Weird hand this. About 4 hands into the new $6.60 donkament on starsPokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t20 (9 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)UTG+1 (t3030)MP1 (t2960)MP2 (t3320)MP3 (t2510)CO (t2970)Button (t2970)Hero (t2980)BB (t3000)UTG (t3410)Preflop: Hero is SB with Qdiamond.gif, Aspade.gif. UTG calls t20, 1 fold, MP1 calls t20, MP2 raises to t80, 2 folds, Button calls t80, Hero calls t70, BB calls t60, UTG calls t60, MP1 calls t60.Flop: (t480) Tclub.gif, Qheart.gif, 9spade.gif(6 players)Hero ??Bet here I assume? How much?Dangerous flop

You wanna reraise a possible multiway pot with only AQo OOP?There's more btw.I like the line you suggest on the flop
Yes you reraise to get HU. Big cards dont play well multiway whether OOP or in.
Reraise pot pre-flop. Check raise flop against one player who bets a reasonable amount, fold against a bet and a raise.
This is all good. You're in the sb, meaning out of position with a decent, but not great hand, in what's becoming a multi-pot.You have two options. One, reraise and try to get this hu or at least against 2 opponents, so you'll have a shot of taking this down.Two, play it like you did and pray you hit something better than top pair. If you don't, you might as well check fold. I don't mine this play if we're suited, but offsuit, there's even less chance we're going to love the flop, so we should be reraising.No great harm in folding preflop if you don't like these spots. This is a crappy position with a tricky hand to play.The best play is probably reraising preflop though.
Reraise pot pre-flop. Check raise flop against one player who bets a reasonable amount, fold against a bet and a raise.
I like this line - it's early but you have two limpers, a raise and then a call by the button. AQ might be the best hand here but you'll be OOP the rest of the way so you want to fold out most of these other players who seem weak and isolate against one other player. If everybody folds after you pot it, then great.As played, I hate our hand as we might already be behind and we're facing a ton of draws. I check and only play on if it's extremely cheap.
This is all good. You're in the sb, meaning out of position with a decent, but not great hand, in what's becoming a multi-pot.You have two options. One, reraise and try to get this hu or at least against 2 opponents, so you'll have a shot of taking this down.Two, play it like you did and pray you hit something better than top pair. If you don't, you might as well check fold. I don't mine this play if we're suited, but offsuit, there's even less chance we're going to love the flop, so we should be reraising.No great harm in folding preflop if you don't like these spots. This is a crappy position with a tricky hand to play.The best play is probably reraising preflop though.
I would probably fold here... but then again I play too many tables to play any hand tricky.
I like this line - it's early but you have two limpers, a raise and then a call by the button. AQ might be the best hand here but you'll be OOP the rest of the way so you want to fold out most of these other players who seem weak and isolate against one other player. If everybody folds after you pot it, then great.As played, I hate our hand as we might already be behind and we're facing a ton of draws. I check and only play on if it's extremely cheap.
Agreed. rr here is a very aggressive play. The rule in sngs is to be tight early on. There will be a time when rr w/ AQ is smart. Level one is not that time. Cash game, you go right ahead and rr your a$$ in this spot.
Make it 120-140 pre.. bet small on the flop.. if you get shoved on and everyone folds I snap call.
120-140 is way to small...it gives huge odds to the whole table and probably attracts 3 callers, maybe all 4. I think you have to near pot it...$300, which is a reasonable 10% of your stack, and youre willing to commit to the pot with TP

Ok, I like the flop lines I heard, but I did this instead. I'm thinking as I've bet, I probably should have bet slightly more but nvmdWhat on earth does almost min reraise mean?UTG+1 (t3030)MP1 (t2960)MP2 (t3320)MP3 (t2510)CO (t2970)Button (t2970)Hero (t2980)BB (t3000)UTG (t3410)Preflop: Hero is SB with Qdiamond.gif, Aspade.gif. UTG calls t20, 1 fold, MP1 calls t20, MP2 raises to t80, 2 folds, Button calls t80, Hero calls t70, BB calls t60, UTG calls t60, MP1 calls t60.Flop: (t480) Tclub.gif, Qheart.gif, 9spade.gif(6 players)Hero bets t225, BB folds, UTG folds, MP1 calls t225, MP2 raises to t460, Button folds, Hero ??

i wouldnt worry too much about the almost min raise, although i dont think KJ is likely so at this point your likely facing hands like kq or qj. i wouldnt rule out a j or even pocket jacks.you didnt re raise pre so its hard to tell what you could be betting in villians eyes. flat his raise and fire another safe turn.

Ok, I like the flop lines I heard, but I did this instead. I'm thinking as I've bet, I probably should have bet slightly more but nvmdWhat on earth does almost min reraise mean?Flop: (t480) Tclub.gif, Qheart.gif, 9spade.gif(6 players)Hero bets t225, BB folds, UTG folds, MP1 calls t225, MP2 raises to t460, Button folds, Hero ??
It either means drawing, an overpair, a set, or two pair. With two players already putting money into the pot on the flop, we can rule out a bluff/low pocket pair almost entirely.AA/KK/QQ/TT - Extremely, extremely unlikely. I'd put this at like 5%JJ/99 - Far more plausible.. 99 could definitely slow down PF and figure to be ahead on the flop. JJ is even more opportunistic: he's holding half the straight possibilities in this hand. Of course, he'd also be more likely to flat call on such a dangerous flop. I'd say 10%ish.Two Pair - they could easily both have 2 pair on this flop lol - 30%Pair + SD - another likely holding worthy of building pot - 30%J8/KJ - Made straights, definitely fit the silly min raise scenario - 15%Naked Jack - Awful play for that scenario, but considering the buy in - 10%We're ahead a bit of JJ, Naked J, Pair + SD.. We have a few solid outs against two pair. AA/KK/QQ/TT/99 has us crushed, but are very rarely in MP2's range. Made straights are definitely possible.MP1 is the real wild card. He's had an incredibly passive line, and he's likely the one who is going to give you the odds to continue.This is a pretty gross spot against a pretty large field. I might be able to find a fold here based on three key things: 1. ) I'm OOP. 2. ) I have no piece of the draw on board and no way to truly improve/redraw. 3. ) Even if I'm ahead (the *only* reason to call in the first place), I'll have extreme difficulty getting any value for my hand, much less maximum value. Never fun to try and valuebet into the nuts. Even hitting an ace on the turn doesn't beat a made straight, and would kill all non-jack action (even though it's obvious (to thinking players) that an ace wouldn't 'complete' a straight on that board).
It either means drawing, an overpair, a set, or two pair. With two players already putting money into the pot on the flop, we can rule out a bluff/low pocket pair almost entirely.AA/KK/QQ/TT - Extremely, extremely unlikely. I'd put this at like 5%JJ/99 - Far more plausible.. 99 could definitely slow down PF and figure to be ahead on the flop. JJ is even more opportunistic: he's holding half the straight possibilities in this hand. Of course, he'd also be more likely to flat call on such a dangerous flop. I'd say 10%ish.Two Pair - they could easily both have 2 pair on this flop lol - 30%Pair + SD - another likely holding worthy of building pot - 30%J8/KJ - Made straights, definitely fit the silly min raise scenario - 15%Naked Jack - Awful play for that scenario, but considering the buy in - 10%We're ahead a bit of JJ, Naked J, Pair + SD.. We have a few solid outs against two pair. AA/KK/QQ/TT/99 has us crushed, but are very rarely in MP2's range. Made straights are definitely possible.MP1 is the real wild card. He's had an incredibly passive line, and he's likely the one who is going to give you the odds to continue.This is a pretty gross spot against a pretty large field. I might be able to find a fold here based on three key things: 1. ) I'm OOP. 2. ) I have no piece of the draw on board and no way to truly improve/redraw. 3. ) Even if I'm ahead (the *only* reason to call in the first place), I'll have extreme difficulty getting any value for my hand, much less maximum value. Never fun to try and valuebet into the nuts. Even hitting an ace on the turn doesn't beat a made straight, and would kill all non-jack action (even though it's obvious (to thinking players) that an ace wouldn't 'complete' a straight on that board).
Agreed, except "I might be able to find a food" is "I think its an easy fold" imo.