if the putt drops. Focus on straight back and straight through, putter line on ball line. It's that freaking easy dude. Also don't be ashamed, I putt better than most 5 handicaps.

If you are serious, I can share the greatest putting tip known to man. It is without a doubt the most important piece of info you can get: LISTEN FOR IT. Meaning, when you putt, keep your head down and don't look at the hole to see it go in... ever. If you look, you'll pull or push it. Put a line on your ball then line that up with the line on your putter. Look at the hole to gauge the distance, then never look to see if the putt drops. Focus on straight back and straight through, putter line on ball line. It's that freaking easy dude. Also don't be ashamed, I putt better than most 5 handicaps.
shouldn't you be out parting or something? congrats on the bracelet
Hi Daniel, big fan. BIG FAN!!!I agree that you should keep your head down through the stroke, but after the ball has left the putter shouldn't you look to watch the break in case you go past the hole? Watching the breaks of the greens could help you putt even better. BETTER!!!

"LISTEN FOR IT" is a bit of an oversimplification, I think. A tip like that often leads to people becoming too stiff, especially with the shoulders and neck. As you follow through on a put, your motion should naturally turn your head up along your putting line. I'd argue that this is more likely to lead to turning your wrists and pulling it. If I had to give just one tip, I'd say make sure your follow-through is always longer than your backswing, because it'll guarantee that you don't decelerate and will make solid contact almost every time, leading to more consistency.

"LISTEN FOR IT" is a bit of an oversimplification, I think. A tip like that often leads to people becoming too stiff, especially with the shoulders and neck. As you follow through on a put, your motion should naturally turn your head up along your putting line. I'd argue that this is more likely to lead to turning your wrists and pulling it. If I had to give just one tip, I'd say make sure your follow-through is always longer than your backswing, because it'll guarantee that you don't decelerate and will make solid contact almost every time, leading to more consistency.
I'd agree with this school of thought. :club:
I was totally serious and I appreciate the tip. You have an interesting point. I kinda already do the listen technique. The interesting part is I only do it on short putts. ( five feet and shorter) How stupid is that! Maybe that is why I only make putts that are in my shadow!!! Maybe you could do another video blog from the drivng range. It would be interesting to see how much your swing has improved in a year's time. One last thing, do you chip as well as you putt???
Hi Daniel, big fan. BIG FAN!!!I agree that you should keep your head down through the stroke, but after the ball has left the putter shouldn't you look to watch the break in case you go past the hole? Watching the breaks of the greens could help you putt even better. BETTER!!!
Very true. I teach my students this technique for putts 5 ft and in. You must look at your putt to determine line on comebackers though. Its a great drill for people who tend to come out of their stroke or peek to soon.

DN--is that the Never Compromise putter? That's what I play. LOOOOOVE that club. I'm a 14 handicap but inside 8 feet I can putt like a scratch golfer b/c of that nasty club.

You mean like miss the putt? Why would you worry about the next putt when the first one is going in? If your speed is right then you won't need to look at the break because you'll have a tap in at worst.